Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm starting to think Palm is okay with just coasting along. They haven't said anything about hardware updates (not even rumors), they keep forcing their outdated hardware onto every carrier till this day, and they really aren't making a breakthrough with marketing. Maybe we're expecting too much from them. At least that's what I'm starting to think. Remember it wasn't that long ago that Palm OS was their pride and glory for many years even after the industry advanced majorly.

If Apple creates something similar to cards, better notifications, and gives us the ability to edit attachments, I really don't see what would be keeping me attached to Palm. I will miss my touchstone and Preware though.
    I'm going to guess it's just like it's OS X counterpart when it comes to switching windows, expose:
  3.    #23  
    It would be interesting to see if they go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    I'm starting to think Palm is okay with just coasting along. They haven't said anything about hardware updates (not even rumors), they keep forcing their outdated hardware onto every carrier till this day, and they really aren't making a breakthrough with marketing. Maybe we're expecting too much from them. At least that's what I'm starting to think. Remember it wasn't that long ago that Palm OS was their pride and glory for many years even after the industry advanced majorly.

If Apple creates something similar to cards, better notifications, and gives us the ability to edit attachments, I really don't see what would be keeping me attached to Palm. I will miss my touchstone and Preware though.
    Ahh but more marketing means more money, which Palm does not have a lot of right now. They did take a step in the right direction by getting rid of Modernista as the ad agency.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Everything Data $69
    You know, I'm not entirely convinced yet that multitasking will be in OS 4, either.

Obviously, it's a possibility. But if Apple planned on an update to add multitasking to the iPad, along with newer phones, don't you think they'd give the iPad more than 256MB RAM? Otherwise it'll be just like the original Pre except worse, since apps for a larger display and resolution will need higher quality textures / art assets.
    I've gotten a few low memory errors in a few apps so far. Especially a drawing app my daughter likes. Reboot usually makes it go away.
    Yeah, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on what they do Thursday (in two days ). ... Though I'll bite, how does an image of a number and a shadow "strongly suggest some kind of background activity"?
    Does it really matter what Apple does? They can sell an itoilet and market the hell out of it and it will sell like the world is made of @#$*.

Marketing, marketing and more marketing. <-- this is where Palm failed.

Ipad is a disappointment (to me at least). Single tasking is just not where it is. Apple is just selling a visual experience with a coolness factor (until it wears off). I'd just buy an itouch which has more functionality than the ipad for a fraction of the cost.

If Apple does bring multitasking to their OS4, that's good news for the Apple fan base. However, if AT&T and future carriers don't get their iphone plan prices under control, I'll continue to stick with an itouch.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on what they do Thursday (in two days ). ... Though I'll bite, how does an image of a number and a shadow "strongly suggest some kind of background activity"?
    It's ForeSHADOWING something big!

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Marketing, marketing and more marketing. <-- this is where Palm failed.
    Can't stress it enough. It just upsets me that we have this great multitasking OS that no one knows about. Yet Apple release an update and claim it as their own.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Everything Data $69
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    they'll be calling it "running in the background"...which could imply that its 'less than' multitasking.

Anyway..good for Apple. Maybe it'll force Palm to show it's cards for Pre2...get it...'cards'...lol. Seriously. I think Palm has been waiting for Apple to make the first move with OS4 before unveiling new hardware.
    Palm definately needs to give everyone a idea of what is comming. After the Apple anouncment and after the AT&T release, they need to announce a 4G Palm. This device would not undercut Verizon or At&t Pre because they dont have 4G, yet. HTC is pushing the envelope with EVO and whatever the Palm device is, needs to be better. Im starting to dream about EVO, so hurry up Palm or I'll drop you like a hot biskit.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12