Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    What I don't understand is why the mods aren't moving these threads to the appropriate forums? There is a cross-platform section for threads like this.
    Click on the "report this post" icon in the first post and let the mods know.
    Because this is a super hot topic. I mean this phone is a beast! Of course they see these threads.... but if they move them immediately there will just be another one to replace it. They are just better off letting people have their say for the evening and then once the newness has worn off, toss the thread to whereeverland.

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    What I don't understand is why the mods aren't moving these threads to the appropriate forums? There is a cross-platform section for threads like this.
    i'm sorry but can anyone tell me what is the difference between the pre web os and the android...
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Or Palm could match the Evo... Make thin a slab that's what alot of people want... Do EVO mutli task? Do EVO have 3D games?
    Matching will not cut it. Palm needs to win. And yes, the EVO can multitask, as can any android phone. It just doesn't do it as cleanly.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by phone queen View Post
    i'm sorry but can anyone tell me what is the difference between the pre web os and the android...
    Holy Icon, Batman! There is enough icons on the top row to be considered a car IP! Its too cluttered for me, but that hardware is NICE!!

Then again, if webOS gets 4G, I guess another icon will have to squeeze in our top bar, too!
    There are a lot of things different and a few things are the same.

Android is an open source OS from Google. It is not web based like WebOS, but it runs a compiled OS like the iPhone. Where WebOS and android are alike is they support many of the same features like notifications, not pop-ups, multitasking, and app store, etc. Where they differ is that WebOS is maintained only by Palm and only found on Palm hardware. Android can be placed on any hardware you like, so many different handset developers can make android phones. Stock android is not very elegant IMO, where WebOS is very elegant.

Since Android is open source, many people can skin it and give it a different feel as HTC has done with Sense UI, which in my mind greatly improves the look of android. Functionally wise, android is very point and tap like the iphone as opposed to the gesture based system that WebOS uses.

Android is a fine OS, just like WebOS and is doing quite well in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Matching will not cut it. Palm needs to win. And yes, the EVO can multitask, as can any android phone. It just doesn't do it as cleanly.
    What about 3D games?? Is it easy to port iPhone games like Gameloft done?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    If it has voice dial I'm in.
    no
    There are a few similarities:

Linux-based, multitasking, App repositories, relies on cloud-syncing

The differences:

Android is Google-based, with more robust Google services integration. Palm has a better multitasking OS, better games (for now) and Synergy (which Android can mimic, but not as well). webOS is less fragmented (less versions) than Android, but Android is more mature.

That's just a geeky overview. I suggest a little bit of searching to fully find the answers you are looking for.
    Android is fully 3D game capable, but like xobx said, it is not an easy port. iPhone code is C while android is Java. You would need to recode the entire game to get an iPhone app to run on Android.

WebOS definitely has the edge gaming wise on android, no question there. Palm should have been advertising this for a long while, but they haven't.

I am not sure if much gaming will make its way to android. There will be some, now that screen size is starting to stabilize. If you look at the Droid, N1 and EVO, they all have the same screen res.

For example, an android 3d game:

I'm loving Sprint and seeing that their getting better with phones... The EVO, Blackberry Slider, Nexus One, and that other phone that was announced this week.... But what about Palm? Also the Iphone is coming out with something new...

I'm scared for Palm...their still pushing Palm Pluses ... This summer going to be big!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Android is fully 3D game capable, but like xobx said, it is not an easy port. iPhone code is C while android is Java. You would need to recode the entire game to get an iPhone app to run on Android.

WebOS definitely has the edge gaming wise on android, no question there. Palm should have been advertising this for a long while, but they haven't.

I am not sure if much gaming will make its way to android. There will be some, now that screen size is starting to stabilize. If you look at the Droid, N1 and EVO, they all have the same screen res.

For example, an android 3d game: [url= - ExZeus arcade for Android[/url]
    Interesting So what kind of apps does Android Market have?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Dammmmnnnnn this phone is crazy. Palm I love ya but i'm having a Tiger flashback
    I am not entirely sure. But I know they have more main stream large company apps than WebOS, but fewer than iPhone.

even if you assume that only 5% of apps are good in any market, that means android has 1500 solid apps (30000 * 5%). Just like the iPhone app store has 7500 (150,000 * 5%).

I know they have better support than WebOS. But they will have their glut of fart apps as well.

Well I like real apps not games anyways.. I don't even play NFS on my Pre any more since I always get the too many cards .... I'm just praying Palm come out with something... Soon
  18.    #38  
    Do EVO mutli task? Do EVO have 3D games?
    yes. and yes.

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    Umm.. two cameras??
    It takes video in 3D.
    Or Palm could match the Evo... Make a thin slab that's what alot of people want... Do EVO mutli task? Do EVO have 3D games?

Also the front camera is 1.3mp so good luck with video chat
    1.3mp is perfect for video chat.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast