Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Depends on how it feels in hand. How easy is it to use one handed? The Pre's current size i always felt was a plus. Maybe not in the mainstream market.

I still see a kb as catering more to corporate users and perhaps slightly bigger screen would work, but i'm not sure that dramatic a jump (3.1 to 4 is needed). If Palm wants to go after mainstream consumers (and they clearly do), then throw out a large thin slab with virtual kb.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    a silver Motorola Droid with portrait slider instead of landscape. wow alert the media.
    I think the shape of the Pre (it's roundness) is what makes the vertical slider worthwhile. The straight and narrow-type sliders have always been a real hassle for me to grip and type. I like the look of the Dell phone, but I definitely prefer the more rounded approach of the Pre.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocOx View Post
    Isn't the slider this thread was talking about running Windows 7, or did I miss something?
    Yep. Actually from all accounts a pretty solid interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    I think the shape of the Pre (it's roundness) is what makes the vertical slider worthwhile. The straight and narrow-type sliders have always been a real hassle for me to grip and type. I like the look of the Dell phone, but I definitely prefer the more rounded approach of the Pre.
    I must agree here, but I believe the Pre is a bit on the thick side, and the screen is too small. If the rumors of the C40 are true (slider type like the Pre with a larger screen, but thinner), they will have perfected the form factor. All they will need is much better QC.

If anything, the Dells are showing that a larger protrait slider is feasible.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    That phone wouldn't interest me at all. Pre looks MUCH nicer.
    +1 and is a Win phone. WebOS rules and Linux also.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by nologin View Post
    Really? Dell? A little late to the game methinks.
    So is Palm. They should have been in the RIM position. Once all you saw in Corps is Palm. Not anymore.

Palm is dying a slow death by iPhone. Windows Mobile 7 will just add a few more nails to the coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    So is Palm. They should have been in the RIM position. Once all you saw in Corps is Palm. Not anymore.

Palm is dying a slow death by iPhone. Windows Mobile 7 will just add a few more nails to the coffin.
    Also, remember that WM7 has Microsoft's $$$ behind it. It isn't gonna go any where fast. Also consider that it will have full mobile office support and exchange support. I bet that looks really interesting to many businesses.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    full mobile office support gets diminished when you can't cut and paste. It will come at some point, but the question is when. Working in word and excel without cut and paste is very frustrating. A lot of deleting and retyping.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out in the coming months and into next year.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    full mobile office support gets diminished when you can't cut and paste. It will come at some point, but the question is when. Working in word and excel without cut and paste is very frustrating. A lot of deleting and retyping.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out in the coming months and into next year.
    Well, Mobile Office w/o cut+paste >> no Mobile Office w/cut + paste. So in my mind, as far as document editing goes, WM7 is much better off than WebOS.

well it's tough to make that statement when the release of the first WP7 phone is about a half a year away in which an Office solution for webOS could become reality. That being said, I already have both (Office editing and cut and paste) on my Moment, and the Evo will just add to it by cleaning up Android via Sense. That big screen will also improve the doc handling experience too.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    +1 and is a Win phone. WebOS rules and Linux also.
    Linux maybe, Webos is delusional or to put it nicer wishful thinking. Unfortunately, MS appears to be taking a page from the Apple model with their setup, it would seem they are trying to correct their past mistakes. Since they have such a hand in the product, I would imagine their Ad campaign will equal that of Apple, which will relegate WebOS to hobbyist.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    well it's tough to make that statement when the release of the first WP7 phone is about a half a year away in which an Office solution for webOS could become reality. That being said, I already have both (Office editing and cut and paste) on my Moment, and the Evo will just add to it by cleaning up Android via Sense. That big screen will also improve the doc handling experience too.
    Oh I totally agree. Android is, as far as I can tell right now, the superior mobile OS right now, as long as you don't need tons of 3D games. I am planning on switching to the Evo as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12