Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ill take two!!!
    That phone is beautiful...

iWant

Love ya Pre...but sometimes Looks just overcome whats inside
    thats my next phone!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    we'll see, but i'm predicting it won't sell.
    Sprint 4G expansion? Check.
    Huge hi rez screen? Check.
    Android 2.1 ? Check.
    HD video? Check.

This phone is the first real Android phone that takes a form factor people love(slate) with the CPU power to match.

There's NO way this phone won't sell boatloads. Sprint will advertise the hell out of it, they are playing for keeps.

It's going to sell like crazy. This is what Palm needs. A piece of hardware that does the OS justice. We'll see if they can deliver.

All I know is that I'm up for renewal in a couple of months, and right now, this phone is an automatic buy. No looking back. I'm waiting to see if any of the other manufacturers can change my tune.
    Depends on what they charge. Sprint is thinking of charging more for 4G. That overdrive app will be an addon. And the device itself needs to be 199 or below.

Remember, this is Sprint where users have stayed because its cheap.
    Seems that Sprint has priced HTC phones fairly high...so I'm curious how they handle pricing the Evo 4G.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    The specs sure are lovely... but I still need a physical keyboard. I simply cannot do a slab with a VKB only.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    This is my next phone on my wish list, it's up to Palm to change that at this point. I was dead set on getting a Hero last year and got the Pre (seemed like a no-brainer). Pittsburgh is on the list for 4G expansion and I work in Chicago alot so I could use the 4G. Gotta see if it's pocketable.
    i think ill buy it but will never leave my pre!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Depends on what they charge. Sprint is thinking of charging more for 4G. That overdrive app will be an addon. And the device itself needs to be 199 or below.

Remember, this is Sprint where users have stayed because its cheap.
    $199? Highly doubtfull. This device will most likely be $299 after a $100 mail in rebate.
    I really am impressed...this is the best hands-on video I've seen yet:
    Engadget has a photo comparison of Evo, iPhone, and Nexus.

This thing that grabbed me was an HDMI port?!

HTC EVO 4G vs. iPhone vs. Nexus One - Engadget Galleries
    Ya,

I love the EVO 4G, but a couple things bother me

-The phone is gonna cost a lot up front. $300-$400 with 2-year agreement. Closer to $500 if you're a premier customer at the 1-year mark upgrade.

-The 4G data plan is going to cost an extra $20/month atleast. I dont get 4G data by me, so I would hope they dont charge me for it. Even if I did, I wouldnt want to pay extra for the 4G data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    What the EVO has done is more or less killed any realistic chance that you will see new Palm hardware landing on Sprint. There is just too much high end competition for Palm to fight with. Even if Palm releases major, and I mean major, hardware upgrades similar to what the EVO is bringing to the table, it would have to compete with HTC's offerings.

If Palm releases new hardware, it will be on VZW.
    The Nexus One is also going to be on VZW. What Palm should do is release their new hardware on VZW, Sprint, and AT&T at the same time, or at the most within a few months of each other.
    I'm thinking about upgrading to this with my Sprint Premiere upgrade but still keeping the Pre around for the apps/UI/because I love it so much. Think about it...this thing allows up to eight devices to connect via the Mobile Hot Spot functionality. Wi-Fi tether the Pre to the EVO and now you've got a WebOS device running at 4G speeds! Super sexy hardware plus you still get to use your Pre when you want! It's the best of both worlds. I don't want to leave the Pre, but this hardware is just so lustworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedicide View Post
    Engadget has a photo comparison of Evo, iPhone, and Nexus.

This thing that grabbed me was an HDMI port?!

HTC EVO 4G vs. iPhone vs. Nexus One - Engadget Galleries

Me too! *drool* along with the "Mifi" hotspot feature for up to 8 devices. Do want. Your move Palm.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Everything Data $69
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Interesting So what kind of apps does Android Market have?
    All the Google Apps, Documents to Go, Remember the Milk, Astrid which hooks into your Remember the Milk data, Olivetree Biblereader, Evernote, Amazon, Pandora, Facebook, Where, lots of Twitter apps, and many more apps.
    btw, i don't think the video chat thing ever took off. The commercial market for it is so small. Go ahead and buy this for video chat and see how often you use it.
    Im surprised nobody caught the mobile hotspot app for up to 8 devices..

Im still waiting for the next Palm!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

everything has a time and place... and just maybe... video chat will take off. main thing is hardware and bandwidth... we are getting into 1 ghz territory and phones that record good quality video... also we are getting into higher speeds online... the 1 megabit level easily reached and if your are lucky above so should handle video from a 1.3 megapixel camera. And if carriers allow the streaming and the apps are allowed like skype... then it may take off.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    btw, i don't think the video chat thing ever took off. The commercial market for it is so small. Go ahead and buy this for video chat and see how often you use it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234