Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With the unveiling of the new HTC Droid Incredible, and a slew of new Sprint phones coming this summer all running Andriod I can't help but notice its really taking off!

My GF (i tried to sway her towards a Pre I swear) got the Moment a couple days ago and while I can't say its a perfect device (the Pre def has the edge on notifications and def multitasking card display) The shear number of great Apps on the Andriod Market, the Visual Voicemail and the overall slickness of the device make it a nice addition to our gadget obsession!

I want to absolutely go nuts over the Evo but i just cant see myself not having a physical keypad/keyboard (one of the reasons why i hated the original HTC touch) now if the Galaxy S Pro comes to Sprint (the galaxy S plus a slide out keyboard speculated) I might have to jump ship, the new stuff is just to new and even though i love my Pre and how easy it is to do things on it, i might not be able to contain myself come summer

It also doesn't help once your a premier member you get your upgrade every year lol
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have noticed that too. I'm thinking that a lot of the WM users are switching since WM7 isn't out til the end of the year and 6.5 is dying. Plus a lot of them don't like the multitasking or lack there of on WP7....and some people are losing faith in palm...all i want for palm is new hardware, the os is the best, but I will probably switch to the EVO anyways, until palm comes back
    Well, Android will be picking up market share due to the sheer number and variety of devices running it. It's got the benefit of being free, customizable, and powerful so lots of handset manufacturers will start using it. Apple keeps its tight rein over its products and relies on tight integration between hardware and OS to maintain the level of experience their customers expect. On the flip side, Android can run on anything and be tweaked to run on any modern hardware. WebOS is stuck in between...it isn't licensed so you don't have the hardware choice of Android but it's nowhere near as well integrated with great hardware and GPU optimization etc. It will be hard for them to stick to this kind of control over hardware unless they can really up the quality of handsets. I wish them the best but 2010 is gonna be Android/Evo for me. Maybe next year's upgrade can go back to Palm.
    Well put, guys. I agree, I'm gonna spend my tokens on the EVO ride and cheer from the bleachers for palm to have a better year.

detroitkruk
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah...

I might go to the HTC Evo if Palm doesn't announce something soon.
  6.    #6  
    Dam guess I was in the dark seems the Galaxy S is heading to AT&T, which leavea the Galaxy S Pro for others to fight for hopefully Sprint, but either way its all Evo for Sprint, looks like another summer waiting on day 1 For a new hot device just like I did with the Pre
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I just replaced my pre with a moment about a week ago. Picked a used one up so I could get used to android and then pick up the EVO when it is released. I installed a leaked version of Android 2.1 onto the moment and have to say I'm pretty impressed. If one likes to tinker, android has alot of options and appears the momentum of android is only picking up.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I just replaced my pre with a moment about a week ago. Picked a used one up so I could get used to android and then pick up the EVO when it is released. I installed a leaked version of Android 2.1 onto the moment and have to say I'm pretty impressed. If one likes to tinker, android has alot of options and appears the momentum of android is only picking up.
    uh oh...thats not good, I used to have a TP and TP2 and would put the Mighty rom on it and I was always checking for updates and reflashing my phone...I hope the EVO isn't the end of me again...like WM was...my wife will hate me...

that's definitely a good thing about palm is I don't have to do anything to it and rarely soft reset it...it just works...
  9.    #9  
    Lol I am guilty of using my gfs Moment which I am liking the more I use it, the one thing I am concerned about with the Evo is the lack of keyboard...if it wasn't for that I would already be on line lol
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I understand about the lack of keyboard, because i've always been that way too, but I have too many friends with the iphone that text just fine and with a 4.3in screen, I doubt I will have the problem I used to have with touchscreens; there used to not be enough room because the screens were so small...i think we'll be alright.
    It's true that a big screen helps with onscreen keyboards. Also the keys need to be big enough to register the right one and there should be auto-correction and suggestion. I have very little problems with onscreen keyboards if I have all 3 of these.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/15/2010 at 08:57 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12.    #12  
    Just read an article that says Google and Android are selling/activating phones at 60k a day or more than 22 million annually with over 38k apps and growing - they plan on fully integrating the software for good into there powerhouse company for the long haul -

Than I read the Iphone 2 4.0 is being confirmed for a June release lol, its gonna be an interesting June thats all I can say! Bring on the new technology! Not that I care about the iphone but there is gonna be a battle, Evo (sprint) vs. Iphone 2 vs Galaxy S (both on At&t) vs Driod Incredible (verizon) which launches end of April - which means prob the Galaxy S Pro might hit tmobile for competition purposes is what Im thinking
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    Well put, guys. I agree, I'm gonna spend my tokens on the EVO ride and cheer from the bleachers for palm to have a better year.

detroitkruk
    This is essentially my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Just read an article that says Google and Android are selling/activating phones at 60k a day or more than 22 million annually with over 38k apps and growing - they plan on fully integrating the software for good into there powerhouse company for the long haul -

Than I read the Iphone 2 4.0 is being confirmed for a June release lol, its gonna be an interesting June thats all I can say! Bring on the new technology! Not that I care about the iphone but there is gonna be a battle, Evo (sprint) vs. Iphone 2 vs Galaxy S (both on At&t) vs Driod Incredible (verizon) which launches end of April - which means prob the Galaxy S Pro might hit tmobile for competition purposes is what Im thinking
    Don't forget that T-mobile will likely be getting the Galaxy S too. Apple is going to be in a tough spot soon. They have to hope that iTunes holds people attached to their devices.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  14.    #14  
    Yeah just saw something today that said Tmobile is most likely going to be getting the Galaxy now too in conjuction with AT&T ... Has anyone seen the so called Galaxy S Pro, that thing with its keyboard would def give the EVO a run (only if it landed on Sprint though and if it actually will exsist)

The more I watch vids of the EVO the more I am falling for it (yes its partly due to the fact that i have an obession with the newest and greatest) but cmon it looks freaking crazy, and correct me if i am wrong if the Pre was speculated with all those features last summer we would have been on here saying the same thing about that so i guess i maybe in line again this coming june, the price is the real deterant, i think it might be up there being the first 4g-er and would be really suprised if it was below $299
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I made a thread about android taking over a long time a go.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I made a thread about android taking over a long time a go.
    Nice contribution .....
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I'm interested in the Galaxy S and Pro too, but does Samsung have an option to return to the default menu? I'm not sure I want their colorful icons all the time.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Web OS is great but like they said "Life Moves Fast, Don't Miss A Thing"
    Palm needs a faster device quickly because HTC and Andriod is taking over!
    I don't know, I have only noticed that Android is taking over PreCentral...

I come here for webOS news and see that 70% of the "today's posts" list are about the hTC EVO.
    that's because the HTC Evo is the newest device (latest & greatest). Android to me is a step backwards. WebOS has me spolied. I hope Palm unveils something new soon (summer).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast