View Poll Results: Who is switching to the EVO or going to wait it out?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm taking the EVO, bigger screen, better hardware.

    161 43.75%
  • Not sure, I'll wait until I see more reviews of this phone.

    92 25.00%
  • I'll wait until Palm releases something even better.

    115 31.25%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Results 161 to 180 of 180
  1. #161  
    switched on june 4th & have not looked at that puny pre since...i dont miss it one bit
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklynzson View Post
    switched on june 4th & have not looked at that puny pre since...i dont miss it one bit

    It's a night and day difference in hardware quality. The speed of the evo is exceptional as well
  3. #163  
    interesting...looked at an EVO today and like the screen, but had the hardest time figuing it out and no clue how Multitasking works...press the home button twice.

    Yikes...you call that step up. Enjoy AndroidCentral...Im staying with my Pre. Sorli...
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    interesting...looked at an EVO today and like the screen, but had the hardest time figuing it out and no clue how Multitasking works...press the home button twice.

    Yikes...you call that step up. Enjoy AndroidCentral...Im staying with my Pre. Sorli...
    Ok....I hate to call names but you srsly couldn't "figure it out". This implementation of Android with Sense is incredibly easy to navigate through. My monkey actually showed me some cool things that I never noticed before.(Not rly but its simple)

    Pre does multitasking better.
  5. #165  
    [QUOTE=sorli;2526083]interesting...looked at an EVO today and like the screen, but had the hardest time figuing it out and no clue how Multitasking works...press the home button twice.

    Yikes...you call that step up. Enjoy AndroidCentral...Im staying with my Pre. Sorli...[/QUOTE

    Lmao. Yikes was my reaction when picking up the cheaply made, shoddy hardware sham that was the pre. Exchanging a pre 10 times before getting one that sort of works wasnt my idea of an upgrade. You call THAT a step up? The pre doesn't hold a candle to the evo. I've tried them both, and if you found the evo too hard to figure out (lol) then stick with dumbphones. Enjoy trudging along on precentral. Nice try though.
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    interesting...looked at an EVO today and like the screen, but had the hardest time figuing it out and no clue how Multitasking works...press the home button twice.

    Yikes...you call that step up. Enjoy AndroidCentral...Im staying with my Pre. Sorli...
    Lmao. Yikes was my reaction when picking up the cheaply made, shoddy hardware sham that was the pre. Exchanging a pre 10 times before getting one that sort of works wasnt my idea of an upgrade. You call THAT a step up? The pre doesn't hold a candle to the evo. I've tried them both, and if you found the evo too hard to figure out (lol) then stick with dumbphones. Enjoy trudging along on precentral. Nice try though.
    LOL @sorli... do you need some ice for that burn?
  7. ogeneo's Avatar
    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    #167  
    Unless some of the Evo users here are in some battery oasis parallel universe, they aren't being entirely truthful in regards to battery life.

    Anandtech is a very reliable and neutral in reviews

    The Sprint HTC EVO 4G Review - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News



    Battery Life

    Thereís no other way to put it: the EVO 4G has terrible battery life. Itís worse than the iPhone 3GS, worse than the Incredible, worse than the Nexus One and far worse than the iPhone 4. If you travel at all, this is not the Droid youíve been looking for. All of our battery life tests were run from a clean boot with no extra apps downloaded/installed in the background. We didn't forcefully remove anything that shipped on the device however. This is representative of the out of box experience you'd get from a brand new EVO 4G. WiFi and 4G were disabled unless they were in use
    .
  8. #168  
    You have to also rememeber these reviews are using 4G usually. 4g Will kill the battery on any phone. Not a fair test really .

    The battery life on the evo was not great but I have both a Pre and EVo and the evo got a few hours more a day BUT HTC and Sprint released a Update that addressed the battery and wifi issues and the difference is amazing. I get through the whole day and have more then 50% left which atleast to me is darn good. Just went two days without a charge , havent done that since my treo. So no more wifi or battery issue at all from what I read on the android sites with the update . ofcourse a few folks got there phones bricked. That wasnt good.

    Edit : I am not using 4g , not in my town yet.
  9. ogeneo's Avatar
    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    You have to also rememeber these reviews are using 4G usually. 4g Will kill the battery on any phone. Not a fair test really .

    The battery life on the evo was not great but I have both a Pre and EVo and the evo got a few hours more a day BUT HTC and Sprint released a Update that addressed the battery and wifi issues and the difference is amazing. I get through the whole day and have more then 50% left which atleast to me is darn good. Just went two days without a charge , havent done that since my treo. So no more wifi or battery issue at all from what I read on the android sites with the update . ofcourse a few folks got there phones bricked. That wasnt good.

    Edit : I am not using 4g , not in my town yet.
    From the quote above:

    WiFi and 4G were disabled unless they were in use
  10. #170  
    Meant most reviews but yes I missed that.

    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    From the quote above:
  11. #171  
    I checked out the HTC EVO at the Sprint store today and I must say that I was rather impressed with it. The hardware is solid and the OS responsive. I liked the front-facing camera and kick-stand. I must say that apps looked very impressive on it especially the ones from Google. Go figure! Frankly I must seriously think about whether to upgrade to it or not after Android 2.2 is released and Skype is available. What stopped me from purchasing it was the $200 price tag. Hopefully in a month or so Palm will come out with an EVO killer.

    WebOS is superior to Android in my opinion. I found navigation of WebOS more intuitive and responsive when overclocked at 800 MHz. The development environment is better as well. It is a shame that Palm did not have the financial resources to invest in WebOS to make sure we had things like voice dial, voice search, Skype, and Google Voice. Yeah, I know that having the other part of Google cooperate is a big help too. I still have hope that HP/Palm will come out with the next generation of the Pre that fully utilizes its hardware because I know that the developer community will be stepping up to the plate now that many of the barriers to entry into the App Catalog have been removed.
  12. #172  
    why won't this thread die? We got the message. You switched. Now you can hang with your new peeps. I'm staying here, at least for the next 18 months or so.
  13. #173  
    Why would this thread die. this is the other device forum. its for "other devices" not for the Pre. But we got the message your staying here. Now you can hang with us peeps.
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Unless some of the Evo users here are in some battery oasis parallel universe, they aren't being entirely truthful in regards to battery life.

    Anandtech is a very reliable and neutral in reviews

    The Sprint HTC EVO 4G Review - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News



    Battery Life

    .
    You see. There is a fascinating phenomena related to battery life. You may or may not have heard of of it. It is called an extended battery. You should familiarize yourself with this doohickey. I am a power user and with this trusty extended battery at my side, you know what? No battery life issues.

    Gets me through the whole day and then some. Sit down. Again nice attempt though.
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    why won't this thread die? We got the message. You switched. Now you can hang with your new peeps. I'm staying here, at least for the next 18 months or so.
    We get your message. Youre staying with your pre. Hang with your peeps in the pre forums. I'm staying here, with my evo.
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I checked out the HTC EVO at the Sprint store today and I must say that I was rather impressed with it. The hardware is solid and the OS responsive. I liked the front-facing camera and kick-stand. I must say that apps looked very impressive on it especially the ones from Google. Go figure! Frankly I must seriously think about whether to upgrade to it or not after Android 2.2 is released and Skype is available. What stopped me from purchasing it was the $200 price tag. Hopefully in a month or so Palm will come out with an EVO killer.

    WebOS is superior to Android in my opinion. I found navigation of WebOS more intuitive and responsive when overclocked at 800 MHz. The development environment is better as well. It is a shame that Palm did not have the financial resources to invest in WebOS to make sure we had things like voice dial, voice search, Skype, and Google Voice. Yeah, I know that having the other part of Google cooperate is a big help too. I still have hope that HP/Palm will come out with the next generation of the Pre that fully utilizes its hardware because I know that the developer community will be stepping up to the plate now that many of the barriers to entry into the App Catalog have been removed.


    I understand your points there however I found the pre to display a certain degree of lag when using the calendar and memo apps to name a few. I depend on those fairly heavily during the day. The evo was very fast in that regard. Webos is elegant. Multitasking is handled nicely but I found the hardware to be a real dealbreaker for me. Android is an ever maturing OS as is the app market. Good things are sure to come.

    When HPalm releases the next device we will see how it measures up. For now I have found the evo to be truly an outstanding smartphone experience.
  17. #177  
  18. #178  
    I bought the EVO, but I will be back. I really, really miss the WebOS multitasking. Just need a Pad WebOS device 7" or better.

    I am convinced HP will do good things with the SW, just always hated how cheap the Pre was made. I was one of the unlucky ones that had 3 bad pre's in the first two weeks.
    Thank you
  19. #179  
    It's a nice looking phone, but Sprint's voice coverage is crap.
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    You see. There is a fascinating phenomena related to battery life. You may or may not have heard of of it. It is called an extended battery. You should familiarize yourself with this doohickey. I am a power user and with this trusty extended battery at my side, you know what? No battery life issues.

    Gets me through the whole day and then some. Sit down. Again nice attempt though.
    Regardless of an extended battery...

    I am running my stock battery and my phone has been unplugged for 11 hours and counting. Still has over 50% charge.

    I've been using it all day from watching youtube videos, checking e-mail and just playing around on it... So, I don't know where people are saying the battery sucks on the EVO.

    I can take screen shots for proof if you'd like. I can at least get 2 days off of 1 full charge... And that's with moderate use. I don't have anything turned off except for auto sync on the News and Stocks apps. I have brightness set to 50%. But that's the only things I've tweaked.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Posting Permissions