Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Maybe you broke your Pre. I have never gotten a "too many card" error from the Web browser. I hardly get that error at all.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I've never had a "too many cards" error.
    i get it on my pixi at least once a day but i do have like 8 cards open hehe

if pre wasnt a slider id be all over itnext pre or whatever should be pixi like or hero ish

id love a hero with webos!!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Maybe you broke your Pre. I have never gotten a "too many card" error from the Web browser. I hardly get that error at all.
    Palm broke it, not me.

I just got one yesterday for having two web browser windows open and then, heaven forbid, trying to open Twee.
    was it updating your email sync in the background at the same time? that seems to be the only time when i get it. either way it multitasks better than my netbook.... now if i only had doc editing and flash.

went to walmart the other day and was bored and tried on some glasses and accidentally tried on a set of reading glasses lol the screen was huge! $4 for a massive screen webos phone is awesome lol

i would like a faster cpu, more ram and a bigger screen, but nothing bigger than 4''. if the next device does have a keyboard i want a portrait, or just a toushscreen and bluetooth support for one of my choice. (portrait or landscape) diversity would help the product line.
    Palm prē-ist.
    The funny thing about these "I want <insert feature here> right now or else ..." threads (I call them Veruca Salt threads), is that I expect to see the same people in some other forum in about 2 months making a similar threat . FWIW, you should read this thread before you jump:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-i-regret.html

There is no "perfect" smart phone at the moment ... they all have their warts (Pre included). In fact, I think that's one of the things that's so frustrating about Palm ... there's a huge opportunity here to just blow people away and they haven't managed it. As much as I like some things about Rubinstein, I have to agree he's made a lot of mistakes. All I can say is, it must be a whole lot harder and take a lot more time than we all think to make a *great* smart phone (and I'm even a software developer, so I think I have pretty realistic expectations).
    I agree with some of you. Android has better marketing, not a better phone. My buddy loves his android, but he is jealous of the things the Pre can do. We all know the simple things are gonna be on the phone soon enough. Just like the video camera, we are gonna rave about it, then it's not gonna be a big deal because...tadah!...every other smartphone has it. The Pre is not any other smartphone. Palm needed to create the things the other phones can't do. They are working on the things that really aren't all that important to the mission. Voice activated dialing I know most people use every once in a while while you are thing about it. The Bar Code issue, most people don't even know a phone can do that, and the web browser even with its mishaps is far better than most. If you want a slower browser, then make the switch. I get the to many cards open when I have 4 or 5 cards open with my web browser. That's not even normal or a desktop. But, just as I'v seen many other posts before, they come running back when they see the hype of Android is no more than great marketing.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    The funny thing about these "I want <insert feature here> right now or else ..." threads (I call them Veruca Salt threads), is that I expect to see the same people in some other forum in about 2 months making a similar threat . FWIW, you should read this thread before you jump:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-i-regret.html

There is no "perfect" smart phone at the moment ... they all have their warts (Pre included). In fact, I think that's one of the things that's so frustrating about Palm ... there's a huge opportunity here to just blow people away and they haven't managed it. As much as I like some things about Rubinstein, I have to agree he's made a lot of mistakes. All I can say is, it must be a whole lot harder and take a lot more time than we all think to make a *great* smart phone (and I'm even a software developer, so I think I have pretty realistic expectations).
    Hmmm... the HD2 is a poor example - no way I could be convinced to make THAT particular switch.

The chief complaint of the originator, need voice dialing, does NOT fall in the category "things I want or else" - it falls in the category of "I cannot believe PALM hasn't fixed this basic functionality any reasonable human being wants yet".

*LOVE* WebOS - not happy about lack of voice dial functionality which I thought had become a form of industry standard over these past 7-8 years.
    some of the replay's in this thread has me LMAO
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    some of the replay's in this thread has me LMAO
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by elcartel View Post
    I don't get the whole voice-dialing thing and why so many people want it.

My three things are
    1)Better hardware - Faster CPU & maybe a Bigger Screen
    2)Diff Form Factor - Pixi like
    3)Happy Me
    This might be partly because many areas have laws against direct phone usage in vehicles. You can get ticketed for having the phone up to your ear. Although around here, it's not enforced but other areas could be different.

BTW, did someone say the Android browser is slow? Try Dolphin and Opera Mini 5 on Android, they aren't bad.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/10/2010 at 05:15 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    3 things that will keep me from jumping to Android:

1) Clunky OS/UI, cannot beat webOS, best OS/UI in the industry.

2) No physical keyboard, sorry, I hate VK.

3) No touchstone charger, got one at home and in my car, best idea to come along in a long time.
    i pretty much agree with sweat, i will actually be making a switch from the palm very soon. ive used the htc hero before i came to palm and find the hero to be ten times more useful with alot more useful applications. shopsaavy is something that has saved me a great deal of money during the time that i was using it (probably enough to pay for the price of the phone) voice dialing makes it 10 times easier to keep from veering off the road when you have to make that important call to your employer to let them not your running late. though the operating system is amazingly well put together, its lack of features is what has me switching to android. dont get me wrong, i have nothing against palm themselves, i beleive theyre doing all that they can do to stay afloat and i wish them the best....it just sucks that i wont be one of the customers helping them do that. if they manage to come up with a better features on better hardware id deffinately consider them in the future (if theyre still in business) but as of now, I along with thousands if not millions of other current and potential buyer dont have the time to sit around and wait on a companys hopes and dreams......Life moves fast, i cant afford to miss a thing!
    I would go for the new iPhone HD if it came to Sprint. However gestures and cards will be a very hard feature for me to leave if ever. Android is WinMo upgraded in my eyes so that wouldn't do it for me, others most definitely.

If Palm just got off their high horse and talked to HTC we wouldn't even see posts like this. I feel like Jon Rub is trying to prove something to Steve Jobs, prove that he can do this all on his own without help. If this is the case he needs to step down and bring in a more forward thinking individual.
    I think we can all agree that Jon really didn't cover his bases with this one. I would figure that a smartphone company would have a list of things that are standard to a smartphone and then have a list of things they thought would blow the competition out the water. I think Jon was swinging for the fences, but pulled his head during his swing. I'd actually like to know how they came up with the Palm Pre? Where did the idea come from and how long did it take them to put it all together?
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    The primary features I like about the Pre, outside of the keypad, is the syncing of contacts and appointments. But, and this a huge but, I run both through Google. So, having a Pre or an Android, really does not make any difference. If Palm would fix the other stuff, I would be tempted to stay with the Pre because of the keypad, but my patience with Palm will run out on June 6 when I'm eligible for the full rebate on a new phone.

Bluntly put, Palm's done nothing to earn my loyalty.

As far as Rub, if I were shareholder (and I'm not because of Palm's awful financials) I would be calling for his head. Mistake after mistake has happened under his watch. Furthermore, the time to shop the company was when the Pre was launched, not now when webOS phones aren't selling well and Apple just took away the main advantage of webOS - multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Android in my opinion is nothing to brag about, its just that its everywhere and you cant help to see it. the old cliche the more you see something the more you like it, and believe me I had a hero for a couple of months and if you hate the browser freezen, and other issues dont think that androids grass is greenier. If you are unhappy about your pre go get a android, if you cant wait and be patient with the grips you have thats the only option. I dont think anyone here is going to talk you into keeping your pre on behalf of palm. Either you llike your device or not either way we don't care as respectfull as I can say it.
    The Hero is overwhelmingly underpowered in comparison to other smartphones, given the terrible hardware I'm surprised it runs as well it does. Also, Android 2.1 vs Android 1.5 is night and day, even on the Hero.

Android 2.1 on a device like the Evo 4G will be ... phenomenal to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrguser View Post
    Sprint has ****ty Android phones IMO.
    And I'd say you're pretty wrong.

Samsung Moment is pretty sweet, as are the HTC Hero and other phones that are coming.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12