Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So whats the deal here? Seems like everything about Palm Pre and all of Palm's other devices is bad news lately. Their VP of software services has jumped ship, constant rumors of buy outs and all this talk of Palm's failures with Pre and Pixi and WebOs. Why do I feel like any day now the company is going to go under and take my money with it? I know I should have went with one of the other 2 brands. Nothing but let down after let down with this phone.
    What were you expecting?
    No let down here...i love the phone. it's still the best phone out there for me. and they are still working on new HW and SW updates. If Palm actually goes under, I will be sad and have to look for another option...until then, I am supporting the company and the OS and hope they will find a way to succeed in the marketplace!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  4.    #4  
    I was once enthusiastic about the Pre too. But i'm rapidly losing faith in it, watching all the new an great things Android and Iphone are doing compared to Pre and Pixi. Everything is just not happening fast enough compared to Android and Iphone. Its always a little too late with palm it seems. I'll be going with one of the others in the near future anyways.
    by the time palm goes under, all of ur phones would have already passed their life expectancy date of 10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray333 View Post
    So whats the deal here? Seems like everything about Palm Pre and all of Palm's other devices is bad news lately. Their VP of software services has jumped ship, constant rumors of buy outs and all this talk of Palm's failures with Pre and Pixi and WebOs. Why do I feel like any day now the company is going to go under and take my money with it? I know I should have went with one of the other 2 brands. Nothing but let down after let down with this phone.
    No one knows, don't worry and don't lose sleep. Palm will be fine.

VP - who knows.. it's "known" that he voluntarily left, but, we don't even know that. Most management and higher positions are generally pushed out but it's always seen as the person who leaves the company. JR could have fired him for all we know.

There's no let downs. It's economic difficulties. Palm will be around for at least 1 more solid year by themselves
    Oh good lord. Take your money? The phone still works doesn't it? Will still work for the expected life of the device as well. How did they "take you money"?

I swear...it's just a phone. If you're not getting what you want out of it, replace it. Phones tend to go obsolete rather quickly anyways.
  8.    #8  
    Sorry for having an opinion there guys. Enjoy your phones.
    The doomcasting has been going on for quite a while now......
    You're free to have an opinion. You're not free to have it go unchallenged.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    What other two brands are you talking about? I wouldn't also act like they took your money. You made a choice to buy this product. If you thought the phone was terrible and a "let down after let down" than you could have returned it and got one of the "other brands." I'm not sure how Palm's future actually effects the quality of your present device but you can always switch up when your contract is over or pay to get out of the contract and get a different phone.
  12.    #12  
    Enough shredding me guys? Trying to provoke a big negative reaction? Not happenin'. Shred away. I will say nothing more.
    At the end of the day, it's just a phone.

Take your money? If you haven't noticed, we live in a monetary based - capitalistic society. That's what people do - they take your money.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Palm could go "belly up" and totally disappear and all we would miss are the software updates, new models and, possibly, new apps. The phone will still work and all of the apps you now have will still work. So, if you like the phone (like me), you are OK regardless of what happens to Palm. If you don't like it, as soon as your contract is up, get rid of it.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    @Ray333 ...it seems YOU were 'provoking a big negative reaction', not any others... you were the drama queen about how Palm has ruined your life and swindled you out of your life savings... it's cool though, i can appreciate that you feel you've been 'jipped'...

However, I appreciate even more that I've been able to experience the BEST and most effective, efficient, and even ahead-of-its-time mobile OS... Even IF Palm 'goes under' then I will still be able to use my Pre -because it still works AS-IS even without future updates...

Y'all have fun with whatever choices you make, but let's keep the Armageddon collapse of Palm to a minimal until THEY tell us whey they're doing -I prefer to keep on the positive side and let it ride out...
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    @Ray333 ...it seems YOU were 'provoking a big negative reaction', not any others... you were the drama queen about how Palm has ruined your life and swindled you out of your life savings... it's cool though, i can appreciate that you feel you've been 'jipped'...

However, I appreciate even more that I've been able to experience the BEST and most effective, efficient, and even ahead-of-its-time mobile OS... Even IF Palm 'goes under' then I will still be able to use my Pre -because it still works AS-IS even without future updates...

Y'all have fun with whatever choices you make, but let's keep the Armageddon collapse of Palm to a minimal until THEY tell us whey they're doing -I prefer to keep on the positive side and let it ride out...
    Agreed. I've gotten a better return on my investment in my Pre than any other gadget I've owned. If I stopped using it today, I'd already have gotten my money's worth, and then some.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Wow. I don't see anyone shredding you here at all. If you want to have a discussion you can. But is has to be a discussion. And that means someone might actually disagree with you.

If you want to complain about the phone, there is actually a thread for that.

Not quite sure what you're looking for.
    Personally knowing someone that works for Palm, I asked about these rumors that are running around and I was told it's just that right now, rumors.
    I don't really see any shredding here. You came in and basically posted "I made a wrong decision buying the pre, palm is not going to survive, and the world is about to end" I'm not exactly sure if you just expected everyone to agree with you or something, but the reaction really hasn't been all that harsh, *especially* compared to some of the reactions to people you can find here.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Palm isn't going anywhere...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast