Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My guess would be that this has a much larger battery. I'm also guessing that Palm fans aren't going to be too appreciative of the looks.

Last edited by UntidyGuy; 04/17/2010 at 09:31 PM.
    looks good to me
    I saw that and thought it was a prototype. It's too industrial looking for Apple. My guess is the final model will have a sleeker look. I'm interested in the internals also.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm going out on a limb and say that it's either a good fake or a removable battery iPhone hence the new back
  5.    #5  

If it's a fake then they faked the insides, also. No removable battery. Apple is likely going after longer battery life by maximizing the size of the battery.
    Last edited by UntidyGuy; 04/17/2010 at 10:00 PM.
    buttons too...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    buttons too...
    It has no more/less buttons than the current iPhone.
    the back looks like it comes right off like anyother phone with a removoable battery, I call fake it doesn't look applish.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The round volume(?) buttons don't seem to fit in with my idea of an apple product, i'm probably wrong though.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I saw that and thought it was a prototype. It's too industrial looking for Apple. My guess is the final model will have a sleeker look. I'm interested in the internals also.
    Finally someone being rational. It definitely leans more on being a prototype than a final. And personally, I could care less about about aesthetics, I'm more interested in features. Give me a front facing camera and better camera and I'm happy. (well, pending its on Sprint also. If not then I'm all EVO)
  11.    #11  
    And......it's a fake.

Update 2: It looks like this is nothing but a Japanese knock-off of some kind, according to Spanish mac site Applesfera. Thanks to commenters and tipsters for alerting us, also. We'd like to give a shout out to the chaps who were trying to sell hands-on time with this phone to publications -- apparently they shopped it to quite a few sites. $10,000 for hands-on with a KIRF? Glad we passed, and we hope everyone else did as well!
    I don't like it... too squared!
  13.    #13  
    And....it turns out to be real, as photographed at Apple, next to the iPad in February.

I don't know why the exterior matters at all anyway. We all pretty much have the general idea of what it's going to look like.
    Well the word is now that it has microSD support and a front facing camera. More or less it is going to go head to head with the EVO. Palm pretty much as a bench mark of what they need to compete with if and when they release a new device.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    MicroSD in an iPhone??? That'd be a miracle if true, LOL! Because Apple does not like external storage. They even refuse to put a simple card reader on the MacBooks, except the 17" I think.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/19/2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: I meant 17" lol.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    it's micro sim according to tipb and engadget.
    ah..my bad
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    MicroSIM only? This may make people go to AT&T to get a new SIM if they want to change phones, so AT&T can cram another contract on you perhaps? Thanks Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    MicroSIM only? This may make people go to AT&T to get a new SIM if they want to change phones, so AT&T can cram another contract on you perhaps? Thanks Apple.
    Uhmm. No. To get a new SIM is only like $10 or something small. However, most just give it to you for free.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast