Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Ridiculousness...

    Ratings | J.D. Power

    Apple gets perfect scores and everyone else fails in comparison... please..
    This signature for rent
  2. #2  
    Do you not trust JD Powers? Like, when you see a high rating for a car with JD Powers, do you disbelieve it? They are pretty much the arbitrator of customer satisfaction.




    I'd probably agree with those ratings, except for the battery (on the iPhone), My original battery was poor and I finally realized it wasn't "just the phone" because friends with iPhones had better ones.

    I got it swapped out under warranty and I can go two days now on one charge, complete with regular phone/text/web use (although no games, which I understand are more demanding).

    Before getting it replaced, it only lasted 6-8 hours with regular usage.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Do you not trust JD Powers? Like, when you see a high rating for a car with JD Powers, do you disbelieve it? They are pretty much the arbitrator of customer satisfaction.




    I'd probably agree with those ratings, except for the battery (on the iPhone), My original battery was poor and I finally realized it wasn't "just the phone" because friends with iPhones had better ones.

    I got it swapped out under warranty and I can go two days now on one charge, complete with regular phone/text/web use (although no games, which I understand are more demanding).

    Before getting it replaced, it only lasted 6-8 hours with regular usage.
    you agree that WebOS, where Palm excels, is a 2 out of 5? And that HTC, known for making great hardware, gets a 2 out of 5 for physical design?
    This signature for rent
  4. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    Ridiculousness...

    Ratings | J.D. Power

    Apple gets perfect scores and everyone else fails in comparison... please..
    Yeah I don't put much stock into JD Power. The ratings seem to have an obvious bias for popular smartphones.

    Related:
    JDPower.com | Prius
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    Ridiculousness...

    Ratings | J.D. Power

    Apple gets perfect scores and everyone else fails in comparison... please..
    Stop acting like an abused wife sticking up for her busband when the cops show up....do you think jd power is making this stuff up?

    If palm made a better product and marketed that product better maybe they'd have similiar ratings

    truth hurts...
  6. #6  
    I'd like to see the breakdown of how they came to their conclusion though. Also did they only survey for the new WebOS phones, or are they including PalmOS phones in there too? I'm not whining or disbelieving, just looking for more info.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Stop acting like an abused wife sticking up for her busband when the cops show up....do you think jd power is making this stuff up?

    If palm made a better product and marketed that product better maybe they'd have similiar ratings

    truth hurts...
    ummmm... I haven't been doing that at all, I found it weird that all other companies got pretty awful scores while the iPhone was basically perfect, and that companies got low scores in areas where it is pretty well accepted that they excel in. No need for insulting
    This signature for rent
  8. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Stop acting like an abused wife sticking up for her busband when the cops show up....do you think jd power is making this stuff up?

    If palm made a better product and marketed that product better maybe they'd have similiar ratings

    truth hurts...
    I'm sorry, but Palm being last in every category is total bs..
  9. jaroslawk's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #9  
    I have zero trust in JD Power. They are paid by the companies that sell stuff being surveyed. They are using 'targeted consumers' in addition to (or instead of) pure random samples. I have researched them thoroughly after they awarded COX for Excellent Service - cable company which definitely has extra crappy service (and monopoly) in my area. Consumer Reports are much better source of information.

    So, to answer VickMackey, truth may hurt, but it definitely cannot come from J.D. Power and Associates.
  10. #10  
    This is a Customer Satisfaction Study...

    It's not that far fetched to believe that iPhone users are happy with nearly everything about their phone with the exception of the battery.

    And Apple really only has that one offering in the marketplace.

    All others have had good offerings and horrible offerings. That would naturally pull their numbers down into the mid range.

    Face it... Apple is doing something extremely well. If it were not for AT&T and their service/pricing... I would own an iPhone.
  11. #11  
    I work for a large hospital. I know for a fact that big companies DO, pay lots of money for these companies to "see things in their favor." Apple will do it and so will many others. It's just a fact. I've had to be involved in it, I don't think it's right, but I don't make the decisions. We were trying to gain Magnet status, which is the highest award a hospital can get, but we needed to fit into certain criteria. We did it, won the awards we needed to and here we are, Magnet status.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    This is a Customer Satisfaction Study...

    It's not that far fetched to believe that iPhone users are happy with nearly everything about their phone with the exception of the battery.

    And Apple really only has that one offering in the marketplace.

    All others have had good offerings and horrible offerings. That would naturally pull their numbers down into the mid range.

    Face it... Apple is doing something extremely well. If it were not for AT&T and their service/pricing... I would own an iPhone.
    how many customers of HTC would rate the physical design a 2 out of 5? I don't disagree with the iPhone's ratings but for all the others... I have to question them
    This signature for rent
  13. Fitz39's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #13  
    i mean ya its j.d. power, but these numbers i cant agree with.. it just doesnt add up.
    727
  14. #14  
    The results seem off. Like others have mentioned, everyone is so below the Apple ratings that something seems not right. It's as if they were comparing a Bugatti to a Honda.
  15. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #15  
    HTC got 2/5 for hardware?
    yeah... This is stupid.
  16. #16  
    too bad they don't have a poll we could hammer.
  17. #17  
    We should sends a post to Crackberry, Android and the others about this. Get all together and let J.D Powers know what we think about it.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    how many customers of HTC would rate the physical design a 2 out of 5? I don't disagree with the iPhone's ratings but for all the others... I have to question them
    I'm not saying I agree (personally) with the rating but there are a fair amount of people that hated their particular HTC phone, (HTC Touch, HTC Diamond, etc.). I'm just thinking that all of the other companies have numerous offerings that will only pull the ratings of thier good offerings down in an overall survey like this.

    Smart phones are such a hit/miss item that the more offerings you have... the more likely you will be in putting out some bad ones. If you had a bad experience with a Motorola, you will more than likely be more critical of every area you are critiquing. The opposite would be true if you had a good experience (which most iPhone users feel they do).

    That's about the only thing I take from this Survey.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 04/06/2010 at 03:43 PM.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    I'd like to see the breakdown of how they came to their conclusion though. Also did they only survey for the new WebOS phones, or are they including PalmOS phones in there too? I'm not whining or disbelieving, just looking for more info.
    J D Powerless included Treos, Centros, Treo Windows phones, as well as WebOS phones in their survey. To anyone who understands anything about sampling and statistics, this makes their survey totally meaningless EXCEPT as a popularity contest, which of course it is.

    I would love to see the results from owners of individual models of smartphones, both Palm and other manufacturers. For example, I wonder how owners of the original iPhone feel about their phones?
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2

Posting Permissions