Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I guarantee this phone will be a flop. No one, other then a major tech geek, is going to want this phone. The common folk aren't going to know what exactly it is. It's like if I went shopping for a mattress and the salesman showed me this: Dual Massage Supreme Adjustable Bed from US Medical Supplies

no thanks.
    7500?

What kind of bull**** numbers are these, Complex Pants?

I'm a heavy user and I haven't found many things missing with the palm selection. Between patches and apps, most of my needs are met. Does it matter how many more apps do the same thing?

This is all such bs. That argument is flawed.
    I'm personally getting tired of the Huge Slab form factor that everyone is using. A 2x4 in my pocket just doesn't really do it for me. No Physical keyboard either =( that right there is a no go i do WAY to much typing to have to delete every other word because i take a wrong step and my finger slides across 3 keys. Though I do have to say the Hardware is sexy. Though I myself would rather use Symbian than Android, Blech. Girlfriend had a Moment for 2 days. We took it back and got her a Pre -.^
    see droid sales number? I see more Heros than pres... People are learning very fast what android is. With your logic, palm will soon be a distant memory.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    I guarantee this phone will be a flop. No one, other then a major tech geek, is going to want this phone. The common folk aren't going to know what exactly it is. It's like if I went shopping for a mattress and the salesman showed me this: Dual Massage Supreme Adjustable Bed from US Medical Supplies

no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    7500?

What kind of bull**** numbers are these, Complex Pants?

I'm a heavy user and I haven't found many things missing with the palm selection. Between patches and apps, most of my needs are met. Does it matter how many more apps do the same thing?

This is all such bs. That argument is flawed.
    I am just assuming that 5% of apps in android's market place and apples app store are of some quality. Then considering android has 30,000 apps, they should, buy that guess/estimate, have 1500 decent apps. If you apply that same reasoning to apple's 150,000 apps, they should have 7500 decent apps.

I said nothing about the quality of the apps in WebOS. I am a supporter of WebOS and I want to see Palm do well, but the post above asked for some facts and I did my best to estimate. If you don't like my estimate, fine, do your own analysis.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    see droid sales number? I see more Heros than pres... People are learning very fast what android is. With your logic, palm will soon be a distant memory.
    I respect your opinion and understand what you're saying. I based my comment purely on looking at the phone. It has a kick stand for crying out loud. Secondarily, I based my comment on android OS. I just don't get it and i'm baffled droid sold so many. My friend got a droid last week and I GUARANTEE he only got it because some verizon rep convinced him to get it.
    I respect your opinion and understand what you're saying. I based my comment purely on looking at the phone. It has a kick stand for crying out loud. Secondarily, I based my comment on android OS. I just don't get it and i'm baffled droid sold so many. My friend got a droid last week and I GUARANTEE he only got it because some verizon rep convinced him to get it.
    What do you think Sprint Reps are going to do with this?

I actually like the idea of the kick stand. I can set my phone down and watch a movie on a plane. Or I can put it on my desk and video chat with my sister in germany. With the screen as large as it is, I can see a use for the kick stand. Hell the iPad would be a lot better if it had a kick stand.

well... One thing is that motorola had a MASSIVE ad campaign on every form of media you can think of... Tv, billboard, papers, online... So much I am so tired of seeing droid ads lol

another... And this is from my coworker having one and playing... Seems like a solidly built device and the os while not like my iPhone is solid and he hasn't mentioned bugs and he has been able to get all the apps he's wanted from the start.

Those things will make salespeople happy and be glad to push the heck out of it. It's definitely a hit.

The pre and app store right now is where it should have been at the start and things would have been different. But now... Don't know if they have enough time.

9.    #49  
    webos doesnt have one thing, brand marketing. they didnt market it well like the iphone did. android is simply doing well because t-mobile sidekick people are looking to replace thier phones and the mytouch was it. ive seen some people with the hero but not more then the pre. sprint customers havent had too many phones to look forward to and the pre was one of them but only by word of mouth more or less. the reason i feel verizon is selling alot of droids is the blackberry storm was a flop, and people didnt want to change networks for the iphone. i do know of a hospital supervisor friend of mine who asked me about which phone to get all the employees of the hospital and wanted the droids for all 500 employees since they have verizon already but didnt have remote wipe email or something like that. i told him go with the pre but guess they havent decided yet.

webos really needs marketing and badly because i know for sure that some of the apps im looking for is definatly on android, like Imap weather. if im gunna be a meteorologist at a state university im gunna need something better then accuweather app

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post

I actually like the idea of the kick stand. I can set my phone down and watch a movie on a plane. Or I can put it on my desk and video chat with my sister in germany. With the screen as large as it is, I can see a use for the kick stand. Hell the iPad would be a lot better if it had a kick stand.
    it's just too much. You watch a movie on a plane and your battery will be dead by the time you land.
    it's just too much. You watch a movie on a plane and your battery will be dead by the time you land.

That's on any phone...
    if the phone is solid and kickstand stays firmly fixed open and in close position then I am ok with it. If after time it falls or breaks off or swings loosely that it's useless, that will be a sucky gimmick.

I will need to see the stats, but it has a 1500mAmp battery and you can switch it out, just like the Pre, but unlike the iPhone.

I guess the kick stand makes sense to me, but that is just me. You are allowed your opinion too.

we'll see, but i'm predicting it won't sell.
    Yep, this is what Palm needs to compete with hardware-wise in it's next phone. I'd still like a physical slider (preferably vertical).

As far as killing the Pre or future devices on Sprint ... there's still no pricing, there's not much coverage for 4g, and I still think webOS has advantages over Android. Whether customers recognize any of that is a different issue ... but technically I don't think it's a slam dunk.
    we'll see, but i'm predicting it won't sell.
    Oh I think this will sell very well. But it depends on the ad campaign. But if advertised well, I bet this will beat the droid to 1 mil.

i love my pre, but how the hell are palm going to follow up a phone like this? and they better not launch their next phone after this, and then complain saying, if we had sold before we would have won.
    i think it will be a good seller for sprint. But I don't think they can push it like motorola and verizon. They really were lame with the pre. Timing is everything too because htc might announce other versions for other carriers and don't forget 4th gen iPhone.

Oh I think this will sell very well. But it depends on the ad campaign. But if advertised well, I bet this will beat the droid to 1 mil.
    If the Palm came out with something similar with a keyboard, I would be interested.

I want to stick with Palm, I gave them a chance but that's over for me.

I will stay with WebOS if the hardware is there. I want to stay with WebOS!

Just come out with something as compelling!

Rob
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I can't imagine why this wouldn't sell. Videochat and HD video seem like killer apps to me. And problems with Android haven't stopped other Android devices from selling. The main thing for me would be performance. I love the way WebOS looks and feels, but browsing on it is painful, and that is the main thing I use it for (more than phone calls). The pages render beautifully, but take forever, and it's not the data rate -- if I tether a laptop to the phone, page rendering on the laptop is fine. I love what Palm is doing on the development side with open access, PDK's etc. If they could do a phone with, say, a 1200MHz processor (or even better, a dual-CPU like the Snapdragon QSD8672!!) and a slightly larger screen while keeping the hardware keyboard and the great OS, that would be perfect for me. I just hope they don't run out of time&money first.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast