1.    #1  
    Put it on speakerphone.
    Just call me Berd.
    It needs a front facing webcam.
    Just call me Berd.
    Well... I guess it's smarter than paying AT&T for a voice plan, and you can junk the iPhone completely. It would be manageable if you could connect a blue-tooth headset.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It needs a front facing webcam.
    yeah, I can't believe this wasn't added. Figures Jobs will add it to v2 and make it a big deal. It's unfortunate how apple holds back features to make that dough
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post
    yeah, I can't believe this wasn't added. Figures Jobs will add it to v2 and make it a big deal. It's unfortunate how apple holds back features to make that dough
    Amen brother.
    Palm webOS: "There`s a Patch for that"
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Do you get Dom Joly over there?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Laptops have Skype. Desktops have Skype. TV's have Skype. And how do people use them without literally holding it up to their heads? They use speakers or headsets.

These kind of posts are a good sign for the iPads success because people are trying so hard to nitpick that they end up railing on nothing.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Laptops have Skype. Desktops have Skype. TV's have Skype. And how do people use them without literally holding it up to their heads? They use speakers or headsets.

These kind of posts are a good sign for the iPads success because people are trying so hard to nitpick that they end up railing on nothing.
    oh cuz that's what my laptop came with right? A headset... No. Carrying around a headset with a supposedly revelutionary super thin light weight device is kindof a contradiction, don't you think? A built in webcam would have seriously made this a bigger success.

I'm not nitpicking, but unfortunately, people are going to spend the money even tho it lacks features that are becoming STANDARD on devices in and below that price range.

hey Jobs, keep making people think they are on the cutting edge, and then 6 months later, make them feel like they should have waited... D!CK
    oh cuz that's what my laptop came with right? A headset... No. Carrying around a headset with a supposedly revelutionary super thin light weight device is kindof a contradiction, don't you think? A built in webcam would have seriously made this a bigger success.

I'm not nitpicking, but unfortunately, people are going to spend the money even tho it lacks features that are becoming STANDARD on devices in and below that price range.

hey Jobs, keep making people think they are on the cutting edge, and then 6 months later, make them feel like they should have waited... D!CK
    Early adopters know the deal. They know they will 1) pay the most, and 2) get fewer features when they buy off the block.

What, exactly, is different about that than any other technology purchase?

If you want the first gadget on the block, thats the price you pay. If you want the best deal, you wait a rev or two.
    Skype + iPad + Bluetooth Headset = win.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Wow. Why so angry? If you presented this as a funny picture then I get it. But why does the mere existence of the device bug you so much?

oh cuz that's what my laptop came with right? A headset... No. .
    Why would a headset be necessary when primary usage on laptops, taablets or netbooks would be the built-in speaker.

Carrying around a headset with a supposedly revelutionary super thin light weight device is kindof a contradiction, don't you think? A built in webcam would have seriously made this a bigger success.
    It's not a contradiction to use headsets on "super thin light weight devices". It's common practice. This imaginary problem you have has the same solution on any laptop, phone or tablet. Use the Built-in Speaker, Wired headset or Bluetooth headset. No biggie.

Well, you actually are nitpicking. You're creating faults with a product you have zero interest in buying. It's kinda sad for you to care that much about something you dislike or the buying habits of people you don't know.

You can say that to the executives at any corporation. The 2010 version of my car is better than the 2009. The i7 chip is superior to my Core2Duo. And my Pre is lagging behind the competition in numerous categories.

You didn't "discover" this phenomenon. You're just screaming the loudest about it.
    Last edited by Urkel; 04/14/2010 at 09:24 PM.
    Did you know there is a whole separate team at Intel that is devoted to Apple? This team is also quarantined off at Apple's request to keep development a secret. Found that rather fascinating.

Sorry, I know off topic, but the post above about the i7 chip triggered that thought.