1.    #1  
    Which Google services integrate well with the Pre Plus? And which are weak or incompatible? For example, does the Pre Plus have integration with GMail, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Maps, Picasa, Google Voice, etc? And can it use apps like Google Listen for podcasts?

I'm a long time Treo 650 user, so I'm totally fluent in PalmOS. I was glad to see that WebOS has surprising similarities to PalmOS, making it instantly familiar to me. However, I spent time with a Motorola Droid and quickly fell in love with its UI and tight integration with my Google life.

Now Verizon has the Droid Incredible, so I'm forced to choose. Do I get the Incredible, which is reportedly the best Android phone, with its fluent Google integration? Or do I buy a Palm Pre Plus "on principle", accepting a bleak future without OS support and app development, and without Google services? If the Pre Plus integrates with Google, than that's all I need to stay true to Palm. Thanks.
    If you like the Android UI and integration with Google then go with it. The Pre may or may not get full functionality with Google and if it does that could be a while from now. Right now Android has everything you need so why wait for the Pre to catch up?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    If you are on Verizon it's a no brainer, The Pre Plus. 5g's of free WIFI tethering for as long as you keep the pre active on that line. It's a priceless option if you use a laptop on the go, or Ipod or Ipad. $200 for the HTC, $49.99 for the Pre is another plus in the Pre favor.
  4.    #4  
    I read the fine print on the tethering and concluded: You need to pay for a voice plan, data plan for the phone, AND a 5 gig per month data plan for the tethering. And when the phone is in tethering mode, any data used by the phone user interface is deducted from the 5G tethering plan, not the unlimited data phone plan.

I can't afford to pay two data plans just for tethering. I'd rather get PDANet and tether for free (which works great on my old Treo 650).
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox31 View Post
    I read the fine print on the tethering and concluded: You need to pay for a voice plan, data plan for the phone, AND a 5 gig per month data plan for the tethering. And when the phone is in tethering mode, any data used by the phone user interface is deducted from the 5G tethering plan, not the unlimited data phone plan.

I can't afford to pay two data plans just for tethering. I'd rather get PDANet and tether for free (which works great on my old Treo 650).
    No, the WIFI hotspot 5g is FREE with the Palm Pre Plus for as long as you own and keep the line active. You have a 29.99 data plan and voice thats all, the Phone data is unlimited, WIFI is 5g (Phone data counts too when Hotspot is active) Check Verizons Forums, They have stated clearly on there that is is ABSOLUTLY FREE!