Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    An icon that says eBay is less recognizable than a minimized page of listings?

Really?
    A shot of an auction in card view in AuctionWatch is a better reminder to tell me what the hell was the last thing I was doing in AuctionWatch after replying to some tweets on tweed and commenting on facebook, instead of saying to myself "hey, wth was I doing on Ebay again?" And say I meant to research the item I was looking at, I can pop open a web browser without even having to bring AuctionWatch in focus.
    I just pulled over n my car to catch te announcement and check precentral (nothing on main page yet?)

first glance it sounds like apple is usning a App Carousell like we had wit DOS, withlimited interoperability (like OLE?)

but it stlll sounds pretty scary for palm.

couldn't read it alll, diid they mention flash?

can you tell that my prrree keyboarddd strggling with duuupes and mssed kys? Grrrr.
    I dont see how this changes anything currently..
    I dont see uses comparing a palm device to an apple device in a store and picking the iphone bc it has multitasking (albeit a poor implementation).
    I would assume there are other differentiators on why people would/wouldnt get an iphone.. keyboard..form factor.. over the air updates..synergy...touchstone charger....disgust of bloatware like itunes and the detest of apple in general... at some point there are only X # of apple fans left to buy the device that dont already own it..
    I really dont see this changing anything... the competition is on VZ..thats the market that palm needs imo..
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    where is this demo? Is there a video?

Let's not forget user error with apples new method of multitasking. You single tap when you meant to double tap, like on a mouse, close out an app when you wanted to keep it open. Still not as elegant as Palm. Keep working on it, apple.
    Sorry, no video yet. You may need to wait for a day or two to see it. For now, we can only rely on engadget or gizmodo. ^_^
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    How is this a drawback? I can only see a screen and half of either card to the left or right with WebOS. Even if you minimize the cards, only three appear onscreen. Then you have to scroll just like iPhone.
    You have a preview of what you've been doing while iPhone shows only icons. They could have made the dock go all the way to fill up with all open programs instead of scorlling. Would make much more sense don't you think?
    Yeah, but I have to agree with those who say that without unobtrusive notifications, the multitasking efficiency and appeal is reduced.

One step forward, one step back, Apple.
    Good luck getting an apple fan to admit it though. I, unfortunately, am surrounded by them here at work. *sigh*. In their eyes, apple UIs are amazing.
    So let's get this straight:

Steve Jobs:

‘We weren’t the first to this party but we’re going to be the best,”

Reality:

1. Double tap the home screen button
    2. Call up a limited 4 icon selection
    3. Tap Icon
    4. Open App

It maybe revolutionary for a closed system like the iphone but it's just not going to blow anyone away.

That sound you hear is pretty much a collective yawn from the smart-phone world today.
    multitasking really wasnt a huge thing but it will be nice... the demo of pandora using the new audio api was neat.

but this 4.0 is not just about multitasking... it really is a nice upgrade... more enterprise support, mail support, expanding their apps store and supporting social networking, etc.

i'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont think so....multitasking on the iphone is no different than android and i hate android so its no biggie
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    Palm should sue the balls off Apple, Patent infringement if I ever seen one. the app launcher even pops over the current app the same way
    Did the Patent that?
    I just have to say
    Bye Palm
    your were a company with good phones but i dont think you stand a chance anymore
    It's doesn't matter how much better Palm's multi tasking is...to most people it doesn't exist. And now apple will tout this because Palm failed to do so last year.....fail on palm
    The real question is what has Palm been up to in the last year? These features negate (somewhat) many of the strengths of webOS. They are really just catching up. There wasn't anything they presented today that's new or ground-breaking. Hopefully Palm has some really new features in 2.0 or they really are toast.
    iAds??? W T F???
    The only reason I really have to use my Pre for now is tethering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskooler81 View Post
    I just have to say
    Bye Palm
    your were a company with good phones but i dont think you stand a chance anymore
    oh ye of little faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont think so....multitasking on the iphone is no different than android and i hate android so its no biggie
    I may agree with the point but to the average user they won't get that. Apple's marketing department is going to do exactly what they did with copy and paste. Basically, act like they invented it and everyone is going to be in awe of multitasking. You really do have to commend their marketing department and deep pockets. It throws up some pretty impressive smoke screens that ultimately just sells more products.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    It's doesn't matter how much better Palm's multi tasking is...to most people it doesn't exist. And now apple will tout this because Palm failed to do so last year.....fail on palm
    Exactly. I loathe the day that I start seeing multitasking commercials just like those stupid copy and paste commercials.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm ditching my Pre!!! I can't imagine a smartphone that doesn't have iAds!
    Also, iAds is showing that their app ecosystem is way, way, way more interoperable than WebOS is. The way that developers can access so many other apps and APIs from within their own maps...it's impressive.
    like a mic api?

Quote Originally Posted by spot3981 View Post
    Hopefully Palm has some really new features in 2.0 or they really are toast.
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast