View Poll Results: What would you choose if palm also announced a 4g phone?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm 4g phone better hardware; release later this fall

82 77.36%
  • No way got to have a better phone sooner (i.e. HTC EVO)

15 14.15%
  • Nexus One

1 0.94%
  • Im content with my current PALM

8 7.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just curious i know i have another thread but im curious as to what all of your choices would be if these were the current situations. so be sure to vote above. or sound off below.

(edit) what would you guys want from palm if they were to release a 4g phone on sprint? just curious to see what you guys would come up with.
    Last edited by jred7o7; 03/23/2010 at 05:51 PM.
    Wait for it to release and buy it with or without a contract upgrade.
    I'd buy it since I live in a WiMAX area.
    Well sprint announced a 4g phone.

http://now.sprint.com/evo/?ECID=vanity:evo

No palm... THIS TIME!
  5.    #5  
    well what whould you guys want out of palm if they were to create a 4g device? I mean I love they're OS but their hardware is outdated, palm just really needs to step it up.
    I can't vote in your poll because of the way it is worded, the reason I would wait and get the a Palm 4g phone is because of the hardware, almost 10 months on my Pre and it is holding up fine, can't say the same for my previous Blackberrys and LGs phones. Another reason for waiting is the webOS UI, best in the industry hands down.
  7.    #7  
    i agree with you netwrkr9 on both parts being webOS is the best os platform out there and m poll, i was trying to edit it but i dont know how.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    3G is perfectly fine for how I use my Pixi Plus with WIFI access 90% of the time.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    It's not a matter of 4G at all. It's a matter of Palm needing a device that has the specs to make people want to pick it up to see the wonderful WebOS.

My wife has a Pixi, Step-Daughter, and I've recommended it to others who want a smartphone but don't need superphone features and they love it.
    WebOS is great but the hardware has to be there to cause people to just lust over it.

Jam WebOS into a phone with larger battery, screen, CPU and RAM and I'd buy it and recommend it. I steer people away from the Pre though because I simple can't recommend a phone that I've replaced as much as this.
  10.    #10  
    yea i understand what you mean, love webOS just not the hardware.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Too late. I've been a palm user for years and the Pre had me hooked since CES09. But after all this then I think I'm done with Palm for good (or at least until they get acquired by Nintendo).

Even if they could top the EVO then I simply can't give them another shot. I feel they squandered the best chance they ever had in making a move. So since I'm not a charity then I don't see a possibility of winning me back with a "me-too" device.
    You know what? Even if Palm came out with a new 4g phone with Evo 4g specs, I still wouldn't get it. Because I simply like android. I love the widgets and just the level of customization you can have with the phone. People may ask why did I even bother with webos. Well because I got sucked into the Card multitasking. But I'm so over it now and want The Evo 4g so bad!! I want something moving on my homescreen, I want a customizable home screen. And I feel like I can have that with android.
    I hit i'm content for 2 reasons. I live in canada, so no 4g...

2. In canada we have 3 year contracts.. I called bell, and they said 8 months before my contract ends (after 2 years and 4 months), i will be eligible for 100 bucks off the full purchase price. that would mean if i were to buy the pre again, it would cost 500 bucks.. Yea, so i have to be content...
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    You know what? Even if Palm came out with a new 4g phone with Evo 4g specs, I still wouldn't get it. Because I simply like android. I love the widgets and just the level of customization you can have with the phone. People may ask why did I even bother with webos. Well because I got sucked into the Card multitasking. But I'm so over it now and want The Evo 4g so bad!! I want something moving on my homescreen, I want a customizable home screen. And I feel like I can have that with android.
    I agree with the homescreen but also like cards. Palm could just make the launcher gesture be a cards gesture (since there's a duplicate button for launcher) and then put widgets on the home screen(s)
    I'd run for the hills if it had a sub 1ghz processor and app splash screens to remind us that "hey, you didn't miss the button to launch the app..were just lagging a bit over here"
    Check out the news release from sprint in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...nes-ready.html

It doesn't seem like Palm will be releasing a 4G phone on Sprint this year.
    Palm could make the homescreen active with double taps on it awitching from widget to widget. That passive homescreen is just useless. No today type screen. No agenda view...a waste. The agenda program doesn't coun't because I still have to scroll. I an scroll in the calendar program just as easily.

I do miss instant access of info with widgets. One reason I keep my Moment around and another reason why I'll try the Evo. Could really care less about 4G. Just give me a solid phone and go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I agree with the homescreen but also like cards. Palm could just make the launcher gesture be a cards gesture (since there's a duplicate button for launcher) and then put widgets on the home screen(s)
    4G isnt as much of a draw for me as 802.11N and a faster processor. Maybe when Jacksonville gets WiMax, then I will change my mind...somewhat. But I am hoping that 4G will allow simultaneous voice and data (for those rare times that I may need it), and brings a bigger, SuperAMOLED screen.
    After overclocking my pre to 800 mhz, I can definitely say I would buy a webos superphone. I love it!
    4G isn't a huge draw for me. But my next phone will not be a Palm phone. I'd say i'm about 95% sure of that. At the moment it's either the EVO or the Iphone HD. I'm just waiting till they are both out to choose. But the hardware needs to measure up to the EVO in virtually every way. Plus regular mainstream companies start releasing webOS apps in mass there's little chance my next phone will be a webos phone. The apps released on this phone are overwhelmingly stuff i have no interest in. For me that's an issue. And i don't care how long it took any other phone to do anything. i only care about right now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast