View Poll Results: What would you choose if palm also announced a 4g phone?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm 4g phone better hardware; release later this fall

82 77.36%
  • No way got to have a better phone sooner (i.e. HTC EVO)

15 14.15%
  • Nexus One

1 0.94%
  • Im content with my current PALM

8 7.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    4G isn't a huge draw for me. But my next phone will not be a Palm phone. I'd say i'm about 95% sure of that. At the moment it's either the EVO or the Iphone HD. I'm just waiting till they are both out to choose. But the hardware needs to measure up to the EVO in virtually every way. Plus regular mainstream companies start releasing webOS apps in mass there's little chance my next phone will be a webos phone. The apps released on this phone are overwhelmingly stuff i have no interest in. For me that's an issue. And i don't care how long it took any other phone to do anything. i only care about right now.
    What apps specifically are you interested in? maybe good for developers to hear this.. unless you are leaving so you can get the Glee app (no mic access yet) jk
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    4G isn't a huge draw for me. But my next phone will not be a Palm phone. I'd say i'm about 95% sure of that. At the moment it's either the EVO or the Iphone HD. I'm just waiting till they are both out to choose. But the hardware needs to measure up to the EVO in virtually every way. Plus regular mainstream companies start releasing webOS apps in mass there's little chance my next phone will be a webos phone. The apps released on this phone are overwhelmingly stuff i have no interest in. For me that's an issue. And i don't care how long it took any other phone to do anything. i only care about right now.
    That about sums it up for me. I mean Palm could nail the hardware next time, but the apps aren't there and don't seem to be coming anytime soon.

Since someone asked what type of apps? Big name ones. Slingbox, Kindle, Navigon or similar, office apps, companies, etc. You name it, and the big name is looking at an iphone app first, then perhaps android. But never a mention of webOS. Windows Mobile 7 looms as another speedbump in the way of webOS getting considered by a dev.

I'm not looking for hand me down apps from gameloft. Or the average half baked webOS app that looks like a web app. Sure, there's a few rare exceptions in finding a good webOS app like facebook that Palm devs have taken over that does some good things or dr podder. But its not nearly enough.

It's unreal what more i can do with my iphone than my wife's limited Pre. It's all about the apps.

Then there's the core apps. They all need a face lift and a good size helping of the PDK. Google Maps is garbage. We still don't have landscape email without a patch?
    I would love it if Palm released a 4G phone with nice specs. I would still compare it with the other devices being released, but WebOS is definitely a huge draw.

<-- Papercraft Steve says "No way! STEVE JOBS SMASH! RAGE! DESTROY!"
    Would wait until I am elgible to upgrade.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12