Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have been looking at both the nokia n900 and the Palm Pre
    Which one should i get and why?

lol two completely different beasts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    well could yo give me advantages and disadvantages of both cause i really cant decide
    Isn't that kinda a stupid question to be asking on a Palm/webOS forum?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    ...No
    I have asked maeomo forum already so have their opinion and need as much help as possible and are there any users that used both of these phones. If so which one you like best
    webOS is easier and more capable. You wi find many testimonials in this forum that are very specific.
    ...Yes
    It's a great question to ask at an impartial generic "all smartphones" forum, there you'd get lots of good impartial opinions. Here most will say "Palm rawks Nokia sux" and I'm gonna guess you'll get the opposite answer at the Nokia forum
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    ...Yes
    It's a great question to ask at an impartial generic "all smartphones" forum, there you'd get lots of good impartial opinions. Here most will say "Palm rawks Nokia sux" and I'm gonna guess you'll get the opposite answer at the Nokia forum
    Like what website should i put it on then?
    Well, I'm not trying to be biased or anything, but, Palm rawks Nokia sux.

Ok maybe not, I don't know much about the N900 except for what I've seen in youtube videos, and from what I can tell, it looks pretty cool. On the Pre side though, I can tell you its an amazing phone, with a great homebrew community.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    WebOS is very easy to use, and is one of the better OS's out today.
    The hardware is hit or miss. Some hate how its small and the display is kind of small.
    However, it has pretty good resolution and the screen has gotten pretty good reviews. It is bright, crisp, and colorful.

Since the phone is small, it is very easily pocketable. It's good because the small size, I realized, has become second nature to me. I don't even think of it as bulky or anything.
    I know the n900 is pretty big.

Browser wise, I know the n900 has a full fledged browser, but the Pre's browser is very good too. If you're into heavy browsing with flash, I would probably say the n900.
    However, Palm's browser is pretty good. I don't have problems with it.

With such a great backing on this website, you'll be able to find and use 800mhz patch, CPUscaling, patches, and other homebrew to make your phone smooth running, long living, and customizable.

Otherwise, the multi-tasking on the Pre brings your device to a whole new level of usage. You will be surprised when you get the PRe and realize what you've been missing. It's so easy to do two things at once because of the card metaphor.
    You'll also wonder how you lived with a phone without gestures. Swiping is the new way of navigating a phone.

Also, it's worth noting what Pre you plan to get. The original Pre or the Pre Plus?
    If you get the Pre+, then it's fine. But if you're getting a Pre, then you might want to wait and see if a new one is coming out on Sprint or anything.
    I haven't used the n900, but I have used the n800. Maemo isn't nearly as consumer-friendly as webOS.

It's got much more of a focus towards techie users. It's very powerful, and can do stuff that the Pre / Plus can't yet do. However, it's got a more complicated user-interface that I personally wouldn't want on a phone.
    I have an N810 and as far as geek and coolness factor goes its still awesome, useibility wise its horrible (currently serving as an alarm clock). You either need to be VERY willing to learn some Linux code or already know it. Web OS is much more user friendly then my n810 will ever be.

The other thing to consider is once Nokia finishes with a product its over, the meamo forums looked very lively when I got my n810 (only 14 months after it came out) but I quickly found that there was no new games or aps being developed for os2008, I can see the same thing happening with the n900-910 and so on.

dont drop the cash on an n900 only to find out what I did with my N810. If you want a cool linux gadget to play with go for it but dont expect it to be all its hyped up to be.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    resistive screen. HA!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    resistive screen. HA!
    thats what i was gonna say
    Quote Originally Posted by evankwh View Post
    I have been looking at both the nokia n900 and the Palm Pre
    Which one should i get and why?

Just get a pre with webos and be happy that you didn't bother with maemo
    were not biased here at all...........snicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    were not biased here at all...........snicker.
    It's precentral not impartial-central