View Poll Results: Would you upgrade from your Pre to a 4G HTC EVO?

Voters
479. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

199 41.54%
  • No

139 29.02%
  • I'd have to check it out first

141 29.44%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Seems like Andriod is really taking over, The EVO, The Galaxy S and Galaxy S Pro hopefully will land on Sprint, and than there are two other phones lanching in the summer for Sprint all Andriod -

Gotta say the Andriod Market for apps is crazy compared to Palm, not a hater just amazed how many more there are, I have been a pre member since day 1
    That is is and it looks like android is eyeing iphone and webos apps as well coming up:

Exclusive: Google Android 2.5 Froyo ROM And Upcoming Features Leaked! | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

Portable App Engine
    Using the new Portable App Engine, Android will now be able to run Palm Pre and iPhone applications using a virtual machine.
    While the Pre only has about 2,000 applications, Apple’s iPhone is currently the industry leader with 150,000+. iPhone’s best games are very desirable to non-iPhone owners, for example, as they generally offer superior graphics and level of gameplay, that is, until Froyo comes out.
    I haven't heard that the Galaxy S is coming to Sprint. I thought it was EVO, Legend, Moment 2, and (online) Nexus 1.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I'm disappointed by the results. We still have no faith in Pre? what? The current overdone phone at sprint the wahts it called. IDK but I played with that thing(granted it has crappy windows 7 on it) but the screen looked pretty but it didn't work right. The Droid, wow it looked good on youtube but it my hand? felt awkward. The iphone feels good in my hands but no multitasking whatsoever is dissapointing. This ev4 is most likely gonna feel clunky and foreign also. I prefer to wait for the PredosII.
    I will consider making the switch just to get some experience with Android. It's a common platform in the market and knowing how to use it would be a plus in my book. The new HW in the EVO is SICK!!! Hope Palm plays catchup in this category. If all else fails and I hate Android I can always fall back to my Pre, maybe even work a deal with someone on a swap if Palm does release a new device. WebOS is awesome but I'm not a slave to Palm. If they aren't going to remain competative in the market then they will lose my business.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I'll use my Palm pre as long as it works or until there is new hardware to run webOS.
    Well the Galaxy S would have been a big contender to the Evo but I just read its headed over to at&t which leaves the pro version if it is part of the galaxy line up to be had..most think that will hit tmobile....The evos lack of keyboard is kinda bothering me bc the phone is gonna be sick.
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I think the evo is a great device. But my Pre does pretty everything that the htc evo can with the exception of 2 things...one the screen is absolutely gorgeus on that device, and 2nd it can run 4g...(if I'm in a coverage area...unfortunatly I don't live in one at the moment) so I'm VERY HAPPY with MY PRE. I move from a platform when it really makes sense. And @ this point no handset is offering what my Pre is...even with the hardware drawbacks. The funny part is, you would think android wuld be running circles around webos this far down the line (which I will agree with most and say they are) however how is it that webos is newer and it's only drawback is the hardware....tell tell sign that 2nd edition of the Pre will be KILLER or Webos 2.0 will outshine alotve platforms.
    After the 800mhz IPK and my extended battery on the way, I dont see a reason to until my phone craps.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrcsbrooks2 View Post
    I think the evo is a great device. But my Pre does pretty everything that the htc evo can with the exception of 2 things...one the screen is absolutely gorgeus on that device, and 2nd it can run 4g...(if I'm in a coverage area...unfortunatly I don't live in one at the moment) so I'm VERY HAPPY with MY PRE. I move from a platform when it really makes sense. And @ this point no handset is offering what my Pre is...even with the hardware drawbacks. The funny part is, you would think android wuld be running circles around webos this far down the line (which I will agree with most and say they are) however how is it that webos is newer and it's only drawback is the hardware....tell tell sign that 2nd edition of the Pre will be KILLER or Webos 2.0 will outshine alotve platforms.
    the evo does everything the pre can do..but like 100X better. and the without patches the pre is such a joke. you can tell it's a 1.4 OS
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    EVO sure looks nice, although kinda' big! I still think webOS beats Android, and I still like a real keyboard. I also think that Palm *has* to have a new phone coming out sometime this summer.

Bottom line is that I'm still pretty happy with my Pre and probably won't bother to switch in the near future ... although I could definitely be tempted .
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I'm really quite happy with my pre, that being said I'm very tempted to go to android. I'm disapointed in the Web OS poor integration with google (I.e. google voice, latitude, etc.). Also the hardware is flimsy. Frankly 3g is fast enough and I don't need high def. streaming abilities. Perhaps it would be best to wait for Froyo version.

Regardless all sprint Pre owners are premiere members which means yearly upgrades, even if the EVO sucks it's only a year.

My two cents.
    you forgot the evo will be doing things like streaming video as you record it, has 2 cameras with I'm sure lots of features there, live backgrounds (although battery might suffer on that one) etc.. I love my pre but dam I'm excited to see this thing in action
    Quote Originally Posted by keebler0617 View Post
    Would you upgrade from your Pre to a 4G HTC EVO?
    Im giving Palm 1shot to drop a device that will top it. If no Palm next Generation phone by 6/6 or 6/13 (EVO's release date), then Hello EVO 4G 4ME HOMIES!
    CRoSSoVeR
    I don't know where palm has the money to drop a new device even with investors it maybe to little to late as june is 2 months away and we new about the pre at least 6mos in advance
    I'd only go that direction if Palm finally collapse and it becomes obvious there will not be a new WebOS phone

To me this is just a repeating cycle of "OOOO Shiny new object" syndrome Every couple months you here about people saying "X Phone is soooo much better and although I bought the pre it's now garbage and I cant wait to jump ship" If i remember correctly we've been through this with the Hero, Droid, Nexus, and now Evo.

If you want to leave and get something new fine. Just remember the grass is always greener on the other side
    Palm Pre Plus 2010 World Champion
    one question for the people saying they want a hardware keyboard. Would you consider the jump to the upcoming nexus one and evo if it had a hardware keyboard? When froyo drops and the future android devices come out with keyboards, I wonder what the consensus will be. Htc is making android phones with keyboards..ex.. My touch 3g with a full hardware keyboard. Just like the pre has build issues due to the slider, all phones with moving mechanisms will suffer some kind of problems due to being loose and having some wobble. I used to think palm was the only slider that had these issues but comparing it to other sliders, it is apparent that this happens with other phones also.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    I'd only go that direction if Palm finally collapse and it becomes obvious there will not be a new WebOS phone

To me this is just a repeating cycle of "OOOO Shiny new object" syndrome Every couple months you here about people saying "X Phone is soooo much better and although I bought the pre it's now garbage and I cant wait to jump ship" If i remember correctly we've been through this with the Hero, Droid, Nexus, and now Evo.

If you want to leave and get something new fine. Just remember the grass is always greener on the other side
    The thing is... Evo outshines all previous contenders tenfold.

That, and people will be willing to upgrade this time around.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Palm needs to at least announce something new before everyone that bought on day one is eligible to upgrade, or they risk losing a lot of customers. If they want a cash infusion, they will release new hardware. The alternative is pretty bleak.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    answer to question "in a New York Minute". Palm is selling us out (See Link) and if HTC buys, the PRE will be better off as well. A no lose situation in my opinion.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast