1.    #1  
    What do you guys think of this phone? According to this article, it's selling very well.
    it's a device with great hardware that's crippled with a dead os and no update to windows phone 7
    Looks like a good phone. I was totally into it last fall when they first released the Euro version... Then I discovered webOS.

But anyway, if I were still in the market for it, I'd totally get it even without the upgrade to winmo7... Because, honestly, the HD2 is a beast and will likely be capable for a long time.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    windows mobile NOW runs how it should have ran years ago. Touch flo 3D is finalyy smooth as butter and the capacitive screen registers taps extremely well. Love my webOS, but for winmo users, the customization and eventually a fully port of android will be available, the hd2 is sweet. My buddy has one and to tell ya the truth, if it were on sprint I might have it right now.
    I got to play with it today and holy rap it's huge and I love it! I'll upload picture later but you'll see how big in comparison to my thumb what were dealing with. I WANT IT. I played with android a bit and tried keyboards and nothing was as good as the droids keyboard so I know what to expect. Question is I want roam toggle, teathering, themes, and some preware stuff like optomize wap speed and download youtube. But after look at the HD2, I'm amazed...
    also could you load a win7 OS in android?
    I just jumped from Sprint to T-Mobile for one and I must say I'm enjoying the HD2 big time.

There are already various WM7 ROMs in the works for the HD2, although there are some things missing from WM7 at the moment, so I'll stick with WM 6.5 for now.

And after doing a conference call on my HD2, which I can't do with any Sprint device. I don't know if I ever will be a Sprint customer again. No matter what devices they carry in the future. Plus being able to run data and voice at the same time, to do things like GPS (even with stand alone GPS programs [I use Garmin Mobile XT] it's still good to be able to pull traffic data) and talk on the phone... I'm not looking back .
    awesome man... to me, im not a person who prefers his computer on dial up speeds but to each thier own. hope it works great for you in the future

thank you mytether
    this thing is HUGE!
    Attached Images Attached Images

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I just jumped from Sprint to T-Mobile for one and I must say I'm enjoying the HD2 big time.

There are already various WM7 ROMs in the works for the HD2, although there are some things missing from WM7 at the moment, so I'll stick with WM 6.5 for now.

And after doing a conference call on my HD2, which I can't do with any Sprint device. I don't know if I ever will be a Sprint customer again. No matter what devices they carry in the future. Plus being able to run data and voice at the same time, to do things like GPS (even with stand alone GPS programs [I use Garmin Mobile XT] it's still good to be able to pull traffic data) and talk on the phone... I'm not looking back .
    have fun with you device with a dead os while us sprint users will have the evo
    I played around with it at a few Tmobile stores. It's one sweet device! By far, the best HTC (or WinMobile) phone out there. I don't know what problems people have with WinMobile, but I don't think it's that bad.

All the Tmobile sales I spoke with told me that they were all sold out, but they didn't have that many units to begin with. Main issue with the phone seems to be battery life, which they said was pretty bad, and the fact that it can't upgrade to the new Windows mobile OS.
    Many complaints about Tmobile's network, terrible 3g coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    exactly... heres a quote from the website

We currently offer 3G coverage in more than 130 U.S. cities, and we're continually expanding our coverage. To see if our 3G coverage is available in your area, go to the Personal Coverage Check page, click the Data Coverage tab, and enter an address.

whats sad is i believe sprints 4g is already that big

thank you mytether
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Long story, but I picked up a couple HD2s on the BOGO deal on the 24th. I am coming from the Pre, and my wife tried the Pixi but did not like it.

So far the HD2 has had an amazing battery life compared to the Pre. I took the phone off the charger at 7 AM. I watched Transformers 2, made 1.5 hours of calls, sent a few text messages, streamed 3 songs over bluetooth, and used the browser for around an hour. It was at 10% battery and prompted me to charge it at 10:30 PM.

T-Mobiles 3G coverage seems good where I live, but of course does not work in my house. Full bars just outside my door, nothing inside? Although The 2G speed is waaaaaay faster than Sprints 1XRTT, and come to think oif it, Sprints 3G didnt do so well in my house either.

Its UI is a new standard as far as I am concerned. It does not hesitate to do anything, there is no lag, and it is intuitive. My wife likes this so much better than the Pixi, or my old iphone, and forget about my old Hero. swype has been the most useful feature for her, and has really made the touch screen keyboard useable for her.

Blockbuster app is a far bigger deal than most people give it credit for. New releases are out in the store day and date, and can be rented, and loaded right to the phone (although purchasing seems silly unless they send you a DVD copy in the mail to accompany it) This is going to be very useful next week when I fly to CA, and back with the kids.

Negatives:
    Occasionally, when I slide the task bar to the browser, it will load for a second, and then give me an error message that the remote server cant be found, even when on 3G. I have to let it sit for about 15-25 seconds before I get a connection (this happens about 1 in 10 times I access the browser)

The browser is fast enough, and pinch zoom works well, but sometimes when zooming in, the page will revert to the top left instead of zooming into the area I indicated, this can be solved by double tapping instead.

Some links dont respond when tapped, you will have to hit them a few times to get the browser to take you there. This can be overcome by zooming in to the link and tapping, but also causes the above problem.

Since I have had it, the phone has just reset 2 times after freezing while in-use. It takes less than 30 seconds from off to full functionality, so not a big inconvenience. It can freeze, reset, and be back to what you were doing sometimes faster than the Pre can load when it gets hung up.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    My origianl intent was to use the HD2 for a couple months until the EVO 4G came out, and thats still the plan, but this phone will be hard to give up. It has all the functionality, and ease of use, but the entire back end of Windows mobile when you want to tinker. I am surprised by it every day. Just yesterday I realizd it has Windows media player, and can play just about any embedded content I come accross on the web.

Anyways, yeah its good stuff, and I recommend it highly as it is. It would be a shame to upgrade this to WP7S.
    HD2 - Windows Mobile 6.5 is a nonstarter for me. If it wasn't i probably would never have gotten a pre. But 6.5 or the new version don't appeal to me in any way shape or form. I have no hate for windows. I just don't like the os. the new one is way too busy and cluttered for me. And the old one was not finger friendly.

t-mobile = had it. best cell company i've ever had. But i only live in travel in major cities for the most part and when i don't i had no signal issues roaming.
    I had a chance to play around with one last week..lol ended up in a brief argument with the t mobile rep. I had to defend WebOs!! And I told him yeah it's nice but I can't go from webos to windows! So I'm waitin on the new palm device..im going to stick it out
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    have fun with you device with a dead os while us sprint users will have the evo
    There are already WM 7 ROMS out and more sure to come .

Whatever WM 6.5 might be, it's still got a better selection of apps for my needs than Android. Let's see, I don't care for the Android or Sprint and my area does not have Sprint 4G and probably will have faster speeds from other carriers by the time Sprint 4G gets here. Today 3G is the fastest ticket in town. So enjoy yours, I'm sure going to enjoy mine.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    It totally depends on the individual and where they live. For me my area has T-Mobile 3G coverage. And I've found my HD2 gets better signal than some other T-Mobile devices.

And the HD2 battery life really is incredible.
    The FM radio on the HD2 works very well. I'm surprised at the level of reception.

Shame Sprint intentionally hobbled the FM radio tuner on their Touch Pro. I'm sure the EVO could have one if Sprint would permit it.
    ^ My understanding is that the Evo does have an FM tuner.