View Poll Results: What gadget should I buy for my birthday?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPad

5 38.46%
  • HTC EVO 4G

4 30.77%
  • Something else (explain in comments)

4 30.77%
  1.    #1  
    My birthday is coming up in late May. Last year, I bought myself the Palm Pre. Planning on buying myself another gadget this year. What should I buy?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  2.    #2  
    Just thought of another option: TiVo Premier
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Should wait till June/July to see if Palm has got something new to offer by then
    went and checked out an iPad last night. I gotta say, Apple almost nailed it. If it had a webcam it would be my next device.

OP: Wait for the EVO to come out to see it and hear real-world battery performance. Hopefully Pre2 will be announced by then to complicate your decision....but the iPad is really tempting. If the iPad had a webcam and HD-out...it would be a no-brainer IMO.
    I'm waiting for the HP Slate, IMO Apple missed some key things that the Slate has. I am also waiting to see what the next offering from Palm will be.
    I would also see what the Gemini tablet will bring to the table. That thing looks sick!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I'm waiting for the HP Slate, IMO Apple missed some key things that the Slate has. I am also waiting to see what the next offering from Palm will be.
    My wife bought an iPad yesterday and had the opportunity to play with it. Definitely a super-slick device. However, there are some major drawbacks for me thus far after using it:

• No 2-way wireless sync for Google Calendar/iCal. You are still married to tethering to your computer...webOS users are definitely spoiled here...and maybe Andriod-ers
    • Similarly, you are married to iTunes.
    • No Flash. I thought that it would matter but it's a BIG oversight. Face it, this is a liesure browsing device. Too many sites still use/rely on Flash...thus it defeats may potential use-cases for such a device.

So...Palm, please partner with someone to make a webOS tablet with flash. You could make a killing if released in the next few months.