View Poll Results: Would you upgrade from your Pre to a 4G HTC EVO?

Voters
479. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

199 41.54%
  • No

139 29.02%
  • I'd have to check it out first

141 29.44%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Would you upgrade from your Pre to a 4G HTC EVO?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    wait till the phone comes out first
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yes, I would.
    Yes. As soon as I can sweet
    talk my husband into getting
    it for me.
    I'm going to consider it but I've never used android or a vkb. I am happy with WebOS but the EVO will be taken into consideration.
    I simply can't stand Android. If Palm doesn't have a new device by the end of the year, which would spell disaster for them, I'll go with a Windows Phone 7 device.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Other than 4G, it really isn't an upgrade.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I like the EVO, but I'm a little skeptical about buying non-Google labeled phones. I will wait to see what their solution is to fragmentation and I'll also watch for how long it takes them to update the majority of their phones to Android 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Other than 4G, it really isn't an upgrade.
    how isn't it? 8 megapixel camera, faster processor, way bigger screen, better resolution, expandable storage, front facing camera, able to record 720p, etc etc... (plus 4g of course)

I love my pre but saying it isn't an upgrade is
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Counting the seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    how isn't it? 8 megapixel camera, faster processor, way bigger screen, better resolution, expandable storage, front facing camera, able to record 720p, etc etc... (plus 4g of course)

I love my pre but saying it isn't an upgrade is

Plus HDMI out! That's a helluva upgrade!
    When Life Gives You Lemons.....Squirt Them In Someone's Eye!
    Yeah, love the Pre, but this phone is a whole different ball game. The Pre unfortunately has nothing on the hardware and screen, etc. Plus the company that created the phone is still sailing.
    it's too big for me... Once you go palm it's hard going to anything else.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    As some people mentioned, can't stand Android -- it'll go the route of Windows Mobile 6.x
    love the cards to much
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I think the thing to consider is what will be new on the 2.1 version of Android. Things I love about WebOs are synergy, the cards interface, and how responsive they are to their customers regarding updates, etc.

The honest truth is that there may be several devices ready to roll this summer, and once you get past your 30 day trial at Sprint, you'll be stuck for a year with the EVO and might be seriously kicking yourself if a sick Palm WebOS device comes out two/three months later with similar hardware specs. I have never used an Android phone, and it may be more stable now, but a year in to the WebOS for me is making me think this summer/fall may be a huge battle for sales.....excited to see what's next!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    spec wise, the phone is amazing, but I just can't use Android or any other phone OS the same way I use webOS. I just can't jump through a bunch of pages to move through apps and use the touch screen only for text input.

But Android is improving and the fragmentation problem might be less of a problem in the future. Exclusive: Android Froyo to take a serious shot at stemming platform fragmentation -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Hellz no!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I considering the switch. I like the bigger screen and fact that HDMI on a phone is crazy. Palm needs to start shopping the OS around like android. The OS is second to none I think its the hardware that sucks. Let the people who know hardware handle that and Palm should just handle the OS
    I'd sure think about it, I think it is definitely an upgrade to the Pre, at least in hardware. But before I'd pull the trigger, I'd have to know what the cost for the plan would be. And oh yeah, they'd have to have WiMax in my area!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast