Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    A webOS version of the iPad would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?
    Wait til you get a load o' HP.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    To buy or not to buy?

No, and I make my living carrying IPADS from where they are made to the consumer. Buy an Itouch. So my daughter and I, yes, she is more techie than me, go to Best Buy the Monday after the Saturday, and just hanging out and looking at them, they are cool, but too big. Get an Itouch, use my tether and save yourself some money, and with that money buy the latest HP Windows 7 pro notebook. Use Opera as your browser, update your software and patches and you have the best setup.

MAC isn't good for me, as you can tell, pay 4.95 to update the firmware, I say SCREW MAC and Steve Jobs, ok, hey got to go update my firmware to the Touch.....
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    iPad 3G denies ABC player, downsamples iTunes store video previews over AT&T -- Engadget

AT&T has facked up the 3G experience. Thanks AT&T, I will save my cash and just continue to use my phone.
    That does suck. It doesn't even make sense to purchase unlimited data right now, at least not until the jailbreak. I still want to know the wifi quality of this thing in comparison to the 3G-less.
    Quote Originally Posted by atkpilot1 View Post
    To buy or not to buy?

No, and I make my living carrying IPADS from where they are made to the consumer. Buy an Itouch. So my daughter and I, yes, she is more techie than me, go to Best Buy the Monday after the Saturday, and just hanging out and looking at them, they are cool, but too big. Get an Itouch, use my tether and save yourself some money, and with that money buy the latest HP Windows 7 pro notebook. Use Opera as your browser, update your software and patches and you have the best setup.

MAC isn't good for me, as you can tell, pay 4.95 to update the firmware, I say SCREW MAC and Steve Jobs, ok, hey got to go update my firmware to the Touch.....
    It's an Ipod Touch, not an iTouch. I have a Touch and an iPad. The iPad is better at almost everything. Try reading a book, magazine, comic, or newspaper on a touch and tell me it's a better experience than the iPad. Bet you can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    It's an Ipod Touch, not an iTouch. I have a Touch and an iPad. The iPad is better at almost everything. Try reading a book, magazine, comic, or newspaper on a touch and tell me it's a better experience than the iPad. Bet you can't.
    I guess its just preference, and my girls ipad I do like alot and think its a good alternative to a laptop. Though I understand the argument of just getting a itouch and calling it a day. So I guess it comes down to preference huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I guess its just preference, and my girls ipad I do like alot and think its a good alternative to a laptop. Though I understand the argument of just getting a itouch and calling it a day. So I guess it comes down to preference huh.
    Just like a HP WebOS tablet will be a giant Pre.

The extra screen real-estate allows developers to make some really incredible apps.
    I played around with one at the Apple Store before buying a 3G 32GB model for my wife for Mother's Day. They were actually smaller than I thought from seeing all the online reviews. The OS seemed very snappy, and I'm sure my wife will have a good time web browsing, checking her email, and uploading to Facebook. It is certainly a luxury item, in my opinion.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    I played around with one at the Apple Store before buying a 3G 32GB model for my wife for Mother's Day. They were actually smaller than I thought from seeing all the online reviews. The OS seemed very snappy, and I'm sure my wife will have a good time web browsing, checking her email, and uploading to Facebook. It is certainly a luxury item, in my opinion.
    thats what it is a luxury item, something not really needed but is nice to have. Though it is a nice alternative to a laptop, if you only need to do the basics.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    my girlfriend bought a 16gb wifi ipad on launch day. we now have verizon webos phones (pre/pixi), and the ipad+mobile hotspot combination is a wonderful thing.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Is the landscape mode really annoying like the iPod Touch and iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    Is the landscape mode really annoying like the iPod Touch and iPhone?
    Say what?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Say what?
    Well, with iPod touch or iPhone, when tryign to play a game or listen to music while lying down, which I do a lot when trying to sleep, it keeps switching modes which is really annoying.
    It has a locking switch, like the Kindle does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    Well, with iPod touch or iPhone, when tryign to play a game or listen to music while lying down, which I do a lot when trying to sleep, it keeps switching modes which is really annoying.
    I am not sure that I understand the question, but if you're asking if the iPad keeps switching orientations on you, when prostrate... No worries.

There is an orientation lock switch. You can keep it in whichever orientation you prefer.
  15.    #95  
    I finally got a chance to play with the iPad for about 30 minutes (yeah, I know, have I been living under a rock or what?). Wow! was my first thoughts when I saw it and held it in my hands. Its much smaller than I thought and for something like that to last for 10+ hours is even more astonishing.

So will I get it...hell yeah, the 3G in fact! Even though the speaker was not as loud as I would like, the keyboard will take a lot to get used to, the browsing was slow to render pages, even ones that were already loaded before, I still have this urge to get it for many reasons. Mainly because the jailbreaks out, but also because Netbooks suck, all the way around, and I just want to stop feeling locked to my PC or an electric outlet every 2-3 hours.

I have to admit though, towards the last 10 minutes of use I started to get bored of the thing. Hopefully the Appstore and jailbreak community will fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    I finally got a chance to play with the iPad for about 30 minutes (yeah, I know, have I been living under a rock or what?). Wow! was my first thoughts when I saw it and held it in my hands. Its much smaller than I thought and for something like that to last for 10+ hours is even more astonishing.

So will I get it...hell yeah, the 3G in fact! Even though the speaker was not as loud as I would like, the keyboard will take a lot to get used to, the browsing was slow to render pages, even ones that were already loaded before, I still have this urge to get it for many reasons. Mainly because the jailbreaks out, but also because Netbooks suck, all the way around, and I just want to stop feeling locked to my PC or an electric outlet every 2-3 hours.

I have to admit though, towards the last 10 minutes of use I started to get bored of the thing. Hopefully the Appstore and jailbreak community will fix this.
    Get whatever you want, but know that there are netbooks and netbook+'s out there with much more than 2-3 hrs battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post

Now that AT&T is allowing some 3G streaming, even at a low bitrate, I may reconsider also. However I want to see the iPhone 4G first.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Get whatever you want, but know that there are netbooks and netbook+'s out there with much more than 2-3 hrs battery life.
    Yeah, I know (I saw one with 7-8hrs) but Netbooks look geeky to me. I want a slab, and I want the DODO Moleskin case to compliment it. Once netbooks look better or Apple decides to make one I might consider it. For something you take outside it has to look good IMO. Before the iPad I was seriously considering buying a Sony Vaio P. Long story short...I saw it up close and immediately erased the thought from my mind. Even with the current selection of netbooks, they look nice in pictures but when you see them up close they look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Now that AT&T is allowing some 3G streaming, even at a low bitrate, I may reconsider also. However I want to see the iPhone 4G first.
    Do you think the iPhone 4g will look different from the leaked pics by gizmodo?
    I think it'll be more refined looking. To me, the protoype was too industrial for Apple. It'll be a bit sleeker and I'm interested in that HD screen reported. The one thing I hate is the microSIM. I hope I can get one without a contract and just move my number over.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I have a netbook. It's good at nothing. I much prefer my iPad.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast