1.    #1  
    Check this out: Nexus One review -- Engadget

Scroll down to the video called, "Telephony / data / earpiece and speaker". The Droid and Nexus One were PAINFULLY slow. I compared my Pre (Sprint) along with the video, and it beat both phones easily. Even with that Snapdragon 1 ghz processor, my Pre was more fluid, faster loading, and handled the images better.

Thank you Palm
    Last edited by pogeypre; 03/23/2010 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post

Scroll down to the video called, "Telephony / data / earpiece and speaker". The Droid and Nexus One were PAINFULLY slow. I compared my Pre (Sprint) along with the video, and it beat both phones easily. Even with that Snapdragon 1 ghz processor, my Pre was more fluid, faster loading, and handled the images better.

Thank you Palm
    That is great, but not valid because you can't compare across two different networks. But yes, in general the Pre and iPhone are very comparable in browser speeds.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 03/23/2010 at 11:48 AM.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    did you consider using any of the 720/800mhz oc-ing patches you really wipe the floor with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    did you consider using any of the 720/800mhz oc-ing patches you really wipe the floor with them?
    Are these available for 1.4?
    hey x i cant find those patches(720 800) r u sure they available for 1.4
    i see them available for 1.3.5.1
    this place is getting desperate.

pulling up three month old tests to try and get the Pre to make a splash.

too little too late.
  8.    #8  
    Regardless, I wouldn't use the patches. I need my battery life. I don't find it that slow. I just find a lot of people impatient.

Agreed that it is not valid because I'm comparing them on different networks; however, when I was comparing the fluidness of the browser, it had nothing to do with networks, merely how the phone handles the browser and the images loaded.
    you'll have to contact caj2008 or wait till wednesday when they are publicly released for 1.4 but let me tell you they are FAST
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    this place is getting desperate.

pulling up three month old tests to try and get the Pre to make a splash.

too little too late.
    If that was a three month old test, I wasn't aware. Not only that, but it had nothing to do with desperation.

Chud, how is this an attempt to give the Pre a "splash". I'm in a friggin Pre forum. I would be posting this on an unbiased or Android forum if I were attempting to do that. Use your brain.
    you'll have to contact caj2008 or wait till wednesday when they are publicly released for 1.4 but let me tell you they are FAST
    Where will they be publicly released? Preware?
    how can we contact them...i got the 600mhz fr his forum n it's working great, I could imagine the 800mhz
    If that was a three month old test, I wasn't aware. Not only that, but it had nothing to do with desperation.

Chud, how is this an attempt to give the Pre a "splash". I'm in a friggin Pre forum. I would be posting this on an unbiased or Android forum if I were attempting to do that. Use your brain.
    its not just you and its not meant to be offensive.

it's the whole forum desperately grasping at anything they can in order to validate the phone as a contender.

between the stocks falling and the announcements of the upcoming Supersonic and the arrival of the N1, this place is becoming rabid.

im glad you used your brain though with your scientific comparison and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    how can we contact them...i got the 600mhz fr his forum n it's working great, I could imagine the 800mhz
    you won't need to contact him.. Just check the forums on wednesday and I'm sure they'll be posted
    aight thanx man
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    its not just you and its not meant to be offensive.

it's the whole forum desperately grasping at anything they can in order to validate the phone as a contender.

between the stocks falling and the announcements of the upcoming Supersonic and the arrival of the N1, this place is becoming rabid.

im glad you used your brain though with your scientific comparison and all.
    Actually, in all reality if the Pre were dead, then this forum would be dead.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts

This is desperation. The Droid with the X-Scope browser is very fast. Verizon's network is not that fast. Running them side by side I can't say the Pre rendered anything faster. Most of these browsers are based upon similar technology. I highly doubt the Pre is besting the Nexus One by any real margin, especially when the Nexus One's processor is 40% faster on paper. Wishful thinking.