1.    #1  
    Sooo... I am just curious. Some of us are sticking with Palm. Some are moving on. I do not want to bash the Pre, or Palm. I am just curious -- for those who plan to change phones and go to a different platform, what phones are you going to? If they're not out yet, what phones are you waiting for? Are you staying with your current carrier?

I'll start... I love my Pre... but... I have some issues, and I kinda want something new. I am frustrated with the pace of progress of the WebOS platform, and disappointed with the hardware. No APIs for microphone support? Still getting "too many cards" with just email and browser open (not every time, but too often). Beyond annoyed that there is still no easy way to either archive or delete in Gmail (I know I can change the default folder to "Archived", but then deleting is a PITA). Ticked off that the Gmail mobile web client does not work correctly. Nor does Google Reader. I don't care whose fault it is (Palm v. Google), I just want it to work. I could care less about 3D games. I hate that the screen developed a "cosmetic issue" (delaminating in one corner).

But really... I am ready for a new toy to figure out. I am stoked about the EVO, but I am not convinced I can live without a real keyboard (probably, but have to try it first). Dell had some interesting announcements today. Both Android and WinPho7 look interesting.

From a Palm owners' perspective, what do you think?
    and this belongs in the pre section rather than the other handhelds section because...?
    his name fits.... imho
    lol there are a ton of threads like this already posted ... Search is ur friend
    I don't have any plans on leaving the webos platform, or the sprint network for the matter also. I'm currently on a palm pre but am interested in what this mystery c40 device may come to be. If the c40 is worth my wild then i may consider upgrading to it, but if sprint gets both the c40 and obsolete the regular pre with the pre+, then i predict something unfortunate to happen to my pre with hopes of having it exchanged through insurance with a pre+.
    I'm about to move back east from San Francisco. Ironically enough, it was San Francisco that forced me to Sprint (thus the Pre) due to the terrible AT&T network here.

Now that I am moving back east I am considering AT&T again for the next iPhone, unless of course it is announced for Sprint or Verizon. I don't have loyalty to any one device or network, I go where I think I will have the most enjoyment.
    I just got mine and I couldn't be happier. WebOS needs to be put on other manufacturer's phones like Android.
    Sooooo would it be worth it to trade in my recently purchased Pre Plus for the Droid Incredible?

I love the Pre Plus and WebOS and the whole card system, but I feel like the device is slow and outdated. The videos of the Incredible look like it is quick and very responsive. Also, googles app catalog is miles ahead of Palms.

Anyway... what do you guys think? I am trying to get an unbiased opinion, but I know it will be hard to get here.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by orlandofarquat View Post
    Sooooo would it be worth it to trade in my recently purchased Pre Plus for the Droid Incredible?

I love the Pre Plus and WebOS and the whole card system, but I feel like the device is slow and outdated. The videos of the Incredible look like it is quick and very responsive. Also, googles app catalog is miles ahead of Palms.

Anyway... what do you guys think? I am trying to get an unbiased opinion, but I know it will be hard to get here.
    If you are on the right (or is it wrong?) network, the Incredible looks solid. I know I would miss some things about WebOS too. The general concept (cards, global search) is great. The execution a little less so (between crappy hardware and half-baked calendar, and only so-so browser). If I were looking to switch and was on Verizon, I might give the Incredible a go.
    I will be getting the eve 4g. I want 4g and the mobile hotspot. Also I am tired of my pre reloading webpages, and the tmc error, I have come to the realization that it will be a few years before a device can multitask the way I expect, the hardware just is not there yet. In the meantime I will get the 4g.
    Great another Anticipation thread, now we have them for competing phones.

Go to Andriod Central of you want to talk about the EVO 4G!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    If only it were actually 4G.

As far as the incredible. The real draw to me over my Pre Plus is the processor speed and the app catalog. The negatives are the touchscreen keyboard.

I have ply had my Pre Plus a couple of weeks, so I could essentially still swap for the incredible once it comes out... decisions, decisions.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I waited a long time for something as impressive as the Pre to show up on Sprint and my intention on buying it day 1 was that I would use it for the full 2 years. But given all of the problems with the hardware and overall platform then I'm practically "forced" to switch. My productivity is important to me and the Pre simply gets in my way.

Choice 1: iPhone + Sprint
    My current setup is a disabled iPhone that I use tethered to my Pre when necessary. I carry two phones because neither does exactly what I want, but IF iPhone (w/4.0) goes to Sprint then I'm set.

Choice 2: EVO + Sprint
    I really don't buy into the Android thing and much prefer WebOS over it. BUT, Android is a decent OS with many of the Apps I feel are essential and built in tethering is great. The problem is I'll still have to carry my iPhone because Android doesn't have all the apps I require either.

Choice 3: Pre + Sprint
    I'm growing more frustrated with the limitations of the Pre every day I use it, but sticking with Pre is also an option because I don't want to renew my contract. I guess the big wish here is that Palm(or acquiring company) will admit that the Pre is a turd and give us an upgrade path to their new device.

Choice 4: iPhone + Verizon
    This is a desperation move if nothing goes my way. I'm a Sprint fan--- but if they can't get me a phone I'm in love with then I'll have no choice but to switch carriers. I guess I'm selfish in that I care more about myself than some big corporation.
    Sticking with Sprint and Palm. Will move on to the next WebOS device if I like it. As far as "frustrated with the pace of progress of the WebOS platform", how fast should it be going? This is one of the fastest advancing OS's that has come out. Take a chill pill. If you want it to move faster than become a Dev. Another stupid thread.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    As far as "frustrated with the pace of progress of the WebOS platform", how fast should it be going? This is one of the fastest advancing OS's that has come out.
    Based on what? Multitasking they nailed right out of the gate, but it's been a year and overall WebOS has so many optimization, memory, power consumption issues that it still feels like a beta project.

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Take a chill pill. If you want it to move faster than become a Dev. Another stupid thread.
    I think you missed the point of this clearly labeled "stupid thread". We're CONSUMERS and have no desire to be Developers. Fixing Palm is Palms problem so anyone who is dissatisfied is doing the right thing. They're contemplating which competing product they should try next. The fact that this bothers you so much is plain disturbing.
    Last edited by Urkel; 04/23/2010 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The fact that this bothers you so much is plain disturbing.
    I am.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!