Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    good looking out!
    as much as i like to tout the superiority of the Pre compared to the iPhone,the gap is getting much much smaller with this new release, i mean; they copy-paste better than us, much much more apps, they implemented universal search, and now they have multitasking.... doesnt matter who does it better, if it can run multiple apps or services at the same time, we dont have the advantage anymore no matter how much better webOS does it. Its the same end result that matters to consumers... If Palm doesnt deliver new hardware up to specs with the competition by this summer, a big chunk of Palm's little number of consumers will switch to the EVO 4G and the other half to the iPhone 4th gen. sadly.....

i need AT LEAST an announcement PALM, please!!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  3.    #63  
    The defination of multitasking is... Is to be able to do more than one or two task at the the same time. So go check your dictionary for the answer that you seem to be looking for,and I assure you the only answer you'll see is....Palm Pre.
    guys really tho. regarding this subject, who cares really? its a phone. why does there have to be a "better one". some ppl might like apples way and some ppl might like webos's way....who really cares if the iphone multitasks or not. ppl get the phone because they like the way it works. ppl get the pre because they like the way it works. enough with this stupid "well cards are the best end all way to multitask!" we are acting just like apple ******* except with palm webos. its pretty sad really.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    The defination of multitasking is... Is to be able to do more than one or two task at the the same time. So go check your dictionary for the answer that you seem to be looking for,and I assure you the only answer you'll see is....Palm Pre.
    Please stop posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    guys really tho. regarding this subject, who cares really? its a phone. why does there have to be a "better one". some ppl might like apples way and some ppl might like webos's way....who really cares if the iphone multitasks or not. ppl get the phone because they like the way it works. ppl get the pre because they like the way it works. enough with this stupid "well cards are the best end all way to multitask!" we are acting just like apple ******* except with palm webos. its pretty sad really.
    i seriously have to agree with cnote, what does it really matter. we are the lil boys in the park saying "mine does it better" and hell normally those are the ones that get their ask kick next to the swings. and cnote is right in the end both phones multitask, sure it does present differently but in the end it multitasks. you can go on and ***** on apple for doing it poorly, but in the end apple and other people dont care they have their own way to multitask.
    funny thing is I use to and still do say that OSX and linux as a OS for everyday use is stupid. I'd say windows was better because it has more apps, better compatibility, more games, more accesseries, more powerful etc. So I ask myself why do I want a pre still? And the only answer I can give is the vertical hardware keyboard. I not a big software user. but there are a few apps that i need. biblereader, (free or onetime pay) gps nav software, kinoma and slingplayer. On the pre I can only get half of one. The old version of biblereader (not biblereader4) running in classic. Im starting to forget all the reasons that I wanted the pre. Palm hurry up and release the dang thing on att or my NEXus phONE will be something else.
    Last edited by treogangsta; 04/10/2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treogangsta View Post
    funny thing is I use to and still do say that OSX and linux as a OS for everyday use is stupid. I'd say windows was better because it has more apps, better compatibility, more games, more accesseries, more powerful etc. So I ask myself why do I want a pre still? And the only answer I can give is the vertical hardware keyboard. I not a big software user. but there are a few apps that i need. biblereader, (free or onetime pay) gps nav software, kinoma and slingplayer. On the pre I can only get half of one. The old version of biblereader (not biblereader4) running in classic. Im starting to forget all the reasons that I wanted the pre. Palm hurry up and release the dang thing on att or my NEXus phONE will be something else.
    Wrong forum thread......this particular thread is dealing with multitasking. Your post is a blatant attempt at starting a flame war between MS and Apple.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    +1 you make so much sense on this one, each phone has it's on way of multitasking so stop crying over it...

Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    WEBOS has nothing to fear
    Until Apple starts advertising the new features of iPhone OS 4.0, then WebOS has a lot to fear.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Ha! You provide a near-verbatim quote of what Lord Jobs said on stage yesterday and call that "research".
    Go back and reread my post. I was not saying that my comment was 'research', I was aiming that one directly at you.....your statement is a simple assertion, and clearly is not researched.

Maybe because I'm not as intelligent (did I spell that right) as you.
    Well you proved that by your inability to actually read postings correctly.

What they did was add an icon dock to the bottom of the screen and then held a press conference. My grandma could've wrote that code.
    Again you are making an assertion, and to top it off...... you're completely wrong..... there is way more to Apple's multitasking system than the addition of a simple icon dock at the bottom of the screen. I'll let you go research the systems that Apple has deployed....(you clearly need the practice)

Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full.
    Oooohhhh a witty rejoinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnoy View Post
    Go back and reread my post. I was not saying that my comment was 'research', I was aiming that one directly at you.....your statement is a simple assertion, and clearly is not researched.

Well you proved that by your inability to actually read postings correctly.

Again you are making an assertion, and to top it off...... you're completely wrong..... there is way more to Apple's multitasking system than the addition of a simple icon dock at the bottom of the screen. I'll let you go research the systems that Apple has deployed....(you clearly need the practice)

Oooohhhh a witty rejoinder.
    I ain't gotta re-read nothin'. I know what you said, and so do you. The proper response at this point is "Oops".

And, for the record, hiding behind the internet telling people they're stupid is lame and immature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Until Apple starts advertising the new features of iPhone OS 4.0, then WebOS has a lot to fear.
    What's advertising?
    I ain't gotta re-read nothin'. I know what you said, and so do you. The proper response at this point is "Oops".
    Your original statement was "...But, once again, they did the least they could possibly do to keep the sheep from wandering off the farm....", to which I replied rather sarcastically that it was 'well researched'. At no time did I state that any comment that I had made was researched, which you apparently think I did. (hence my comment about you rereading my post)

And, for the record, hiding behind the internet telling people they're stupid is lame and immature.
    1) Find the spot where I called you 'stupid' (you can't, because I didn't), you did however admit that you probably weren't as intelligent....I was simply agreeing.

2) Hiding behind the internet?? What do you think you are doing when you are making derogatory comments about Steve Jobs / Apple while using a pseudonym?

If you are going to make statements about another person or company, on a forum which is more or less technical in nature, you should ensure that you are making accurate statements....yours haven't been at all. (and if I was on an Apple forum and someone made inaccurate statements about the Pre I would call them to task as well)
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Please stop posting.
    when you stop reading!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnoy View Post
    Your original statement was "...But, once again, they did the least they could possibly do to keep the sheep from wandering off the farm....", to which I replied rather sarcastically that it was 'well researched'. At no time did I state that any comment that I had made was researched, which you apparently think I did. (hence my comment about you rereading my post)

1) Find the spot where I called you 'stupid' (you can't, because I didn't), you did however admit that you probably weren't as intelligent....I was simply agreeing.

2) Hiding behind the internet?? What do you think you are doing when you are making derogatory comments about Steve Jobs / Apple while using a pseudonym?

If you are going to make statements about another person or company, on a forum which is more or less technical in nature, you should ensure that you are making accurate statements....yours haven't been at all. (and if I was on an Apple forum and someone made inaccurate statements about the Pre I would call them to task as well)
    You can either reach up and PULL your foot out of your mouth, or you can try to talk it out. I don't recommend the latter.
    You can either reach up and PULL your foot out of your mouth, or you can try to talk it out. I don't recommend the latter.
    Dude has a point, though. You're acting like you understand how iPhone multitasking works when you really don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Dude has a point, though. You're acting like you understand how iPhone multitasking works when you really don't.
    You don't have any idea what I know. For all you know, I AM Steve Jobs.

I expected more and didn't get it. If you're happy with it, that's your business.
    I guess the iPhone implementation is alright. Will they get facebook notifications while in a browser session, switch to pandora to change stations, while another app is maintaining a persistent network connection to an IRC channel that hasn't been checked in a while?
    You don't have any idea what I know. For all you know, I AM Steve Jobs.

I expected more and didn't get it. If you're happy with it, that's your business.
    Well, this is what you've stated in this thread:

I notice nowadays, since Apple has dropped the idea of being creative (it's the app developers doing all innovative the work) and is instead just figuring out different ways they can put the least amount of effort into getting the most cash in their pocket, seems like all that elegance doesn't matter anymore.

Sure, it's running more than one process at a time, and the little icons are an improvement over the old way of switching apps, but it ain't elegant. They should have just bit the bullet and copied Palm.
    What they did was add an icon dock to the bottom of the screen and then held a press conference.
    Which isn't the case at all. So as far as I can tell, you either don't know how multitasking works in iPhone OS 4.0 or you're trolling. Which is it?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast