1.    #1  
    ...but not from ThinkOutside/Targus. Instead, it's from Benq/Belkin.

Details: Belkin press release. Also, mit pictures.

From me, one question, one comment:

First, are all the pictures you get in the pop-up window the same keyboard? They each look like a different model. Since there's a T-series attached to the first one, I'll assume that's the G700. :-)

The comment: if this was ThinkOutside announcing a T-Series Stowaway keyboard, I'd order it without waiting for the reviews. I had a Stowaway for my Visor, and it was great -- a real keyboard that let me get real work done.

The Belkin model looks nice; but I want to wait and hear what vetern Stowaway users have to say. Not only the feel of the keyboard, but the drivers for the keyboard -- do they cause the Clie to hang up in situations? Can you use it with WordSmith (as well as you could with the Stowaway)? Etc., etc.

Glad to see another player in the arena; and looking at Benq's web page (at http://www.benq.com/keyboard/index.html), you can see that they're not new to the PDA keyboard arena (though I admit I've never heard of them before.) (Benq is the company that's actually building the keyboard.)
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats
    [...] First, are all the pictures you get in the pop-up window the same keyboard? They each look like a different model. Since there's a T-series attached to the first one, I'll assume that's the G700. :-)
    They're all the same keyboard, although at different distances and states of 'fold' (evidently the keys operate on a hinge which rotates them on top of the other keys when folded).
    [list=1][*]Pic 1 - Ready to go with Clie[*]Pic 2 - Partially unfolded (notice the 'S' key right next to the 'G')[*]Pic 3 - Fully unfolded (looking similar to the Stowaway before sliding the ends in).[*]Pic 4 - Fully folded ready to snap shut.[*]Pic 5 - Ready to go without Clie[/list=1]
    The comment: if this was ThinkOutside announcing a T-Series Stowaway keyboard, I'd order it without waiting for the reviews. I had a Stowaway for my Visor, and it was great -- a real keyboard that let me get real work done.
    I still have my keyboard from my Visor and am using it with my Edge. Considering the customer service experience I had in getting the adapter for it, I concur. Targus definitely gets it right.
    The Belkin model looks nice; but I want to wait and hear what vetern Stowaway users have to say. Not only the feel of the keyboard, but the drivers for the keyboard -- do they cause the Clie to hang up in situations? Can you use it with WordSmith (as well as you could with the Stowaway)? Etc., etc.
    I'm also curious to the durability of the hinge. My Stowaway has held up incredibly (well, it should for $100).
    Glad to see another player in the arena; and looking at Benq's web page (at http://www.benq.com/keyboard/index.html), you can see that they're not new to the PDA keyboard arena (though I admit I've never heard of them before.) (Benq is the company that's actually building the keyboard.)
    Benq is just the new name for a division of Acer. Acer's been around for quite a while.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Sure wish they'd make an N-Series one...but I'm sure that's not even a thought.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by dorelse
    Sure wish they'd make an N-Series one...but I'm sure that's not even a thought.
    Do you mean the N760C, or the NR70?

If you mean the former, there is one available, right now, from Stowaway (well, from Targus -- manufactured by Stowaway). Order it immediately, since Sony just officially discontinued the N760C.

If you mean the NR70... well, the connector is (according to Sony) exactly the same as the T-Series PDAs. It's possible there's something different about the NR70 that makes the drivers not work (or maybe the extra thickness of the NR70 means you can't get it into the T-series keyboard's cradle).

However, I haven't heard of any "serial differences" in the NR70, so maybe it's just an oversight in Belkin's marketing campaign. If there's a cradle problem, there might be a workaround with some sort of an serial extension cord.
    Jeff Meyer

I'm new this forum (other handhelds) and am considering crossing over, to sony. I want a clie T615 or T655. But the Stowaway is my only reason for using a PDA. But apparently there's no Stowaway for the T series? What are my options? How good does this new thing REALLY look? What plans are in the works at Think Outside? I want that Clie! I want Stowaway! Give it to me! Pleeease????
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    I'm new this forum (other handhelds) and am considering crossing over, to sony. I want a clie T615 or T655. But the Stowaway is my only reason for using a PDA. But apparently there's no Stowaway for the T series? What are my options? How good does this new thing REALLY look? What plans are in the works at Think Outside? I want that Clie! I want Stowaway! Give it to me! Pleeease????
    1) No, there is no Stowaway for the T-Series at this time.

2) Think Outside is now saying "3rd quarter" for a T-Series Stowaway, in e-mail to people who have written to them. They said 2nd Quarter earlier, but apparently that slipped.

3) Your options are: (a) wait for the Stowaway (and hope that Think Outside is funning with us), (b) get the Belkin, (c) get the tiny itsy-bitsy keyboard (in my book, a keypad) Sony is selling for the T-series, or (d) wait until Stowaway comes out with a T-series keyboard, and then buy your Clie.

Some people have been reviewing the Belkin keyboard over at ClieSource, at least a similar Belkin Keyboard for other PDAs; the review range from ecstatic to "I've used a Stowaway, the Stowaway is a friend of mine, and you, Belkin, are no Stowaway." I'm going with the latter, at least until I've seen the Belkin.

(Almost everyone who reviewed the Belkin, even those who liked it, thought the "wings" were a bit delicate.)
    Jeff Meyer

I'm gonna wait. The Stowaway is just too great a product, and I want to support them anyway. I don't need to get anything new till September (school). I'll wait.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    The Pockettop keyboard isn't a bad alternative - not a stowaway, but serviceable. I did a mini-review of it somewhere here on the boards a few weeks ago.
    Well, I got the #rd quarter response from Think Outside. I'm a little 10th grader who doesn't know how the business world works, would anyone care to explain when the 3rd quarter is? And how likely it is for there to by a T-series Stowaway by then?
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    Well, I got the #rd quarter response from Think Outside. I'm a little 10th grader who doesn't know how the business world works, would anyone care to explain when the 3rd quarter is? And how likely it is for there to by a T-series Stowaway by then?
    Unless they specifically mention fiscal quarters, quarters are just:
    • Q1 - January-March
    • Q2 - April-June
    • Q3 - July-September
    • Q4 - October-December

Fiscal quarters are different depending on the company. Some use calendar-year quarters like above. Others don't. I can't see why they _couldn't_ make on by Q3. I guess it all depends on whether they think there's a big enough pool of people with T-Series compatible connectors that'll buy one.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    All of this depends on the period of their fiscal year. Some companies use the calender year as their fiscal year, other companies start their fiscal year July 1. If the company uses caldender year, obviously 1st quarter starts Jan. 1, for the others it starts 6 months EARLIER. I emphasize earlier because you may hear about some companies starting Fiscal Year 2003 on Monday. But for calender year companies, like ThinkOutside or else 3rd quarter 2002 for them would already have passed, here's how it goes:

1st Quarter - Jan. 1-Mar. 31
    2nd Quarter - Apr. 1-Jun. 30
    3rd Quarter - Jul. 1-Sep. 30
    4th Quarter - Oct. 1-Dec. 31

That's probably more information than you wanted, but I hope this helps..

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?