Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    okay i just bought a 2nd gen 8GB ipod touch for my 9 year old today because she has gotten straight a's for the past two quarters. well when i run the wifi off on mytether on my and brothers pres it maxes out at 13kb. I have ran test after test on mine and my brothers wifi hotspot with the touch and it is exactly 13kb everytime. well i thought maybe its because we are on sprint and using mytether so i ran my wifes pixi hotspot with the verizon hotspot that is free now and it is the same thing. anyone have any ideas? i am going to be very upset if i got a raw deal on this. please tell me someone has some sort of something i can do to try and fix this. i dont get it i constantly get 1.5Mb per second on my comp with the hotspot. and even when i run wifi on my pre off of my brothers hotspot just for fun, i get a really good connection much better than 13kb/sec. thanks jwinn
    idk notice it's slow on my 2g ipod touch when I try to download apps. Webpages are slow, but downloading is a nightmare. And lately I've been using the ipod touch alot. I carry it around with my phone so I an do all the things my phone can't (mostly due to lack of the apps) and use hotspot to use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    okay i just bought a 2nd gen 8GB ipod touch for my 9 year old today because she has gotten straight a's for the past two quarters. well when i run the wifi off on mytether on my and brothers pres it maxes out at 13kb. I have ran test after test on mine and my brothers wifi hotspot with the touch and it is exactly 13kb everytime. well i thought maybe its because we are on sprint and using mytether so i ran my wifes pixi hotspot with the verizon hotspot that is free now and it is the same thing. anyone have any ideas? i am going to be very upset if i got a raw deal on this. please tell me someone has some sort of something i can do to try and fix this. i dont get it i constantly get 1.5Mb per second on my comp with the hotspot. and even when i run wifi on my pre off of my brothers hotspot just for fun, i get a really good connection much better than 13kb/sec. thanks jwinn
    the ipod touch isnt going to get the same speeds as in your computer.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    idk notice it's slow on my 2g ipod touch when I try to download apps. Webpages are slow, but downloading is a nightmare. And lately I've been using the ipod touch alot. I carry it around with my phone so I an do all the things my phone can't (mostly due to lack of the apps) and use hotspot to use them.
    so it could just very well be a bad thing when trying to use ipod touch and pre together? i wish i could get some more people to tell me their experiences with it.
    same here kinda ive been reading around and even posted my own thread with my experience. I have an iPad and yup same problem. I get about 150kb at most on my ipad while tethered to my pre. But when i use my pre to tether with my laptop i get up to 1.5 mb, and with the iPad connected to my home router i get the regular router speed. Im not quite sure what the problem is but i read somewhere that it might be due to the fact on how the pre and the ipad/ipod communicate. Also heard that this happened last year as well where the ipad had connectivity issues that it would run slow on certain routers. But they later released a firware update to fix it. i hope we get something like that soon because i really need to use the ipad and the pre when im out on the go.
    yea basically people with ipads and ipod touchs get basically the same results when trying to tether through their pre, trust me i spent all day reading posts on this and no one has a clear answer or solution, all i could find was what i already posted in my previous post
    i have iphone 3GS
    the same problem here...arrrr... i want HTC! )))
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    FWIW, I've had the same experience.

This happens with MyTether and MHS. In another thread, someone has said they've reached out to Palm (for MHS help, of course, not MyTether), but all they can suggest is upgrading to the latest webOS. That doesn't help.
    Same issues here ....rather annoying. Also my ipod seems to lose the connection
    Quote Originally Posted by jred7o7 View Post
    same here kinda ive been reading around and even posted my own thread with my experience. I have an iPad and yup same problem. I get about 150kb at most on my ipad while tethered to my pre. But when i use my pre to tether with my laptop i get up to 1.5 mb, and with the iPad connected to my home router i get the regular router speed. Im not quite sure what the problem is but i read somewhere that it might be due to the fact on how the pre and the ipad/ipod communicate. Also heard that this happened last year as well where the ipad had connectivity issues that it would run slow on certain routers. But they later released a firware update to fix it. i hope we get something like that soon because i really need to use the ipad and the pre when im out on the go.
    I know that AT&T wants people to buy the version with the GSM radio so they can get a monthly fee, and they definitely don't want the iPad/iPhone running bandwidth hogs like video chat and bit torrent through these devices. I wouldn't be surprised if at&t and/or apple have figured out how to throttle the connection by being able to tell what sort of access point it is connected to.

I also know there is a patch for WebOS that un-throttles download speeds. Maybe that would help? With Apple's proprietary nature, the imagination can come up with all sorts of ways for them to stop you from connecting to/through methods they don't approve of...

Ever notice that you still can't tether your PC to an iPhone? They have no sense of humor, and don't want their customers to stray from what they consider appropriate use for Apple products...