Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Huh, they're just showing the icon? That's stupid. This is pretty much the same as the multitasking UI for Android and a bunch of dumbphones. They could have gone with an Expose look, but this? WebOS wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    yeah, so it takes 3 taps to get to another app. It takes me one swipe.
    Assuming the app is immediately to the left or right of what you are working on, that is. Keep in mind, all Safari windows - just like Android - are within ONE app, not a separate card for every single Web site you visit.
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    That's fine. I don't care. This is most certainly relevant to the Pre and WebOS.

So, from the demo, it looks pretty nice. You double-tap the home button like we would single tap or swipe. Brings up a dock at the bottom with icons for all of your apps. More than four at a time. You can scroll through left or right. Tap what you need.

Also, games save exactly where you left off at.

Hopefully, they changed notifications.
    Only four on a screen.
    I'm sorry for saying so, but I absolutely hate Apple, the iPhone, the iPod, iTunes. It all drives me crazy. I wish people could open their mind and see other avenues to accomplish things. Most people just want to follow the herd though.
    Palm should sue the balls off Apple, Patent infringement if I ever seen one. the app launcher even pops over the current app the same way
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    no surprise... now we get to hear about how awesome multitasking is.. oh how i detest apple
    You wish Palm had the success the Apple has. You cannot deny that apple is outrageously more successful at R&D, planning and execution than palm ever was or will be.
    Iphone 4.0 OS multitasking is like windows 95 Alt+Tab. I want something more than icons and labels. Where is the live preview of apps that are running? Fail in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Huh, they're just showing the icon? That's stupid. This is pretty much the same as the multitasking UI for Android and a bunch of dumbphones. They could have gone with an Expose look, but this? WebOS wins.
    While live cards sound neat, you have to remember that 98 percent of the time, it's a static image, and sometimes it's a blank or greyed out one if it's a Web browser window.

This more than covers all non-browsing apps, and Safari has windows inside of the app because it only opens one instance.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    it looks like blackberry multitasking to me
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    If I even hear one person say that the iphone has revolutionized multitasking on a phone I will murder them on the spot.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    bro apple is showing multitasking as app icons on the bottom of the screen...how the hell is that multitasking...almost copying it from android except android has their icons on the middle of the screen...thats called fail to me...webOS wins
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

As expected. Not going to make me dump my Pre, though.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    Palm should sue the balls off Apple, Patent infringement if I ever seen one. the app launcher even pops over the current app the same way
    lol wut?

I wasnt aware Palm patented multi-tasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    Only four on a screen.
    How is this a drawback? I can only see a screen and half of either card to the left or right with WebOS. Even if you minimize the cards, only three appear onscreen. Then you have to scroll just like iPhone.
    I've got no problem with Apple announcing multitasking, it was pretty much expected.

The issue is their saying that they're "going to be the best," (implying that there's something even slightly new about their method) when they do exactly what Android does: hold a button and see recently used applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    You wish Palm had the success the Apple has. You cannot deny that apple is outrageously more successful at R&D, planning and execution than palm ever was or will be.
    success doesnt = best

apple (including itunes) is no longer innovating anything.. they implemented multitasking..big deal.. android and webos forced them to... the ipad? uhm.. there are much better options out there in slate/tablet forms... again not innovative..they havent innovated in years so R&D.. R&D for what? a large ipod touch? or to copy webos/android? I wouldnt call that success in R&D.. sales..yes but thats bc most americans imho are lazy sheep.
    While live cards sound neat, you have to remember that 98 percent of the time, it's a static image, and sometimes it's a blank or greyed out one if it's a Web browser window.
    While not live, I find the static image of the last shot of what I was working in to be more recognizable than an icon.
    palm stock we probably take a hit today and tomorrow and another after the 12th when microsoft drops.

palm is dying slowly. they better bring the noise or they're gonna fade a way
    That's fine. I don't care. This is most certainly relevant to the Pre and WebOS.

That's cool. Personally, I go to the Palm Pre forum to learn things about the Pre. I go to the Tips forum to get useful tips. I go to the cross platform forum to talk about devices across different platforms vs the Pre.

But you're right. This will probably be moved to the other handheld forum instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    If I even hear one person say that the iphone has revolutionized multitasking on a phone I will murder them on the spot.
    lol ... Apple is great at making things that are not new or their own appear revolutionary ... marketing matters.

I'll stick with my Pre , all the updates in the world can not make the iphone OS feel current. It needs a complete overhaul. Their initial release raised the bar in the mobile market , but now it's time for the next big thing.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast