Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Well the word is now that it has microSD support and a front facing camera. More or less it is going to go head to head with the EVO. Palm pretty much as a bench mark of what they need to compete with if and when they release a new device.
    The only thing really Apple can do is try to compete features wise with the EV4 and even then their refusal to get on board with Adobe makes no sense to me.
    If Pre manufacturers are watching (and they are..looking around paranoid )
    then I'm guessing that every phone manufacturer is going to try to outdo the ev4 features wise.
    All this said, This is going to be the most exciting quarter phone buffs will have seen since probably iphone drop.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    MicroSD in an iPhone??? That'd be a miracle if true, LOL! Because Apple does not like external storage. They even refuse to put a simple card reader on the MacBooks, except the 27" I think.
    MacBooks have come with sd card reader for awhile now
    http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

Someone is in big doo doo....

Front Camera - ala the HTC EVO.

Also, as a side note.... it is not Sprint/Verizon compatible. Sim card...
    Last edited by pogeypre; 04/19/2010 at 11:23 AM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

...release plans? Or are features and design already set in stone for a summer Pre2 debut?

Gizmodo iPhone 4 exclusive:
    http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

~L
    lol... I win... by 1 minute.

I think it is funny how people are talking about how slick it looks.

To me it looks like a less slick version of the current iPhone.
    I really don't like Apple, but you gotta admit that looks pretty sweet. IF that is the iPhone 4g I would be tempted to switch. What do you guys think?
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Steve is prolly waterboarding the guy as we speak!!! Hang in there dude!!!
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Personally, I'm not sure I like the sharper edges.
    I like the smoother, rounded edges of the traditional iphone.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Personally, I'm not sure I like the sharper edges.
    I like the smoother, rounded edges of the traditional iphone.
    when i went from 2g to 3gs i said the same thing about the shape and losing the aluminum body but ended up finding the shape is perfect.

I love that they are going back to aluminum and the glass/ceramic back is perfect because it will not hinder the phones signal.

I guess the blocky shape also has to do with the battery being 17% bigger... but I imagine if they are looking to bring battery life up to iPad levels, it will be worth it. the specs sound great.
    I get the feeling that this leak was not an accident but instead was planned as a way to generate more buzz around the next iPhone that everyone knows will be coming in June.

Think about it. Apple "leaks" the next gen iPhone and publicly acts upset about it to keep with the secretive, locked down nature that we have come to expect from Apple while internally the company is happy because they were able to generate a lot a buzz for the product without doing anything. I mean those developers who received an iPad early had to sign non disclosure agreements and keep it tethered to a computer in a room with no windows. Do you really think someone at Apple would be so careless as to actually lose their next gen iPhone prototype at a bar (knowing how much trouble they would be in)?

Its a win/win situation for Apple. They don't release anything publicly but are still able to generate more hype and move the spotlight away from Android/EVO and put it back on the iPhone. It makes people reconsider jumping ship for an Android phone knowing that a new and "better" iPhone is on its way.

Of course if it wasn't leaked on purpose then we should be hearing about the untimely death of an Apple employee for unknown reasons here quite shortly.
    Call me a cynic...but they just happened to find an accidentally abandoned 4G iPhone in a bar? Then they gutted someone else's phone and posted it on the internet? Interesting.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by BearFace712 View Post
    I get the feeling that this leak was not an accident but instead was planned as a way to generate more buzz around the next iPhone that everyone knows will be coming in June.

Think about it. Apple "leaks" the next gen iPhone and publicly acts upset about it to keep with the secretive, locked down nature that we have come to expect from Apple while internally the company is happy because they were able to generate a lot a buzz for the product without doing anything. I mean those developers who received an iPad early had to sign non disclosure agreements and keep it tethered to a computer in a room with no windows. Do you really think someone at Apple would be so careless as to actually lose their next gen iPhone prototype at a bar (knowing how much trouble they would be in)?

Its a win/win situation for Apple. They don't release anything publicly but are still able to generate more hype and move the spotlight away from Android/EVO and put it back on the iPhone. It makes people reconsider jumping ship for an Android phone knowing that a new and "better" iPhone is on its way.

Of course if it wasn't leaked on purpose then we should be hearing about the untimely death of an Apple employee for unknown reasons here quite shortly.

I'm on the same page with you. I was typing my response and was distracted by someone who's trying to make me actually 'work' at work today so you got yours posted first.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    I find it interesting that Apple would use the remote kill switch on the phone. If is an intentional leak, I would imagine they would leave it be and see what press they can get from a fully functional iPhone 4g with 4.0 OS.

They have to save something to talk about at their keynote in June. They can't give it all away at once. The suspense and anticipation just add the the hype.
    Just call me Berd.
    Future AT&T Headlines: The iPhone 4G iChat is a game changer. In other news Palm just released a 1st Gen Pixi and Palm Pre on AT&T. Whoo hoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    MicroSD in an iPhone??? That'd be a miracle if true, LOL! Because Apple does not like external storage. They even refuse to put a simple card reader on the MacBooks, except the 27" I think.
    27" macbook?

I have the 17" macbookpro - no sd reader. You have to use a usb card reader. No big deal though.
    Just call me Berd.

that is a fake!! I believe this is the new IPHONE 4G
    CRoSSoVeR
    I actually think it's a hell of a sexy phone - I much prefer it to the current iPhone(s).

Seriously though... you could have made it a bit slimmer, Apple, you're back in slab territory.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast