Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    but I admit I'm bias towards the Pre.. If the iphone could multi-task & had an actual keypad, I would think about buying one (for someone else to use). Until then, it's not even an option for me to waste my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    The Pre isnt better than the Iphone. The Pre can mulit-task and handle notifications much better than the iphone....how many things does the iphone do better than the pre?
    ROFL the iphone doesnt do anything better than the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Uh, it sells better?
    Its faster? better selection of apps? better music player? etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Its faster? better selection of apps? better music player? etc...
    My 800MHz patch will contest to that. And you said what it DOES better. It has a better selection of apps but the apps that we both have arent better. Its music player isnt better. Not to mention its speaker isnt as loud.
    My 800MHz patch will contest to that. And you said what it DOES better. It has a better selection of apps but the apps that we both have arent better. Its music player isnt better. Not to mention its speaker isnt as loud.
    Even with the patch, iphone is still faster. And the iphone music player is leaps and bounds better than the pres.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Well, there's one place the iPhone OS absolutely kills WebOS right now...a fully functional set of APIs that allow developers to more fully leverage the hardware. I just wish I could get a simple guitar tuner app that used the mic to tune my guitars.

I know, I know..."It's coming this fall" But right now the set of APIs in iPhone OS kills WebOS. Doesn't really matter how long the OS's have been out, they're competing on the same turf.

--Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Even with the patch, iphone is still faster. And the iphone music player is leaps and bounds better than the pres.
    Well it certainly wasnt faster than my iPhone 3G I had in the past. The only thing I've seen faster than my Pre with the 800MHz patch is the nexus 1. And thats with froyo. And how the hell is the music player better? I dont see the difference. Unless you're the type that likes to adjust all the settings when default is their best.
    Wow...an 800 mhz ARM 8 Pre with double the RAM is as fast as a 400-oddmhz iPhone 3G.

Truly impressive.
    Well it certainly wasnt faster than my iPhone 3G I had in the past. The only thing I've seen faster than my Pre with the 800MHz patch is the nexus 1. And thats with froyo. And how the hell is the music player better? I dont see the difference. Unless you're the type that likes to adjust all the settings when default is their best.
    The iphone 3g has less ram then the pre and is still faster then the pre. And that is a fact. Just google speed test. And have you seen the iphone music interface. Its beautiful and is no where near as slow as the pres. And the iphone has gapless music playback. something the pre cant produce.
    Last edited by koolkid09; 05/31/2010 at 06:43 PM.
    I've been doing some reading on getting the Pre or iPhone.
    One thing that continues to come up is complaints about reception with the iPhone.

My Treo Pro gets fantastic reception, and were getting favorable posts about the Att Pre reception and call quality.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I just left ATT to go to Verizon. I had the iPhone 3GS and now have the Palm Pre Plus.

Both phones have their pluses and minuses It's silly to argue which is better since it all comes down to personal taste. They're both great phones. Unfortunately, the perfect phone doesn't exist yet so it's easy to point out faults with any system.

Here is my take. I've only had the Palm Pre Plus for about 5 days so I'm not yet an expert on it.

Email: I prefer the Palm. I have an Email account with Cox Cable. I was able to receive Emails form this account with the iPhone but not reply to them. With the Palm, I can.

Web Browsing: A virtual tie IMO.

Mulit-tasking: Palm for now. We'll see how iPhone 4.0 handles it. I like this feature more that I though I would.

Price: Palm Pre Plus - Got it for $20 with a two year contract.

User Interface: I think the iPhone is easier to use out of the box but it didn't take me long at all to get used to the Palm. This is a hard one to call so I'm calling it even.

Battery life: iPhone would last me all day long without having to plug it in. the Palm has to be plugged in at least once during thes day. It seems to take longer to charge as well.

Apps: iPhone has a better selection but I don't feel left out with the current Palm selection. Still, the edge goes to the iPhone.

Telephone: Palm gives me better quality calls. Not sure if it's the phone or the different providers. I am surprised the Palm doesn't have voice activated dialing. I can't legally make a phone call while driving since you have to be hand free in CA. For this reason, I give the edge to the iPhone.

Keyboard. I thought the tiny keyboard would be an issue for me but it's not. I do prefer the iPhone keyboard simply because it's easier to use when in landscape mode while browsing the web. I have no idea why Palm doesn't offer this. Edge goes to iPhone.

Both great phones and I'm happy with the Pre but I was also happy with the iPhone.

I'm excited to see what HP does with it. I hope they don't screw it up.
    But not by much, unfortunately. The iPhone 4.0 update is definitive in the summer. The iPhone will be better after that. I'm sorry but it's true. I have a Palm Pre but the truth can not hide.
    Have you seen how STUPID the "multi tasking" is on the 4.0 iPhone OS? Thats seriously got to be a ****ing joke. I'll never own another apple product as long as I live. And no I had a 3G for over a month and I've also had a G1 and a WinMo phone and my WebOS is by far my favorite phone yet. I sold my iPhone because after learning what it was really about any phone would be better.
    Why is it stupid, because its not webos card view?
    Have you seen how STUPID the "multi tasking" is on the 4.0 iPhone OS? Thats seriously got to be a ****ing joke.
    What do you think of "multi-tasking" (I believe what you really mean to say is task-switching since that's what cardview is) on Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, and Symbian phones? Your "expert" opinions are entertaining to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    The Pre isnt better than the Iphone. The Pre can mulit-task and handle notifications much better than the iphone....how many things does the iphone do better than the pre?
    music player, media consumption on the go, internet browser, hardware, screen responsiveness, consistency, reliability, better apps, more support, etc
    ^ And isilo

There isn't isilo for webos.

Also, no moving parts - No oreo, No usb door.
    Don't forget playing 3D games much more efficiently with much better load times, despite having the same processor and amount of RAM.

The Pre is much worse than iPhone 3GS at this, even if both devices are fresh off a restart with no programs running in the background.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I sold my iPhone because after learning what it was really about any phone would be better.
    Just curious, but what exactly is an iPhone "really about"?
    Yeah i don't nkow who is defending the Pre MP3 player. Its pretty bad...even with Music player remix.

Both Android and iPhones music player simply work better.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast