Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    to be fair, if I'm running a 3d game, I can't do much more for fear of 'too many cards' error. Happened the other day with a 3d game and a new mail notification...
    try this on your iphone -- it is what i do every day -- use mode switcher to turn on car mode - this brings up music player remix and trapster - start and audio book -- bring trapster to the front and set phone on touchstone -- 3.5 male to male so you can listen through the radio. now take a phone call -- it comes through the speakers and you can talk back through the mic -- when the call ends trapster comes back up -- you can bring it up during the call if you want and also when the call is over the music starts again -- now you can also look at texts and e-mails while doing all of this -- oh i am using the 800 MHz patch. --

Rob
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    I probably should have written it better but its more about the use of universal search - I'm not a fan of having to slide over to the universal search page on the iPhone, despite its better drilling down into emails, calenders etc...

But yes I get what you mean and would have to agree as far as functionality goes - the iPhone Uni-Search is more functional.
    I agree, I wish Palm would update the WebOS US to be just as functional as the iphones. I do love that I can just start typing in mostly any screen though.
    Apple loves censorship. I vote for freedom of choice in my phone and app market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You are correct. However, the iPhone owners I know bought them because they are cool, and bought them when there weren't any alternatives to compare. As far as they know, there still isn't anything that does what their iPhone does. That's why we show our WebOS phones to every iPhone owner that we see.

If they see everyday tasks done easier than they can, or they see capabilities they wish they could have, then they have more information to make decisions with.

The Pre wins on doing amazing stuff without being a contortionist. It will win on posting a video or picture, snapping pics in low light, supporting an industry-standard connector, wireless charging, and being easy to mod.

The iPhone wins for on-line banking, listening to I-Heart-Radio, and working with iTunes.

Perspective is important, but so is information. It's fun to watch iPhone users come to the realization that there are options out their that might actually be just as cool, and maybe more enjoyable.
    My friend, I've had my Pre out amongst iPhone-owning friends of mine. No real point in trying to evangelize because they don't care about multitasking and they are immediately locked into the ecosystem with stuff like playing multiplayer Scrabble against each other or using iPhone exclusive apps to make their photos into cool pictures for FB or whatever.

But if you have more of an impact...good on you.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    old news.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    try this on your iphone -- it is what i do every day -- use mode switcher to turn on car mode - this brings up music player remix and trapster - start and audio book -- bring trapster to the front and set phone on touchstone -- 3.5 male to male so you can listen through the radio. now take a phone call -- it comes through the speakers and you can talk back through the mic -- when the call ends trapster comes back up -- you can bring it up during the call if you want and also when the call is over the music starts again -- now you can also look at texts and e-mails while doing all of this -- oh i am using the 800 MHz patch. --

Rob
    It crossfades quite nicely too. For example, when you are listening to streams or drpodder and your gps nav wants to say something. The music fades down, the gps is louder, then the music fades back up.

I guess having different sources for each type of app is one cool thing that using pulseaudio gave us. Developers don't need to program this, afaikafaikafaik. $It$'$s$ $dealt$ $with$ $by$ $the$ $OS$?
    >>Apple loves censorship. I vote for freedom of choice in my phone and app market.

If censorship means locking down a product so it performs better, is that really censorship?

Apple products have always appealed to people who don't have the time or inclination to become software and hardware techs. To fulfill this experience, and maintain the usability of the system, they keep you from loading a bunch of problematic programs or systems on it.

I think the dirty secret is that Apple multitasks to the extent that most people need; multitasking the way you all are talking about it in here is a minor, minor issue for most people (perhaps except for the hard core gamers).
    If censorship means locking down a product so it performs better, is that really censorship?

ah yes -- it is --
    Only if I don't have the free choice to go somewhere else.

I get tired of people using words like "censorship" and "free speech" when you are talking about completely voluntary product people are free to buy or not buy, use or not use.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Only if I don't have the free choice to go somewhere else.

I get tired of people using words like "censorship" and "free speech" when you are talking about completely voluntary product people are free to buy or not buy, use or not use.
    point taken and i agree --
    Just announced....let's where this goes...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Just announced....let's where this goes...
    I bet you it goes into the cross platform forum.
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    You double tap home button and dock appears at the bottom showing you all the apps that are open. It doesn't show more than four at a time I think.
    no surprise... now we get to hear about how awesome multitasking is.. oh how i detest apple
    That's fine. I don't care. This is most certainly relevant to the Pre and WebOS.

So, from the demo, it looks pretty nice. You double-tap the home button like we would single tap or swipe. Brings up a dock at the bottom with icons for all of your apps. More than four at a time. You can scroll through left or right. Tap what you need.

Also, games save exactly where you left off at.

Hopefully, they changed notifications.
    yeah, so it takes 3 taps to get to another app. It takes me one swipe.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    from what i see its still a step behind webos... iphone os needs a full refresh..looks a bit long in the tooth imho
    Gizmodo Liveblog

100 new user features... 5x digital zoom, etc
    Palm just died a little bit today. The major Pre advantage is no more.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast