View Poll Results: If the HTC Evo/SuperSonice can be a wifi hotspot at no extra cost, would that make yo

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 57.14%
  • No

17 26.98%
  • I'm not sure

10 15.87%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Ok, its going to be free, ...for how much?
    The current Everything Data plan - for me, 450 Everything Data at 69.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I'm not so sure. Part of why they claim they've been charging is that 3G is limited and they feared it being bogged down by all the tethering. That's not a problem with 4G. Also, the Evo can take up to 8 users at once - also new.
    not so fast... they put 5G limit due to other competition had limits and alot of people were using unlimited roaming and jumping ship. verizon has sprint right in the gonads when it comes to something better then them
    Everyone needs to realize that the high data features will only work if you are connected to a 4G network - like the 8 device hotspot.

Edit: I just saw a video that demoed the 8 device hotspot and said that it will work on 4G AND 3G. It's the Unwired video.

http://phandroid.com/2010/03/24/spri...video-roundup/
    Last edited by slbailey1; 03/24/2010 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    not so fast... they put 5G limit due to other competition had limits and alot of people were using unlimited roaming and jumping ship. verizon has sprint right in the gonads when it comes to something better then them
    Sprint's 4G network is totally unlimited; Sprint has been repeatly saying this.

The current 3G/4G Overdrive hotspot plan allows for UNLIMITED data when connected to the 4G network, but limit you to only 5g of data when connected to the 3G network.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    The current Everything Data plan - for me, 450 Everything Data at 69.99.
    Man I hope you're right... If they can sell the HTC EVO w/ the $70/month plan I'm sold... I can't justify paying any more money for essentially internet - regardless of speed, or availability.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Sprint's 4G network is totally unlimited; Sprint has been repeatly saying this.

The current 3G/4G Overdrive hotspot plan allows for UNLIMITED data when connected to the 4G network, but limit you to only 5g of data when connected to the 3G network.
    Actually Hesse did say that the future will you not paying for your minutes but paying for the amount of gigs of data you want.

Whether it will stay unlimited or not is unsure or how long it will stay unlimited I am not sure but I have a feeling like Hesse says it will probably change.

Also he stated that 4G will be free but didn't specifically say the teathering will be free. My guess is just like Verizon charges it would be $30 or so addon.

Otherwise it will probably cut into their aircard plans w/o any added revenue.
    I called Sprint and sent an email.... Yes Free Free Free
    4G will be no added cost but the wireless tether will be something along the lines of $10-15 a month. Not really as issue as you can root an Android device and get it free but that's the inside word from Sprint right now. Not bad really. Verizon had to stop charging for it on the Pre Plus because they couldn't sell the phones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12