1.    #1  
    so I'm on sprint, and I'm staying with them, my coverage and rate plan is simply unbeatable and I'm hardly getting any inside hook up, they just have a great plan for me.

I have the Palm Pre now, early adopter, got it the day it came out, and I'm only on my second one because the first one took a swim so I can't complain too much about the phone, it has it's issues here and there but so has every single phone I've owned, and sometimes... it's my fault

well with all the talks of Palm going under, and me just getting bored, if I had to switch I'd want an Android device if it came down to it.

So I'd want something on sprint, with a Qwerty and with touchscreen of course...

what are some suggestions or maybe something worth waiting for that might be out sometime in summer that would meet those needs?

again, no plans to leave my beloved palm yet, just curious what might be coming I guess if Palm goes under I can't expect they'll make follow up to the Pre
    Understand that this is not only directed at you. Please stop with the "Palm going under". All it does is cause further depression in the forum and the market. Palm is not going anywhere. They are hiring people everyday. And yes like any other corporation, staff and/or management leave or quit from time to time. How many jobs have you had? And yes, Palm could get taken over. But again they will still be there.

As far as a new phone. First the Pre and Pixi would be supported for sometime. So there should be no rush. There are going to be several new upper end phones hitting the market the 3rd & 4th qtr. this year so I would have to wait. However, if I had to make a move right now, I would go back to my 700wx or 650. Android OS is much to fractured for my liking. Lastly, most of what is on the market right now will not be there in 6 mos. Now waiting would allow us to see what new WebOS devices are out. There is little reason why we will not see a WebOS phone no matter what Palm status. We already know that Palm is bringing out 1-2 new models shortly and I would bank that we will see a new WebOS phone before Adobe gets of their **** and gives us Flash.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 04/19/2010 at 09:26 AM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    c40!... No seriously, if you're just looking for your next gadget toy then get an evo. Personally, I don't like android though. So I'm waiting for the next webOS device. Switching from a feature phone or a winmo phone, android would probably feel oh so slick and user friendly. But a bunch of my friends and family got android phones right about the same time I got my pre, and going from using webos to android is like switching from a ferrari to a lexus. I suppose it also makes me angry that all the builtins are ad supported. So, after you pay you $200 and sign a two year contract, your carrier, the phone maker, and google are all making a residual profit off of you through ads. Sorry, but when I shell out good money for a phone, I sure as **** expect it to not be plastered with ads. Those are for free stuff, like web sites and time-waster apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Understand that this is not only directed at you. Please stop with the "Palm going under". All it does is cause further depression in the forum and the market. Palm is not going anywhere. They are hiring people everyday. And yes like any other corporation, staff and/or management leave or quit from time to time. How many jobs have you had? And yes, Palm could get taken over. But again they will still be there.

As far as a new phone. First the Pre and Pixi would be supported for sometime. So there should be no rush. There are going to be several new upper end phones hitting the market the 3rd & 4th qtr. this year so I would have to wait. However, if I had to make a move right now, I would go back to my 700wx or 650. Android OS is much to fractured for my liking. Lastly, most of what is on the market right now will not be there in 6 mos. Now waiting would allow us to see what new WebOS devices are out. There is little reason why we will not see a WebOS phone no matter what Palm status. We already know that Palm is bringing out 1-2 new models shortly and I would bank that we will see a new WebOS phone before Adobe gets of their **** and gives us Flash.
    +1

I'm also very happy with my Pre. When it's time to replace it I'll check out what's available and make a decision at that time. So if you're truly happy with your Pre, what is the purpose of this post?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    +1

I'm also very happy with my Pre. When it's time to replace it I'll check out what's available and make a decision at that time. So if you're truly happy with your Pre, what is the purpose of this post?
    +1
    Could not have said it better. Oh wait, I didn't.
    Give me liberty & give me Palm.
    FREEDOM
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hey morelloX, my name is BJ DeHut and I represent Sprint online as their SprintCareGuide. First off, happy to read you are happily staying with Sprint. To answer your questions about Android phones with a great keyboard, check out the Samsung Moment. It has a very spacious keyboard and it is just all around an awesome phone. However, you also mentioned about being interested in soon to be released phones. In that case you’ll have to check out the HTV EVO (first 4G phone available), it is going to have some game changing features, you can see more here: Sprint - HTC EVO™ 4G
  7.    #7  
    hey ideally I want the next best webOS phone...I love the OS, and I've loved my Pre... but I want a new toy, it seems all the HTC/Android phones are almost what I'd want other wise... but no Qwerty... I hate TS Keyboards