Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I was at work today and was talking with my boss while he was playing a game on his iphone. As we were talking he wanted to show me a picture of the dog I sold him but he said, "wait till I finish my game so I can show you the picture." haha, really iphone users? It's like that for you? I'm sorry to hear that.

And then I let his son play super KO boxing on my Pre and while he was playing I got a call. I said. "hold on" and answered my phone via my bluetooth and like that 2 seconds later I was on the phone and he was playing a video game from the same device! Anybody who's never used a Pre before would never understand this.
    A little bit later the little boy (about 9 years old) looks at me and says "what kind of phone is that?" I said, "palm Pre." He said "huh?" I said "palm Pre".
    True multitasking is when more that 1 person can use your device at the same time. You rock webos!
    P.S.- I think this would make a great commercial but I just don't have the production or acting skills to make it possible. Would like to see someone make a video like this though.
    Last edited by double1; 04/18/2010 at 11:10 PM.
    The Pre isnt better than the Iphone. The Pre can mulit-task and handle notifications much better than the iphone....how many things does the iphone do better than the pre?
    I have an iphone now, and one of the most annoying things is not being able to change your bluetooth, wifi, or airplane mode settings with out exiting out and going in to the settings app. I like the idea of having all the settings for all my apps in one location, but the ability to do wifi/bluetooth/airplane mode from anywhere is amazing in my eyes lol... can't wait for the pre plus
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    The Pre isnt better than the Iphone. The Pre can mulit-task and handle notifications much better than the iphone....how many things does the iphone do better than the pre?
    i cant think of anything the iphoney can do better than my pre... and thats pretty sad seeing how they have been out much longer.. they would really like you over on their forum
    I get that a lot too (wow, what kind of phone is that?) when I am mutitasking with my Pre, pretty cool.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    how many things does the iphone do better than the pre?
    None that I can think of. What examples do you have?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    that really would be a very compelling commercial. Good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    None that I can think of. What examples do you have?
    If you can't think of any then it would be a pointless discussion to have with you.
    Other than a larger app cat. What is better about the iPhone?

I only need one reason the Pre is better.
    It's a Palm.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post

It's a Palm.
    see the post above this one. And i suspect this thread will devolve and get closed pretty soon. If you can't think of one thing the competition does better, there is a word for that.

It's a Palm.
    lol thats such ******-ism. I do like the pre better, the iphone is more snappy, but isn't that because the UI is graphically accelerated? So I mean after webos gets the extra bump from the GPU then I will say pre over iphone no doubt.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    here's one: the iphone syncs with itunes (apples bloatware) better
    see the post above this one. And i suspect this thread will devolve and get closed pretty soon. If you can't think of one thing the competition does better, there is a word for that.
    If you look at the time of your post and mine they are one min. apart. That is rounded to the last past min. So I guess when I entered my post at 12:38:01 est, I did not see your post from 12:37:59 est.
    With that said I guess I don't have to edit. The op said the Pre was better. You attempted to correct the op with a question. How about you post a short list of how the iPhone is better.
    Thanks in advance.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    vickMackey has never been the same since the pre took too long to get facebook up to par. Now all he is is a pre basher. Ignore button would be nice. He will always find something to complain about and hes never given credit to Palm about the Facebook fixes. By the way, I agree with the OP, my Iphone buddies love my true multitasking.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    here's one: the iphone syncs with itunes (apples bloatware) better
    The Pre syncs with music software too.

We want them!!!
    iphone has more apps (better and powerful ones, thx apis)
    iphone is much faster
    iphone has a simpler ui
    iphone doesn't lag and stutter
    iphone has better build quality
    iphone has glass screen
    iphone has many more accessory options.
    iphone has the best virtual keyboard

pre multi-tasks
    pre has touchstone
    pre is palm friendly
    pre has hardware keyboard

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    iphone has more apps (better and powerful ones, thx apis)
    iphone is much faster
    iphone has a simpler ui
    iphone doesn't lag and stutter
    iphone has better build quality
    iphone has glass screen
    iphone has many more accessory options.
    iphone has the best virtual keyboard

pre multi-tasks
    pre has touchstone
    pre is palm friendly
    pre has hardware keyboard
    That's the kind of post Vick should have made.

We want them!!!
    The Pre syncs with music software too.
    fwiw I was being sarcastic.. but yes I agree there are sync options for the pre.. i wont use itunes ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    fwiw I was being sarcastic.. but yes I agree there are sync options for the pre.. i wont use itunes ever.
    I know. Your fine.
    No mater what anyone comes up with, since WebOS is open source and new Palms will be coming, there may soon be nothing in software or hardware that any Apple phone will do better.

We want them!!!
    I'll show you why Apple > Palm. Screen shot 2010-04-18 at 10.16.14 PM.png
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast