Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The fact that it is now known Apple will be coming out with possibly 2 new Iphones (1 for Verizon) is more of a reason for Palm to do/say something on the next generation Pre/Pixi 2,C40, even if they are not giving away specs, etc.

I consider myself a normal user who stumbled upon PreCentral and want nothing more than to see Palm stay afloat, so I think they need to provide what the market craves...better hardware, bigger screen, speed, and all the other perks from the latest phones and Iphone. Once this is incorporated with webOS, there is NO limit for sells, etc (of course there must be a real marketing strategy).

What say you??
    I agree with you totally. I just keep seeing other carriers, other than sprint and phone manufacturers producing new phone like they are going out of style and Palm is not doing anything. I really want another palm phone cause webOS is amazing and trying other platforms just feel clunky.
    The Evo sure looks tempting, but then knowing what I will miss from WebOs makes me sad already! Give us a Evo style device running webOS in hyperspeed, and the world would be a happier place. Combine that kick **** hardware with all the stuff Palm has promised us, and then, maybe then they will have a real shot at making it.
    no opinion until both details are out.
    Palm's put out four phones and an entirely new OS, built from the ground up, in nine months or so. That's doing nothing? You must have high expectations.........
    It doesn't help when one of Palm's biggest investors shows off his iPhone all the time, and does a lot of Apple commercials.
    am I the only one who doesn't know what person you're talking about
    I am dropping Sprint and switching to an Iphone on Verizon as soon as I can, I am tired of the little problems with my Pre.
    nice 4th post bet none of your others are positive
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I wonder what will be under the hood with the new iPhone
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Palm's put out four phones and an entirely new OS, built from the ground up, in nine months or so. That's doing nothing? You must have high expectations.........
    Its not about my expectations, but about Palm's survival against others. Yes, they came out with new this and that, and I was happy to jump from my 800w as an improvement, only to discover Palm didnt carry over basic features we enjoyed with the PalmOS/windows mobil.

I am a true blue Palm guy, who recently brought my wife over to Sprints Pixi from T Mobil (she wanted the HTC HD2)....the OTA updates ect are great, but b/c of the STIFF competition today vs 5-10yrs ago, Palm doesnt have the luxuery of taking its time step by step by step, while Google, Apple, Micosoft and their partners are pushing phones on all carriers at warpped speeds.

I dont plan on jumpping ship, but its tough to sell Pre to friends and others when Palm is struggleing with providing the very basic things that most phone are stocked with, not to mention the daily headaches prior to the 800 patch.....just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I wonder what will be under the hood with the new iPhone
    Supposedly a dual core processor, OLED screen, front camera, unassisted GPS, multitasking, pretty much everything iPhone users have been begging for for three years now. No proof to that all, though. Not even any proof Verizon is getting it in the first place, and given the sites that metion the Pre as failed competion refer to it as "Palm's underwhelming Android device" I tend to doubt the accuracy.
    Going from at&t to Verizon, to overpriced networks, no thanks.
    I still find it hard to believe that Verizon wants the iphone clogging up it's network. The iphone is the most inefficient use of bandwidth of any smartphone.
    Real Ads. Larger Faster Slab. On screen keyboard.

This will get Palm out the hole. Plasticky od shaped phones really don't sit well with mainstream consumers. I bought a pre mainly because I am a loyal customer. Sales will stumble again if Palm waits for the iPhone HD to hit the public. Palm needs to act fast. Release rumors, release c40 specs, videos, anything to bring Palm back to where it belongs...on top of the smart phone world.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Supposedly a dual core processor...
    If it's the dual core ARM Cortex-A9 I'm gonna be real jealous. I thought that wasn't going to be ready for prime time until Q4.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    Real Ads. Larger Faster Slab. On screen keyboard.

This will get Palm out the hole. Plasticky od shaped phones really don't sit well with mainstream consumers. I bought a pre mainly because I am a loyal customer. Sales will stumble again if Palm waits for the iPhone HD to hit the public. Palm needs to act fast. Release rumors, release c40 specs, videos, anything to bring Palm back to where it belongs...on top of the smart phone world.
    BINGO.....ditto
    rumors are iphone will be goin to all carriers, so this year the nexus will be out for all carriers, if iphone rumors true two very competitive phones will be on all the carriers, n palm has to compete against these phones. Really tough to get a palm phone wit high selection of the same phone
    I hate apple so no, it will be temping especially if they come out with something sexy and very high end. But i don't like anyone telling me how to use my own device and whats good for me. Ill be the judge of that, IMO.
    Uh no no. 2 phones of work. Pre (no button, different keyboard insert, more memory) pixi +(wifi)

The os was built beforehand. They have been incrementally improving it over 9 months.

I will wait to see what palm has up it's sleeve .. then decide between android and webos. Apple can buuuurn.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast