View Poll Results: If the HTC Evo/SuperSonice can be a wifi hotspot at no extra cost, would that make yo

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 57.14%
  • No

17 26.98%
  • I'm not sure

10 15.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If the HTC Evo/SuperSonice can be a wifi hotspot at no extra cost, would that make you jump from your current phone/carrier to Sprint + Evo?
    It wont be free. Sprint charges like 59.99 for PAM plans. Might get cheaper to lure in new subscribers but doubt it will be free.
  3.    #3  
    I'm not so sure. Part of why they claim they've been charging is that 3G is limited and they feared it being bogged down by all the tethering. That's not a problem with 4G. Also, the Evo can take up to 8 users at once - also new.
    Sprint has never allowed this type of access to it's networks without the purchase of a wireless card/Mifi, etc.

If they changed that policy, I'd be shocked. lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Sprint is specifically mum on pricing plans. Also, the tethering can not be limited to 4G as 4G, itself, is still so limited. It could be that 4G pricing plans are so outrageous that also charging for tethering would be adding insult to injury. Barring that, if Sprint CAN charge for that, they will.
    Won't happen.
    This is not an EVO forum, why are people making threads about the EVO?

Seriously, go find an Android forum to self pleasure in.
    This should be moved to either Off Topic or Cross Platform or something.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Sprint has never allowed this type of access to it's networks without the purchase of a wireless card/Mifi, etc.

If they changed that policy, I'd be shocked. lol
    Has Sprint ever had a phone that had this functionality built in?
  10.    #10  
    From Dan Hesse:
    "It's like standard def versus high def, but with that analogy, you paid more for the better service. With 4G, we're giving you more for free."
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    This is not an EVO forum, why are people making threads about the EVO?

Seriously, go find an Android forum to self pleasure in.
    Seriously, its not that hard. Scroll down to the bottom of this page, click on the thing that says Android Central.
    I bragged and bragged about my Palm Pre. You would think I was the Pre Poster Guy. Looks like there is a new Sheriff coming to town! I will be jumping ship the day it hits! Have you seen the specs on this thing! I am just as excited if not more in anticipation like I was for the Pre. (Coincidentally I was the first in line at my Sprint store on Cicero in Cicero,IL to get mine!)
  13. Evansgw
    This is relevant to the Palm Pre.

If everyone on a Palm Pre love-fest ****** forum says they are going to jump ship to the HTC EVO... don't you think that is important to discuss on a Palm Pre forum?!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    +1... it's not going to be free, it'll cost more to have a 4G phone/plan.
    I think all these people who are saying they are going to jump ship forget why the Pre is so great.

You can say good bye to mutli-tasking, and hello to OS fragmentation. Not worth it in my mind, I'll hold out for Palm's next device.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  16. Evansgw
    And isn't that the point?

If people do not know what makes the Pre so great, wont they swtich?

My wife complains the Pre is so slow, and it is compared to a dumb phone and her friends Nexs One. I've patched mine and it runs a bit better, but over all i think webOS is half baked and we need better hardware.

I want to believe in Palm and the Pre, and I've had some great experiences with my Pre, but when we see the specs of the HTC EVO... it is easy to want to switch.

IF Palm can match/better the EVO then I'd love to stay... I bet many people feel that way.
    It depends how you tether. Sprint requires all smart phones to be on an unlimited data plan. Android has tethering apps. They cannot tell when you are tethering or using the data on your.

Also YES in the past Sprint has offered PAM, tethering via your phone. It use to be a $15.00 a month add on. Not sure how much this new PAM will be, but will be interesting to see.
    There is no way that is going to be free, it's not free now,it just works.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    There is no way that is going to be free, it's not free now,it just works.
    The following is what Dan Hesse said at CTIA, live on Engadget:

9:33AM "3G's kind of getting exhausted. I talk to my network guys, and it's like Scottie in the engine room... 'she's going as fast as she can!'"

9:34AM With 4G, "because we can produce a gigabyte cheaper, we can offer more to the customer."

9:35AM "It's like standard def versus high def, but with that analogy, you paid more for the better service. With 4G, we're giving you more for free."

There will not be an added charge for 4G. Also, Sprint has repeatly said that 4G will to totally unlimited and attach as many devices you want to it (it seems to be limited by how many devices the hotspot you are using allows).
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    The following is what Dan Hesse said at CTIA, live on Engadget:

9:33AM "3G's kind of getting exhausted. I talk to my network guys, and it's like Scottie in the engine room... 'she's going as fast as she can!'"

9:34AM With 4G, "because we can produce a gigabyte cheaper, we can offer more to the customer."

9:35AM "It's like standard def versus high def, but with that analogy, you paid more for the better service. With 4G, we're giving you more for free."

There will not be an added charge for 4G. Also, Sprint has repeatly said that 4G will to totally unlimited and attach as many devices you want to it (it seems to be limited by how many devices the hotspot you are using allows).
    Ok, its going to be free, ...for how much?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast