1.    #1  
    so iphone 4.0 didnt bring anything new to the world of smart phones that the palm pre didnt have early other then apps being loaded with more and more ads. looks like iphone 4.0 is going to be an ad machine and jobs announces it as a good thing. I dont want to pay 70+ bucks a month to view ads on my $600 + smart phone.

whats your take?
    MatterOfFactJack
    i agree with most of what you said, but there is only one new feature that caught my eye...

FIFTEEN-HUNDRED new APIs... wish we could get an add on like that
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post
    i agree with most of what you said, but there is only one new feature that caught my eye...

I feel as though that might be due to their new notifications and multi tasking and was necessary to utilize those features in the new OS without the apis they ment nothing. Plus APIs for ads
    Last edited by jack87; 04/08/2010 at 02:00 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I feel as though that might be due to their new notifications and multi tasking and was necessary to utilize those features in the new OS without the apis they ment nothing. Plus APIs for ads
    you make a valid point... I guess we will have to wait to see it in action...

but in all honesty, the "new" features they drop on the iphone is never ground breaking...

"Good artists copy, but great artists steal" -Jobs
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post

It's all relative. We probably already have something similar to the 1,500 new API' at our disposal. Most of the new functionality in 4.0 is stuff we already have.
    yeah i wasn't that impressed with it. i can live with the ads but i came away underwhelmed so far. i'd consider one if it was on sprint but i wouldn't pay verizon or at&t prices. So far it's still the EVO for me but that's really mostly on hardware and some apps.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    The developers have been asking for this, and they are chomping at the bit to get rolling.

Not every app will have ad's, likely only free apps and the Dev's get a piece of the revenue.

Smart move all around.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Ads are annoying as hell and I avoid them like the plague, but if it keeps developers happy and attracts new one's then its a smart move. The only thing that truly differentiates smart phones now is the look and polish of the UI and the apps. Having a large number of developers is going to be more and more important now.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Funny... I see ad's in a few Pre apps, where's the cry of outrage!
    Well at least they're beating google to the punch with mobile ads. I guarantee those ads are going to make Apple a ton of money.

I can already imagine opening my weather app to look at the radar... only to have a full screen HTML 5 animation pop up for 3+ seconds annoying the cr@p out of me :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Funny... I see ad's in a few Pre apps, where's the cry of outrage!
    Pre has bigger faults then ads. But i don't think there's is outrage. every sensible person should already know, especially when google entered the phone OS game, that ads where part of the landscape. my only point is having an ad platform is in no way going to be a deciding factor as to wether i buy a phone. it's may help more apps but it's not a selling point. i'm not gonna go oh wow they added an ad platform. I would say oh wow they added multitaskng or an 8 megapixel camera with zoom. i"m a consumer. i'm not a developer or a salesmen so i just don't care about that aspect.