Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE View Post

A new form of viral advertisement..
    I like that one +1
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I find it funny that someone "lost" this phone in a bar, and a gadget website got its hands on it so fast - then posted ONLY videos of the exterior. They played with it for a week and didn't want to turn it on for people???? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Good thing the drunk guy who found it was into the smartphone world and knew exactly what it was
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    I find it funny that someone "lost" this phone in a bar, and a gadget website got its hands on it so fast - then posted ONLY videos of the exterior. They played with it for a week and didn't want to turn it on for people???? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I read on one of the articles that Apple activated some kind of remote-kill switch to disable it. They can't leak the new hardware AND iphone OS 4 at the same time...
  5. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I wonder if this was leaked on purpose... I really wonder if the Apple fortress would have allowed a prototype to walk out of the building. And if so, I doubt "just" a software engineer would be the one get permission to carry one around. Smells like a planned leak to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    As much as I hate Apple's products, their advertising think tank will be as referenced in textbooks as their innovations in computer design aesthetics.
    Yes, they will. Although, at the same time, they'll also be used as the example of how not to let one's design aesthetic dictate one's functional design.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Don't take this personally, but I am going to merge this into the discussion from yesterday.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

looks like the standard iPhone with a rounded edge case on it. You can see it from the spacing between the device and what looks like a snap on backing that could be purchased from a kiosk in any mall. Either way; still not pocket friendly.
    also this is in the wrong forum.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yes, they will. Although, at the same time, they'll also be used as the example of how not to let one's design aesthetic dictate one's functional design.
    Hmmm... as much as I personally agree with that statement, I don't think its a widely agreed upon view.

If nothing else, this new phone shows that they are starting to tilt back to more functional (more buttons, removable battery). I think the Pre has the best combination of functionality and aesthetics of any phone on the market today (or to be released in the near future). But even that comes at a price of hit or miss build quality.
    I agree, this stunt was pulled just to spoil HTC incredible's launch.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I read on one of the articles that Apple activated some kind of remote-kill switch to disable it. They can't leak the new hardware AND iphone OS 4 at the same time...
    ahhhhhhh that makes sense. damn those guys are geniuses. prolly not 100% complete. it's going to be fun hunting down the next "lost" phone. i wonder when we should start looking. will they tell us? will there be daily clues to find it? oh i know, i bet there are clues in the iTampon, er iPad. boy all this is very exciting.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    .... and this is a Palm Pre Topic because......?
    It's a classic case of hypocrisy.

Topics like these are usually indicative of people who secretly wish the iPhone worked with their provider, and if it ever does/did, they are usually the first ones to jump on it.

Given the low probability of it [iphone coming to Sprint, in this case] ever materializing, such people resort to making fun of the device/company in an attempt to reinforce their faith and satisfaction in their device [ Pre, in this case]

I can almost guarantee that more than half of the Pre community members [ and not just Sprint, but VZW too] would, at the very least, buy to try the iPhone [if not switch for good] if it ever wandered into Sprintville [ which would be ridiculous, to begin with, and simply highlight Apple's last ditch and desperate attempt to save the iPhone in an extreme case scenario ]

Before some amateur claims me to be a troll or Apple sheep, I'd like to say I'm neither, and as a matter of fact, am a Symbian [N95-4 and E71-2] Fan-boy [at least use to be] if I ever should be one!! However, I really do like the Pre and iPhone 3GS, and own one of each!
    Last edited by M5Rahul; 04/20/2010 at 01:14 PM.
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7
    They are demanding it back now... that is funny.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    I can almost guarantee that more than half of the Pre community members [ and not just Sprint, but VZW too] would, at the very least, buy to try the iPhone [if not switch for good] if it ever wandered into Sprintville [ which would be ridiculous, to begin with, and simply highlight Apple's last ditch and desperate attempt to save the iPhone in an extreme case scenario ]
    You're not saying anything crazy. Many people criticize, poke fun at, or hate products that they use so WHEN the iPhone comes to Sprint then many of the iPhone haters will still buy one and gripe about what's wrong with it.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing to gripe because there's lots to complain about on every platform. But in the end apps and productivity will win over silly ideas like "rooting for the underdog" or "believing in an unrealized product". We're consumers so we shouldn't care about which soulless corporation "wins", we should care about which product affects our life the best. And if a good Android, WinMo7 or iPhone is on Sprint then switching and complaining is just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    forgive me if i'm misunderstanding your point. I just read apple's blowout earnings and apparently they sold 8.7 Million iphones when it was expected theyd'd sell 7.1-7.5 million, and they had iphone sales are up 100% over last year they are saying. don't think they are that desperate if that was your point.

on a side note i think it's perfectly fair to criticize any phone if the flaws are legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    the proto-type actually looks like a downgrade hardware wise to the current model. visually, b/c thats all i can judge right now.
    More like a shocking turnaround in design strategy IMO. If the final phone looks like this, I'll be very surprised.

It looks way more solid and industrial than any other iPhone. And I thought I saw actual buttons on the side.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456