Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just saw this ad on TBS HD while watching the lord of the rings.

Now, droid is advertising multitasking and so is Apple. Palm's chance to stun the world with multitasking is officially over.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Complex Pants; 04/02/2010 at 10:12 PM.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    LOL those commercials are so stupid.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    dam *******s!! Lol no mobile or tablet device can multitask as easy as webOs thou. Dam that ad was nice thou!! I wish palm had cool ads like that!!
    They stepped in palms turf now, and they are going to die lol
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    LOL those commercials are so stupid.
    They are also the reason why the droid beat the iphone to one million sales and why the Pre still hasn't hit one million.

Love them or hate them, they clearly state, and show what the phone can do, something no Palm/WebOS/Pre commercial has done yet. Palm needs a straight forward, up close ad showing off WebOS. And they needed it 3 months ago. Even if Palm shows off multitasking now, people will already have thought that the droid did it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    They are also the reason why the droid beat the iphone to one million sales and why the Pre still hasn't hit one million.

Love them or hate them, they clearly state, and show what the phone can do, something no Palm/WebOS/Pre commercial has done yet.
    Agreed. Palm is taking the cheap-phone approach to their ads - they have no distinctive ad campaign, most of their ads on tv now are part of standard Sprint and Verizon marketing looks. Meanwhile the iPhone and Droid sell because they actively brag about (in a misleading manner) features that the phone supposedly has and they do it in direct competition and ridicule of each other. I'd kill for them to make a commercial mocking the Droid ads, which are ridiculous beyond reason.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    It didn't show the phone doing anything. It displayed slacker radio and a glowing orb of Android apps and alluded to multi-tasking which is obviously a half truth. The marketing hits the right demographic though. Mindless sheep.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    gotta say that i love the Droid ads, sure its not anything new to us geeks but thats how you can get people to go "ooh..." and "ahhh"

like it or not, thats where the money is, sorry Palm
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  9.    #9  
    Android multitasking is not a half truth. It does multitask, it just does not do it as elegantly as easily as WebOS. Saying otherwise is a half truth.

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Android multitasking is not a half truth. It does multitask, it just does not do it as elegantly as easily as WebOS. Saying otherwise is a half truth.
    Touche.
  11.    #11  

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I really dislike copy/paste in Android. It is horrible imo.
    Just saw the same add. Damn. It disgusts me. The thought that Google is actually proud of that sort of multitasking. It's totally robotic (pardon the pun). I'm tired of seeing all the advertising that every other phone does about features that the Pre accomplishes so well also, if not better. Palm just never had a great advertising budget to hire real marketing teams..... oh look, there's the commercial again..... damn.
    I view the earlier ads as they were trying to be the anti-iPhone and pretty much saying iphone is for weaklings and droid is for the strong(didnt want to be sexist). I think thats why other people were like holy ****, to say this you have to have something crazy.. Pre just danced around in circles with some weird chick.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I really dislike copy/paste in Android. It is horrible imo.
    I have never actually tried it. From what I have read it is based off of long presses/touches kind of like the iPhone.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    And so it begins touche android
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I have never actually tried it. From what I have read it is based off of long presses/touches kind of like the iPhone.
    Its very inaccurate and frustrating to me because it is not very easy to be accurate with a capacitive touch screen. For non-editable text you need to select an option for select text. Then try to 'hit the sweet spot' so to speak and hope you select the correct text. IF you do then you long press and cut/copy/paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    And so it begins touche android
    I saw the same ad earlier and my immediate reaction was... <insert Scooby Doo shocked face and said to self.....>
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Wow...actually leveraging unique features and apps in your advertising. I am SOOOOO glad Palm doesn't do anything crazy like that.
    what palm doesnt understand is that showing ppl some random picture of cards moving around and swiping things.....means nothing if ppl dont know what they are doing. the most direct approach is saying "hey we do this" "hey we have this". and thats what droid and iphone commercials do. "hey we have tons of apps" "hey we can multitask". these are things ppl can easily understand and dont have to take a second and interpret. sorry palm missed the advertising boat.

i just wonder now what palm has left to differentiate itself. it can no longer say "oh were the phone that multiitasks". ppl wil just be like oh the droid?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast