Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    This video is for you:
  2. #2  
    lol. How many naysayers are there? Also, if you have a capacitive stylus, you can use it on the Pre too.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    lol. How many naysayers are there? Also, if you have a capacitive stylus, you can use it on the Pre too.
    My point exactly. I (and others) have tried explaining this to many, but they seem not to understand, so what better way to get your understanding across than a video?
  4. #4  
    I just think that people aren't down with using a stylus because the screen is so big it renders it a bit useless. The capacitive screen is also not tuned for handwriting, so that wouldn't work either.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  5. #5  
    They need to make an app that allows a hand to lay on the screen without interfering with handwriting. I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    They need to make an app that allows a hand to lay on the screen without interfering with handwriting. I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet.
    That's the biggest reason why the stylus is completely useless on the iPad. How natural is it to write or draw with your hand dangling in the air exactly? Maybe you could do it for short times, but for anything extended, it's not going to work.

    Also, I'd love to see faster / longer strokes. Does a fast stroke end up with a broken line like on a resistive screen?

    And then, the last problem is that it's like writing with a marker; it's a broad point, making it difficult for finer detail.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That's the biggest reason why the stylus is completely useless on the iPad. How natural is it to write or draw with your hand dangling in the air exactly? Maybe you could do it for short times, but for anything extended, it's not going to work.

    Also, I'd love to see faster / longer strokes. Does a fast stroke end up with a broken line like on a resistive screen?

    And then, the last problem is that it's like writing with a marker; it's a broad point, making it difficult for finer detail.
    Wear a glove. :P

    On a more serious note they make some really nice iPad stylus'. Thinking about getting one. A quick stroke doesn't break the line, actually depends on the app. In the one i demoed if you do a quick stroke it produces a thin line.

    Btw, typing this post while sitting in a parking lot tethered to my phone. Such an awesome experience. I had my initial doubts about it, but it's truly changed the way I do a lot of things.
  8. #8  
    Yeah, the iPad / iPhone styluses (styli?) can be nice, but they all have the same issue of being a broad point by design. It's the only way to get the device to recognize them.

    And personally, I think the pressure sensitivity that you get from a real pen makes it more natural.

    I saw decent results from someone using a cloth below their hands to write with their hand on the device, but that just doesn't seem worth it to me.
  9. SDash's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #9  
    i've seen the pogo stylus used on the ipad with artstudio. I'd be more interested if there was pressure sensitivity. If wacom made a portable tablet with that, i'd buy even if it's near 1000
  10. #10  
    What's a stylus?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    I'd be more interested if there was pressure sensitivity. If wacom made a portable tablet with that, i'd buy even if it's near 1000
    There's a ton of portable tablets with pressure-sensitive Wacom digitizers.

    Check out the $1000 tm2, for example, which has a Wacom digitizer plus capacitive multitouch.

    And you can do just as much, if not more, with the freeware ArtRage2.

    Though in the interest of not off-tracking the thread with my active digitizer opinions, that'll be the last I say on the matter.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    They need to make an app that allows a hand to lay on the screen without interfering with handwriting. I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet.
    You mean like:

Posting Permissions