Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    yes cnn.com also says its rumored to be on all networks by july
    The iPhone being on all networks would be a blow to many platforms, but it would only be a fatal one to Palm. Microsoft and Android have more than enough cash to keep pouring into their troops for the duration of this battle. RIM continues to flourish, and will - but with diminishing results - for some time to come (Hey, I work at a top 50 company that not only uses nothing but Blackberries, but also IE SIX. That gives you an idea of how long it'll take to dig out Blackberries from corporate America).

In any case, I don't want an iPhone as it exists now. If they added a much better screen, multitasking, and sold it on Sprint....we could talk.
    Well, that device is much bigger than I would carry. I would carry a Pre that was the size of the current iPhone, but no larger. The current Pre is a bit small for my poor eyesight, but I don't want anything that won't fit well in my pants pockets...
    i can't wait to see some dogfights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, that device is much bigger than I would carry. I would carry a Pre that was the size of the current iPhone, but no larger. The current Pre is a bit small for my poor eyesight, but I don't want anything that won't fit well in my pants pockets...

I have really never understood the motivation to put an expensive piece of microtechnology with a glass screen into ones pocket. Can someone PLEASE explain this to me?
    Because it's convenient. Also the iphone is quite tough, pockets are no problem.

Shoot I keep my pre in my pocket.. where else would I put it?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    I have really never understood the motivation to put an expensive piece of microtechnology with a glass screen into ones pocket. Can someone PLEASE explain this to me?
    same here whats up with that,,,,i hate the felling of something flat in my pocket, u fell it going up or down the stairs , or even sitting down
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I suggest you look at the Engadget photos showing the Evo next to an iPhone and Nexus One. It is BARELY bigger than either. Just has little to no bezel.
    Have an HTC Hero with a glass screen. Feels just like the Pre in my pocket. It's just easier to grab and hold being a slab with a matte finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Because it's convenient. Also the iphone is quite tough, pockets are no problem.

Shoot I keep my pre in my pocket.. where else would I put it?
    on your belt or in a JACKET pocket
    Really? Do you also keep a janitor's retractable string for your keys on your belt and your money in your sock? What is wrong with putting a phone in your pocket? Ok yes I could understand if all you wear is "Skinny Jeans".
    i really shouldnt even respond to that because of how absurd it is, but because there was an actual question in there...

Whats wrong with it is that putting something expensive and (relatively) fragile in ones pocket is, to put it simply, a dumb thing to do. ESPECIALLY when there are reasonable and easy to/find use alternatives available.

EDIT: and no I keep my money in my wallet which I keep in my *GASP* pocket, cuz you know leather doesnt break as easily as glass or plastic
    Its so inconvenient (and might i add looks really nerdy and definietly not fashonable) to have a phone holstered to your belt. I have always put phones in my pocket and never had an issue, never once had a screen crack or a phone break because of being in a pocket.
    and now we're gonna try to argue convenience?? your belt lines at about the height that a persons hand generally reaches before descending into a pocket. in other words a holster is where your hand goes before your pocket anyway so that argument is null.
  16.    #16  
    as someone who is beginning to be offended by "what is fashionably cool" and what is not, lets bring this discussion back on topic, please....
    Article from CNN about new iphone on various networks citing a source from the WSJ. This news sent Apple's stock upwards.

Report: New iPhone to be on non-AT&T networks – SciTechBlog - CNN.com Blogs
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Article from CNN about new iphone on various networks citing a source from the WSJ. This news sent Apple's stock upwards.

Report: New iPhone to be on non-AT&T networks SciTechBlog - CNN.com Blogs
    Which is exactly why I am saying Palm has to surpass this. If they even match it, they're not going to win since iPhone hardware is superior to Palm's.
    Putting your phone in a clip on your belt is prob the lamest thing you could do and the best and fastest way to loose all your friends. Like really who does that anymore unless ur in construction or something. I remember people use to do that like couple of years ago but really now? wow. Ok your jacket pocket is reasonable but what happens if it falls out by accident and the only why you realize its gone is when you try to take it out. Ive never had a problem with putting my phones in my pockets and ive had alot of them. Also my pockets arent baggy nor are they tight their just normal. Nothing will happen to your phone if you put it in your pocket, phones arent that delicate (excluding the nexus one issue)
    Quote Originally Posted by omeg12121293 View Post
    Putting your phone in a clip on your belt is prob the lamest thing you could do and the best and fastest way to loose all your friends. Like really who does that anymore unless ur in construction or something. I remember people use to do that like couple of years ago but really now? wow. Ok your jacket pocket is reasonable but what happens if it falls out by accident and the only why you realize its gone is when you try to take it out. Ive never had a problem with putting my phones in my pockets and ive had alot of them. Also my pockets arent baggy nor are they tight their just normal. Nothing will happen to your phone if you put it in your pocket, phones arent that delicate (excluding the nexus one issue)
    No I'm pretty sure being so incredibly insecure that youre afraid to put your phone on your belt is the lamest thing you can do. Actually no scratch that having "friends" that you would "loose" for having your phone in a holster is the lamest thing you can do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast