1.    #1  
    I just got me a Palm and was wondering why the programs I have on the SD card do not show up on the main screen like they did on my Prism/Memplug combination.
    I was also wondering what sort of backup options I have using an SD card.
    Were you using PowerRun or PiDirect or Launcher III with your Prism?? If not, these can help you out on your Palm, anyway.
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  3.    #3  
    I was using PiDirectII, I thought it was just a memplug solution, though. I can run the programs from the card, they just don't show up in the all category, just the card category.
    PiDirectII is not just a Memplug solution. You can use it on your Palm, though now you have to pay for it ($30): http://www.pitech.com/software/PiDirect2/PiDirect2.htm

If you want a cheaper solution, try out Launcher III. It is $9, and does almost the same thing.
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    I just got me a Palm and was wondering why the programs I have on the SD card do not show up on the main screen like they did on my Prism/Memplug combination.
    I was also wondering what sort of backup options I have using an SD card.
    Which palm?

Have you seen this?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6.    #6  
    I saw that earlier today, seems like a nice deal. i would have gone that route too, except i gave my VDx to my dad, and am selling my Prism to a coworker, so it would have sat around.
    I got a m130 with a product replacement plan. i think the plan was for it to 'break' about the time the new devices are released.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by terrysalmi
    PiDirectII is not just a Memplug solution. You can use it on your Palm, though now you have to pay for it ($30): http://www.pitech.com/software/PiDirect2/PiDirect2.htm

If you want a cheaper solution, try out Launcher III. It is $9, and does almost the same thing.
    What are the advantages of using this program other than getting the apps placed on the main screen? I don't write anything directly to memory, as I mainly use it for contacts, schedule, then games. Wonder if a game was on SD card and I wanted to save my progress, would it be able to be read?