Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    we can opened up to fifty cards and proved it, and they can do only seven. If i had an iphone i would have something to say about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    we can opened up to fifty cards and proved it, and they can do only seven.
    Jesus.

187 on my mother****ing brain.
    we can opened up to fifty cards and proved it, and they can do only seven. If i had an iphone i would have something to say about that.
    Here Here!!!

I am ashamed of the way Apple users are (smug) and me being an Apple fan know the iPhone is limited because of what Jobs says is right and wrong, and how Jobs does not allow the end user to 'do what they want' with the item they bought. Palm is good.. they allow homebrew, they allow patches, and they don't care.

Plus they are the only company to get true multitasking right, and to do it in an elegant way
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Jesus.

187 on my mother****ing brain.
    Bang, Bang
    This is sad, is palm doing so bad that we resort to fanboyism to make us feel good. who cares if its true multitaking are not, if the end result is the same that's all that matters. Palm looks better and drains the hell out of battery life and is a little sluggish. Apple's is plain jane and but is faster(maybe).

palm hurry up and bring the pre plus to at&t. my pre-o-meter is going down every second. I mean by the time it comes out I be a generation behind the other phones
    You can run an unlimited number of concurrent applications in the background on iPhone OS4. The number seven comes from the amount of background services applications are able to take advantage of. Please people, get your facts straight before you start spreading "rumors".

And that's not entirely true about only saving the state, like I mentioned above there are 7 services an application can take advantage of while being 'minimized'.

And the last time I checked, on WebOS when you minimize the browser and then return to it the page reloads - that's worse than JUST saving it's state.
    Quote Originally Posted by treogangsta View Post
    This is sad, is palm doing so bad that we resort to fanboyism to make us feel good. who cares if its true multitaking are not, if the end result is the same that's all that matters. Palm looks better and drains the hell out of battery life and is a little sluggish. Apple's is plain jane and but is faster(maybe).

palm hurry up and bring the pre plus to at&t. my pre-o-meter is going down every second. I mean by the time it comes out I be a generation behind the other phones
    This is the main kicker i see between phones. cool looking and sluggish? or less cool looking and 100% responsive with minimal lag. most ppl go the route of usefulness and least lag. (my gf played with my pre and the first thing she mentioned was how it is sluggish compared to her friends android phone.)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  8.    #28  
    all these problems with the pre's soon will be taken care of. When the iphone first release,it took two years to get a video recording..but no complain,but most find fault with a company that did theirs in a year time,and send out updates every month... Life move fast...dont miss a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    all these problems with the pre's soon will be taken care of. When the iphone first release,it took two years to get a video recording..but no complain,but most find fault with a company that did theirs in a year time,and send out updates every month... Life move fast...dont miss a thing.
    well the iphone could get away with not having those features cuz no other phone really had them....today ppl dont have to wait for features...they just buy a different phone. (i have a friend who went down the android path instead of webos cuz of the extra features - 1 lost customer for palm, 1 more pre sitting on the shelf)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  10.    #30  
    I have faith in palm...and just like chucky,palm I'll stick with you till the end!!
    Don't forget how long it took Apple to bring "Cut and Paste" to iPhone... before it was available the users were like 'who needs that crap' and after Apple brought it the users were like 'hellz yeah we can copy and paste' and that was 2 freakin years later!!!!! I'm sorry.. I love Apple and love the Mac platform but I would NOT put up with that crap. Unacceptable! It is a basic function, just like multitasking is a basic function of a smartphone. If it can't multitask than it is a feature/dumb phone
    I would bet all the money i made so far this year that those Pres that have no trouble opening 50 cards are not STOCK Pres...
    .... Overclocked and tweaked to death.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Yes nappy I have seen it. While it may be smooth as ice it's still cluncky in it UI interface. It's hard to describe but the manner in which you access the "running apps" and the way the screen resizes when the "task bar" appears just doesn't have the usual slickness and integrated look that we have come to expect from Apple - it appears almost "bolted on" to the OS rather than being fully integrated into every aspect the OS itself. The closest thing to it would be the Universal Search in iP-OS, amazing in functionality but accessibity isn't available easily from everywhere within the OS. Palm has a less functional U-S but can be accessed just by going to card view and typing, i.e. It's more integrated into the everyday use of WebOS.

Of course like with a lot of UI elements things fall into the subjective area.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You can run an unlimited number of concurrent applications in the background on iPhone OS4. The number seven comes from the amount of background services applications are able to take advantage of. Please people, get your facts straight before you start spreading "rumors".

And that's not entirely true about only saving the state, like I mentioned above there are 7 services an application can take advantage of while being 'minimized'.

And the last time I checked, on WebOS when you minimize the browser and then return to it the page reloads - that's worse than JUST saving it's state.
    Ya know, in the past, when I would say to friends of mine, who are part of The Collective, that I wouldn't buy any more Macs because they weren't functional for me (didn't run the software I needed them to), they would always respond how much more elegant the Mac OS was than Windows, and that was more important than functionality.

I notice nowadays, since Apple has dropped the idea of being creative (it's the app developers doing all innovative the work) and is instead just figuring out different ways they can put the least amount of effort into getting the most cash in their pocket, seems like all that elegance doesn't matter anymore.

Sure, it's running more than one process at a time, and the little icons are an improvement over the old way of switching apps, but it ain't elegant. They should have just bit the bullet and copied Palm.

But then again, the Collective won't care. If Steve says it's miraculous, it's miraculous.
  15.    #35  
    iphone has their way of multitasking,and so does palm. Which one does it better?? Do I really have to spell it out. Here is a clue! LIFE MOVE FAST DONT MISS A THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    iphone has their way of multitasking,and so does palm. Which one does it better?? Do I really have to spell it out. Here is a clue! LIFE MOVE FAST DONT MISS A THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    agreed...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Multitasking = phrase of the year for smartphones

Clearly there are two different types of multitasking. It doesn't even seem like they actually implemented multitasking. Apple just added a way to access apps through an app. Basically they got rid of the "go to home" portion of switching apps.

Of course, this all looks good in theory, but the real test of time is how it truly works out. I'm willing to bet a hefty deal that there will be plenty of bugs with this new system. Don't forget to add onto the fact that all apps for iPhone have to be rewritten for multitasking now which will further bug up the App Store.

What about different versions of apps for multitasking vs non-multitasking iPhones? I'm sure Apple has that handled, but it's something I've noticed now. The iPhone is actually become fragmented (somewhat).

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Clearly there are two different types of multitasking. It doesn't even seem like they actually implemented multitasking. Apple just added a way to access apps through an app. Basically they got rid of the "go to home" portion of switching apps.
    Seriously. This isn't just my normal disdain for Steve Jobs, I really thought Apple was going to do something special with 4.0 like they did when they finally got around to copy and paste. I thought it would have some really cool CoverFlow kind of interface going, and unobtrusive notifications, maybe some other really cool feature that nobody had been anticiapating. People have been making a big deal of the iPad not being able to properly multitask, and I just KNEW that 4.0 was going to be the OS to solve it.

But, once again, they did the least they could possibly do to keep the sheep from wandering off the farm.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Who cares besides nerds?
    WEBOS has nothing to fear
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast