Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Looking further into this - Dell have about 5 (??) decent Android and Windows 7 devices coming out this year.

Surely WebOS market share has to shrink further because this is death by a thousand cuts.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't want a bigger phone. I think the Pre is the perfect balance between size and weight.
    even if it's slightly wider and slightly taller... it will still be smaller then that BRICK we know as the droid
    Palm can't worry about the small amount of people that want a similar form factor to the Pre and Pixi. They also shouldn't add a keyboard to the C40 but that seems inevitable. If they somehow make two versions, one with a physical and one with a great multitouch on-screen keyboard with nice screen real estate at least similar to the iPhone, fast hardware and a front cam, they can survive the 2011 year plus win the hearts of a larger base (hint: iPhone).

But Palm probably won't do this. They've always had these strange and awkward designs for phones since the beginning. Don't get me wrong, they're nice form factors in the hand but they aren't industry standard and currently squared off slabs are in.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    even if it's slightly wider and slightly taller... it will still be smaller then that BRICK we know as the droid
    the droid is a relatively small phone. It is much thinner than the pre, and only a brick if you compare it to say a pixi.
  6. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I'd love for the C40 to be left at a bar somewhere.

Not only would we see what's in store, but it would be a nice shot at Apple's stunt, and surely would get a lot of press. LOL
    New videos from Engadget of WinMo7 doing awesome things with Office docs

Updated Windows Phone 7 videos show Office doing awesome things -- Engadget

The UI and menus are cool, but still seems like too many layers and steps to get to where you want to go for a mobile OS.
    There is a lesson that PALM can learn here:

Ive spoken to quite a few people about the Dell phones, and, hands down, that Lightening model gets rave reviews, just from looking at it.

Most people didnt ask what OS was on it.. it just looked great, and had that keyboard, and that's prfetty much 80% of the sale.

Personally, I do NOT like WinMo7 as an Operating System for a smartphone. I dont like the way the graphics are laid out, or the whole concept behind its design; this has nothing to do with my preference for WebOS, by the way.

Having said that, even I looked at that phone and moments of consideration went through my mind, just based on its looks.

And that's when I thought "But, man, if that had WebOS on it...".

Dell looks to be a real smartphone handset player, or, at least, they are surely gearing up to be one.

Very impressive, IMO.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I can't understand for the life of me what is wrong with PALM??? Companies are dropping new and intuitives devices by the dozens and PALM is still sending the 1 yr old Palm Pre to carries. Doesn't PALM understand that the PRE was a big failure. It is a wopping failure due to the shabby hardware and now you going to place the same bullcrap on the worlds biggest carrier? PALMS CEO needs the pink slip!!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    I can't understand for the life of me what is wrong with PALM??? Companies are dropping new and intuitives devices by the dozens and PALM is still sending the 1 yr old Palm Pre to carries. Doesn't PALM understand that the PRE was a big failure. It is a wopping failure due to the shabby hardware and now you going to place the same bullcrap on the worlds biggest carrier? PALMS CEO needs the pink slip!!
    bit of a stretch to call the Pre a failure. is it the greatest hardware? no, but failure? not at all. palm is a small company, and its just unrealistic to think they can pump out device after device the way the larger handset companies can. Palms biggest asset in my opinion is WebOS, unfortunately they have made some bonehead moves in marketing, and just dont have the manpower to keep up in todays lightning fast market. Hopefully they will release something that generates some buzz for WebOS again.

i would jump on that pixi looking dell phone in a heartbeat if it was running webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    By the dozens? Exaggerating a little there. Dell definately drop a load here, but its not like they are refreshing a line up from last year or even two years ago. HTC has been busy lately, but their phones are all derivatives from two or three models. Take the segment leader Apple's approach, make one phone, but make it extremely well. Little guy Palm released two phones within the last 10 months. Expecting something huge out of them now is wishful thinking.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12