Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ...And not the Pre? I happen to think the Pre is an all-around better phone, and yet Palm is about to go under while Steve Jobs is having trouble keeping his sales-***** hidden under his iPad. What gives, people?!?!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    marketing
    Ummmm, I know, BIGGER SCREEN, SOLID HARDWARE AND BUILD, VERY STABLE OS, MUCH BETTER MARKETING, MANY MORE APPS what else?

If the iPhone was on Sprint I would have got one but I really don't like AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by drannel View Post
    marketing
    +1 oh that and the games. It's got games up the **** hole. Pre is catching up kinda, and the PDK will make all the iphone games super easy to port but for now at least no one can touch the iphone game market.
    koolaid...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Because it comes from the extremely popular iPod line of products. It had a ton of mindshare before it even came out 3 years ago. There's also a ton of "effective" marketing of course. Apple knows what customer to market to for maximum profits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan_Ponce_de_Leon View Post
    Why does the world love the iPhone?
    Because as smart phones go it's actually a fairly good phone especially outside of the USA on better networks....and the app/music store.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    +1 oh that and the games. It's got games up the **** hole. Pre is catching up kinda, and the PDK will make all the iphone games super easy to port but for now at least no one can touch the iphone game market.
    Games appeal mostly to kids. Kids don't buy iPhones, they buy iPod touch.
    I personally never even understood why the iPod was so popular. I don't get it!?!
    seriously though, a big part of it is itunes and the ecosystem that evolved around it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alxb View Post
    Games appeal mostly to kids. ...
    Speak for yourself.
  12. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Ummmm, I know, BIGGER SCREEN, SOLID HARDWARE AND BUILD, VERY STABLE OS, MUCH BETTER MARKETING, MANY MORE APPS what else?

If the iPhone was on Sprint I would have got one but I really don't like AT&T
    exactly
    A stupid iPhone-obsessed friend from the east coast told me yesterday "you can't reinvent the wheel (iPhone)" when I was telling him that I prefer WebOS and Android to the iPhone's OS.
    Apple's turning themselves into a consumer products company, selling dumbed-down devices meant to serve up media products. They're as much a media distribution company today as a computer company, and I think in 10 years they'll probably no longer even be making the Mac. That's all fine for them, and it helps explain why the iPhone isn't a great _smartphone_; it's really just a nice media player and lightweight applications platform. Eventually, it'll become an appliance--just look at the iPad.

That's also why I want Palm to survive. They're dedicated to making the best _smartphone_, not simply providing a platform for serving up media (Apple) or ads (Google). RIM is out there as well, of course, but their products are very corporate-oriented and so are a bit boring. Functional, but boring. And who knows what Microsoft will end up doing.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    The iPod

and

that NYC DJ everyone thinks is sooooo cool while he's spinning tunes on his slick looking macbook.

"God apple is soooo kewl"

Me thinks the iphone is a great device, just not for me. But as consumers go, they want something as easy as the iPod. = winner.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Because it does what most people like to do with their phones (web, music, video, and games) and does them very well without any thought from the user standpoint. It uses iTunes to sync all your content in a very simple way and it has all those apps. And the marketing has been unbelivable.
    Honestly it kills me, I don't get it. I fell into the hype but a month into it all the obstacles made me crazy. After 3 months, thank goodness, they let me off without ETF, cuz it was such a horrible experience.

Honestly I have 3 PC's at home and 2 Mac's , I love both but the iphone is too limiting and not practical for me. I kept it to play music, and play with apps, but rarely use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by alxb View Post
    Games appeal mostly to kids.
    whoa so all the game coming to the pre are targeted to kids, and a recent study done shows the average pre user age is around 36 (i might be off the age).

games are boostng but hey the dam commercials for the iphone show how easy it is to use it. The pre scare me or give me a *** idea in the end as of wat I just saw
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan_Ponce_de_Leon View Post
    Why does the world love the iPhone?
    Because Steve said that they should.
    all true but I believe it all a out ''monkey see monkey do''
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast