View Poll Results: Who is switching to the EVO or going to wait it out?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm taking the EVO, bigger screen, better hardware.

161 43.75%
  • Not sure, I'll wait until I see more reviews of this phone.

92 25.00%
  • I'll wait until Palm releases something even better.

115 31.25%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Looks really nice, especailly the hw but it still's Android underneath (although, that's better than having Winmo). At least Sprint is getting some love from HTC that doesn't have the joke that is winmo.

This type of hw would rule mobile devices if it had WebOS in it. The possibilities would be ridiculous.

However, I'll wait for Palm to see what it comes out with later this yr. WebOS had me at launch day. I'd like Palm to unveil this type of hw in their next WebOS device. Similar spec'd hw with WebOS = Winner!
    Last edited by Achill3s; 03/23/2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Wrong forum section & are you really hearing about this phone just now?

not sure if srs.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    In the short term I'm not actually sure it makes much of a difference to palm - in the slightly longer term (if palm survives that long), it's raises the bar for hardware specs for premium phones, so palm needs to have deep pockets to keep up...
    I hope they don't make you pay for 4g data to get the phone, I'm not in a 4g city
    you know you don't help sales with posts and threads like this if I didn't have a pre and came here to research I wouldn't buy one I love this phone I'm glad I saw my coworker with one and liked it then came here for advice keep that in mind next time sense palm is always here for us why don't we back them up too
    WebOS on this phone would be AMAZING. So....caj2008 - any chance you and unix want to work on this?
    I sadly agree.... I need to get rid of my overdrive as the bill is crappy. Even if 4g data costs 30 more a month, itll still be 40 less than I pay for the overdrive to tether my laptop to (and i wont have to carry around another device). PLease GOD palm release a 4g webos phone SOON!
    Nice hardware..the issue is Android sorta sux. Sorry to those android fans (I was hopeful it was gonna be a solid os back in the day) but its really the new winmo. Tons of different user experiences across tons of devices which just isnt good and why the iphone just cleans up. Same with RIM. The model android chose is archaic. Which is why MSFT has also changed to be much more controlling for windows series 7. Anyway....
    I hope Palm releases a killer piece of hardware (supports 4g) not to replace the Pre and Pixi but as a complement. So if you want a touchscreen slab phone they'd have that as well as the pre and pixi (with faster procs).
    4G better not cost more than 3G or I will have no part of it.
    Guys like you are the reasons why carriers love imposing those end-contract fees.

Every manufacturers are just a few months away at announcing/releasing upgraded versions of thier phones.
    Looks impressive, everything but the VK, saw some lagging and typical typing mistakes associated with VK's. Crap, if only it had a real keyboard, think i'll wait and see what Palm comes out with later this year.
    BTW,

it has TWO cameras!! One is on the back (8 megapixel, can shoot 720p HD) And one on the front (1.3 megapixels) for video calling/conferencing!!
    The way the guy struggled trying to type a simple message on the virtual keyboard is the reason I can't do a phone like that.

For text messaging it may be OK, but that just doesn't go if you need to type a business-related email or something.

Why are so many phones without a hardware keyboard? Is it a size thing?
    8mp camera... 720p? Wow! 4g Palm device has a lot to live up to.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Would love to see Palm's response as well as find out what WP7 device Sprint will have, but barring insufficient efforts on those fronts...

Yeah...this is my next device.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    Guys like you are the reasons why carriers love imposing those end-contract fees.

Every manufacturers are just a few months away at announcing/releasing upgraded versions of thier phones.
    But it's coming out in Summer. Most of us that bought a Pre when they first came out will be up for renewal in-you guessed it-Summer!
    It's too big for me. I like the resolution of the screen though. But at the end of the day i'd rather have something i can use.

That said, i'd love to try it out. I could easily switch to this if the plan isn't insane.
    So i was browsing throught the internet, just looking around and found out about this, that sprint is going to launch their first 4g phone this summer. Great move for sprint but what about us palm users. Who's going to switch, i Mean i Love my PRE, but the bigger screen real estate made me drool and the 1ghz processor, almost seals the deal. I only wish it would run WebOS. But for all of you who are curious about pics and videos of the ACTUAL device here is the link:

HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget

So all you sprint pre and pixi owners, whos going to switch and who's going to wait it out?
    Sound off below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    The way the guy struggled trying to type a simple message on the virtual keyboard is the reason I can't do a phone like that.

For text messaging it may be OK, but that just doesn't go if you need to type a business-related email or something.

Why are so many phones without a hardware keyboard? Is it a size thing?
    It's a money thing, lot cheaper to produce a phone without a physical keyboard.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast