1.    #1  
    Yes, it's official.

Official: Apple now offering iPhones... unlocked! -- Engadget

Ever more reason for Palm to offer fully unlocked Pre Pluses, like yesterday.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Yes, it's official.

Official: Apple now offering iPhones... unlocked! -- Engadget

Ever more reason for Palm to offer fully unlocked Pre Pluses, like yesterday.
    I'm a Sprint user, but I agree, they should offer unlocked Pre Pluses and Pixi Pluses from the website, and not have any App Catalog restrictions or anything of that sort that we've heard about for others who have gotten unlocked phones other ways.
    It isn't unlocked. The phones are still locked to AT&T. Just read the update on Engadget
    Yeah, that changes things, though I still think Palm should do that.
    Apple is feeling it!! competition is healthy. If they continue locking their phones to all carriers then google will eventually dominate the smartphone arena. Google is smart with nexus one and they'll be very successful at doing so.
    This defiantly sounds fake, Apple needs AT&T without it they wouldn't be able to blame their terrible network-performance on the carrier.

Not to mention Apple isn't interested in what people what, just to make money, just so happens they make the most money by releasing proprietary devices which look "good" don't know how the ipad fell in there but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    This defiantly sounds fake, Apple needs AT&T without it they wouldn't be able to blame their terrible network-performance on the carrier.
    It wasn't exactly fake, just it was incorrect at first . The Engadget story was real, it just turns out that they're still unlocked, only contract-free from Apple. Early reports they were given to the contrary were wrong.
    Well I decided to read the article but contract-free from AT&T is indeed "totally lame".