Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The aluminium sides and buttons remind me of the Palm lifedrive. I really need to figure out how to post images on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Uhmm. No. To get a new SIM is only like $10 or something small. However, most just give it to you for free.
    And when you do, they ask for your number. I know, I've been to AT&T to get a new SIM. If you have to ask for a new microSIM, they'll know you're requesting it to use with the new iPhone. And knowing the way AT&T tries to cram iPhone contracts and terms down your throat...

They tried it with me more than once, but I never renewed anything. You can get around any pushing for contracts currently, even if you get another iPhone, simply by switching the SIM. But microSIM being used only by the new iPhone would change the game. You cannot simply switch your SIM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrakhalid View Post
    The aluminium sides and buttons remind me of the Palm lifedrive. I really need to figure out how to post images on here.
    its shaping up to be a very nice phone... i was disappointed front face camera wasnt in the 3gs but looks to be reality here... hopefully I can video Skype with my daughter when she is in China.

and another rumor was the 8 megapixel camera was from sony and we see in os4 that there is 5x digital zoom and with noise reduction mic... hope this brings video recording and pics to a whole new level.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And when you do, they ask for your number. I know, I've been to AT&T to get a new SIM. If you have to ask for a new microSIM, they'll know you're requesting it to use with the new iPhone. And knowing the way AT&T tries to cram iPhone contracts and terms down your throat...

They tried it with me more than once, but I never renewed anything. You can get around any pushing for contracts currently, even if you get another iPhone, simply by switching the SIM. But microSIM being used only by the new iPhone would change the game. You cannot simply switch your SIM.
    Right, but they can't force you into a new contract. Just like you can go in-store and buy a new iPhone contract free. No difference. Trust me, you can purchase a new sim card (microSIM or not) contract free.
    They have to move your number to that SIM, remember? And if it's the iPhone, since they'll know once you buy the SIM, I can already see the writing on the wall.

I nearly got interrogated over buying screen protectors for the Backflip, LOL! Because that phone isn't on my account. AT&T corporate stores should be avoided at all costs IMO.

It would be nice if for the next iPhone, they would just move your number over no questions asked, but I'm not so sure.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    WHOA... WHAT TYPE OF SICK PHONE IS THAT? is that even a phone? palm needs to do that, go back to your roots!!

thank you mytether
    i mean really.. apple employee losses the "new iphone" at a bar and its one of the top headlines all over the world the today.

so obviously a pub stunt and it worked like a charm.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    i mean really.. apple employee losses the "new iphone" at a bar and its one of the top headlines all over the world the today.

My first thought as well.....
    Of course...funny part is, what if its not even a real iPhone? Or at least not even their next model.

Maybe its just a "buzz" created to keep all the sheep in line? You know Steve doesnt like it when the sheep start looking over the other side of the fence....gotta throw them a crumb here and there to keep them in place.
    the proto-type actually looks like a downgrade hardware wise to the current model. visually, b/c thats all i can judge right now.
    It's totally planted. HTC is pumping out some HQ stuff these days and Apple needed to give people a reason to wait until June. The funny thing is, folks over at TiPb are livid that Gizmodo would have the nerve to buy this thing and then post pics and videos. Calling them unprofessional and unethical. Yet, I wonder, how many of them surfed on over to Gizmodo to check it out.
    As much as I hate Apple's products, their advertising think tank will be as referenced in textbooks as their innovations in computer design aesthetics.
    I figure if no one looses their job it was planned.
    My guess is it was a carefully chosen yuppie bar, otherwise it likely would have gone unnoticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post

I was thinking the same exact thing. I bet the guy won't lose his job or anything...

A new form of viral advertisement..
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    It is "confirmed", the phone was a Palm Pre. In your face, Crapple!
    They finally managed to have a multitasking OS, wow.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Apparently an Apple Software Engineer named Gray Powell left his prototype next generation iPhone in a bar and a lucky finder sold the device to Gizmodo for $5,000. Check out the exclusive with pictures and video!

How Apple Lost the Next iPhone - Leak - Gizmodo
    Last edited by completethought; 04/20/2010 at 11:13 AM.
  19.    #99  
    Yeah, but there's a mail-in rebate for $4,800.00 so the net price is still $200. Still, the excess sales tax the buyer has to pay as well as the months one has to wait to get the rebate check back makes this a total rip-off.
    Last edited by UntidyGuy; 04/20/2010 at 10:51 AM.
    Too funny, thanks for sharing an Iphone comment. I normally don't care,
    but great for laughs.

Poor guy, if he is still employed, think he is cleaning toilets????????
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast