View Poll Results: Who is switching to the EVO or going to wait it out?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm taking the EVO, bigger screen, better hardware.

161 43.75%
  • Not sure, I'll wait until I see more reviews of this phone.

92 25.00%
  • I'll wait until Palm releases something even better.

115 31.25%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I dont know if you guys have seen sprints debut ad for the HTC EVO but i really dont think the way that they currently advertise their phones is good enough to get them to the top again they along with the way they advertise all of their phones needs serious adjusting or work. I mean the droid and iphone ads are most remembered by people so i dont know palm and sprint they just need better ad campaigns. so if you guys havent seen it here is the HTC EVO debut ad i guess:

Let me know what you guys think of it?
    Damn!!! I gotta wait till december to get it. So tired of this ****ty pixi.
    In the nostalgic words of Hawk Harrelson..."He Gone!"

This is an amazing leap forward in many areas. Not only is Sprint releasing a 4G phone but the hardware its packing along is extremely impressive. I was worried when i heard this was going to be announced today because my upgrade isnt until May 1..now i can look forward to this soon! I hope sprint offers this early to Premiere members!
    Mmmmmmmmmm, forbidden donut.....
    bye bye Palm, can't wait to get my hands on this thing.
    okay i kind of feel bad for palm because it looks to me like most of us here are switching i mean im not giving away my pre or anything but i just want the EVO so bad, man I even signed up for the "tell me when the EVO is avaiable" notification. But even if i do get this phone I'm still keeping my pre as a backup. Are any of you guys going to do this?
    i'm sorry palm; it's not working out. i've found somebody new. maybe we can reconcile down the road sometime (boob job wink wink).
    hey guys i made another poll you guys should check it all out.

http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ld-you-do.html
    i'm waiting until to see what Apple does but i'm pretty much done with Palm. But this phone is a monster and i love it. and it's the sort of approach palm should have taken. Instead of having less then some of it's competitors it should have tried to trounce them in specs. I may not give up my pre for this because i may have to pay. But if it was free and a year contract i'd do it in a heartbeat. But the lack of apps on webos and the media player are huge issues for me. but hardware wise this phone is sick. And the problem Palm will have is there are gonna be 50 new android phones every year to the 2 or wishful thinking 3 palm phones. If they want to release one phone like apple it better be better then any other phone on the planet. Personally i think they should be licensing webos to compete. It may not be this phone i jump to (and not cause it's not good) but at the moment i'm just waiting till the right time and it's probably, as others said, "Bye bye Palm."
    i know this is off topic but do you guys think that apple will launch a new iphone before the summer to try and counter act this phone, even though att has no 4g yet
    im not getting this mainly bc i love webOS and hate android...yes the hardware specs r amazing and w.e but OS is more important to me than hardware...ppl r going crazy for nothing imo
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

well I mean i would deffinitely switch if and when this phone comes out and sprints 4g data plan stays the same as the everything data plans.
    +1+1+1...I'm done with the Pre...after 15 years with Palm.
    This is the baddest phone on the planet! Droid, Nothing, Nexus One forget about it.

Only one thing could make it better. WebOS!
    I'll take it for a few months even if I have to drive to Raleigh twice. Once for the Best Buy Pre-Order and the 2nd to pick it up.

This phone better burst into flames while in pockets or purses to keep people from switching to Sprint for it even if not in a 4G area, like me.

Since this has been announce today I doubt that Palm will be announcing anything at CTIA so I'm not holding out hope of seeing a new Palm device before October.
    If I'm right I'll have an upgrade waiting in Dec. for the Palm's super phone.

HTC Evo 4G will give me bragging rights for months though!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Because the Snapdragon and 4G chipsets were ready for production at the time.

Palm made the fastest device possible at the time. There were literally no chips faster than it ready for mass production yet.
    Yes. Roll your eyes and pretend Snapdragon and 4G are whats making everyone here salivate over the EVO. You may not want to admit it, but I think you're smart enough to know that there's more appeal to the EVO than that.

So let's straighten those eyes for a few seconds and look at what Palm gave us in 2009

- 3" Screen when industry standard became 3.5"+ for smartphones
    - Fixed camera when everyone moved to autofocus
    - Cheap toy plastics when rugged industrial build was expected
    - Shiny ladies only design when geeky men was the target

So yes, a large screen phone with solid build, industry leading specs and "made for a man" design would have helped Palm more than the Palms Preņorita stylings and constant updates just to keep up with the industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Yes. Roll your eyes and pretend Snapdragon and 4G are whats making everyone here salivate over the EVO. You may not want to admit it, but I think you're smart enough to know that there's more appeal to the EVO than that.

So let's straighten those eyes for a few seconds and look at what Palm gave us in 2009

- 3" Screen when industry standard became 3.5"+ for smartphones
    - Fixed camera when everyone moved to autofocus
    - Cheap toy plastics when rugged industrial build was expected
    - Shiny ladies only design when geeky men was the target

So yes, a large screen phone with solid build, industry leading specs and "made for a man" design would have helped Palm more than the Palms Preņorita stylings and constant updates just to keep up with the industry.
    One, that's not what you said. You said if Palm brought this out last year. It would've been impossible to bring this out last year, because of things such as what I already mentioned.

Two, the Evo 4G uses a soft touch plastic back, so I don't know why you're using 'cheap plastic' as a point against the Pre in this case.

Three, to say that there's an industry standard screen size for smartphones is just ridiculous. What about the 40% marketshare Blackberry owners that have smaller screens than the Pre does?

Four, geeky men were not the target for the Pre, just like the iPhone wasn't targeted at geeky men either. Palm's target all along has been non-smartphone users, and many of those, including men, are put off by the large size of many smartphones.

Finally, I've already conceded that the Evo has impressive hardware, but the point is that half of it advantages weren't available when Palm released the Pre.

If you think that this would be getting half the attention it's getting if it had a 500mHz Cortex A8 and 'only' 3G, then you're crazy. Nobody would switch to Sprint for that hardware. If it had those specs, what would be the draw exactly? A front facing camera that will probably barely get used? An 8 megapixel camera with a miniscule lens?
    i dont like the shape of the phone..but this phone has hardware from freakin heaven...8mp cam..from facing came..dual led flash...1ghz processor lots of ram and system memory sd card hdmi output...geezz....the Palm Pre 2 better deliver..better have some metal or something none of this cheap plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    the Palm Pre 2 better deliver..better have some metal or something none of this cheap plastic.
    it has to bc if not then i have no freaking idea what my next phone will be bc no matter wut im not getting an android
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Man This Phone Is Sexy!
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I really don't understand what some of you have against Android. I have a Pre and a Hero (rooted of course). Android is far more customizable than Web OS, 2.1 runs smoother than Web OS. There are tons of Apps and far greater community support, a wider selection of devices. What's the problem?

If Android had cards and gestures like Web OS uses them, then what?

From a lot of the comments I read, many do not know much about Android, because it is highly customizable, yet I hear things like "the home screen is too busy". You can make your home screen blank if you want. Some widgets are very useful. But you do not have to use them. I wish Web OS had some widgets native to the OS. Don't get me wrong, I really like Web OS, but hardware and apps are a significant reason to choose Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by rldev View Post
    I really don't understand what some of you have against Android. I have a Pre and a Hero (rooted of course). Android is far more customizable than Web OS, 2.1 runs smoother than Web OS. There are tons of Apps and far greater community support, a wider selection of devices. What's the problem?

If Android had cards and gestures like Web OS uses them, then what?

From a lot of the comments I read, many do not know much about Android, because it is highly customizable, yet I hear things like "the home screen is too busy". You can make your home screen blank if you want. Some widgets are very useful. But you do not have to use them. I wish Web OS had some widgets native to the OS. Don't get me wrong, I really like Web OS, but hardware and apps are a significant reason to choose Android.
    this is only my opinion...but i think android has a very ugly OS...and multitasking on it is a joke...i love the card interface of webOS, its beautiful...thats all i gotta say
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!