Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    A couple friends have the developer release of the iPhone OS 4.0. One annoying thing that they've found is that when syncing the calendar with Exchange, it is prompting them to accept or reject every meeting in their Exchange calendar. One guy wasn't very happy with my "the meetings just show up on my Pre" comment.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    A couple friends have the developer release of the iPhone OS 4.0. One annoying thing that they've found is that when syncing the calendar with Exchange, it is prompting them to accept or reject every meeting in their Exchange calendar. One guy wasn't very happy with my "the meetings just show up on my Pre" comment.
    Two words

Developer release
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Still waiting to see true multi-tasking where apps run in the background and not just pause with only one program running at a time.
    Anyone know if WebOS is true multitasking? I only ask because when I have my clock app open, it doesn't update the time until it is pulled into the foreground.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Two words

Developer release
    One of them thought it had to do with how they were changing the calendar app and it wasn't just that it was the beta version of the OS. If that is the case, I'm sure it would make a lot of people cranky.
    I read somewhere that webOS also runs a certain number of services in the background that are used by apps instead of running all the full apps in the back, but I'm not a developer so I can't answer in more detail.
    You have to think that webOS was initially designed to run webapps so it's probably much easier to keep a bunch of cards open since they are just fancy webpages. Palm woke up to reality with the new PDK but it's was probably too late for the platform. The PDK was only bringing last year's iphone games to the platform and it is still a lacking option, for example, no microphone or camera api. You can't really compete today without a very good and complete sdk.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234